“Christmas lunch 2013”

Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Ranked #7 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Had the best xmas lunch ever [ and we,ve had a lot ! ].
Top quality food, 4 starters to die for [ including lobster ravioli soup ] and yes you got all four, turkey main course done in carvery style and a table full of mixed desserts done superbly, including xmas cake lollipops coated in chocolate. It was like Willy Wonka had done the desserts - FANTASTIC !!
Great value for money, a great family atmosphere, delicious food and even an appearance by Santa to give the toddlers some presents [ nice touch Hyatt :} ].
All this in the beautiful restaurant with the gorgeous Atrium.
If your looking for somewhere to book for xmas 2014, this is it !

1  Thank bellews43
Dominik S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear bellews43,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive compliments from our guests.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can assist you with. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the upcoming future.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Birmingham

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed at the. Hyatt on 7dec for one night. Very central location, on arrival we parked the car in the multi-storey about a two min walk away. Cost £12.50 for the parking. The concierge was very helpfu, I had emailed the hotel and asked for a high floor, which is what we were given with a lovely view overlooking the canal. Hotel was nicely decorated for xmas. Excellent location for the xmas market, it virtually began across the street, well worth a visit. Spent the evening in the bars on canal street and had a really nice Indian meal( upstairs in canal st on left after crossing the bridge). Had drinks in the hotel bar, very pleasant. Breakfast was what you'd expect in a hotel of this calibre! fab. Thanks for a lovely stay we will return soon.

Room Tip: High floor to enjoy the view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blodynallen

Dear Blodynallen,

Reviewed 20 December 2013

My husband, 5 year old son and I had a fantastic weekend at the Hyatt Regency. During the two nights that we stayed there, we found the staff exceptional. They were all very friendly and helpful and made us all feel very welcome, especially our young son. Our room was well stocked with tea, coffee and mini bar and it was very clean. The beds were really comfortable, even the one that was brought up for my son. The outstanding aspect of our room was the view. We were on the 18th floor and the windows were floor ceiling. It was an amazing cityscape, especially at night, but because the windows are tinted, you have absolute privacy. The location is very central and at the end of Broad Street, where all of the entertainment is located. Because is was Christmas, we were overlooking the big wheel, ice skating rink and Christmas market. Being so close, you might expect some noise, but this was not the case.

There were a lot of options for breakfast, hot and cold. We were very happy with this. In the evening we had room service and the food was of a very high standard. We used the swimming pool, which was great fun and it was empty for much of the time. There is a Jacuzzi area, which was also nice, two saunas and a ice cold dunk pool (approx. 1m square) for when you come out of the sauna, but I didn't risk that. The only thing that I would say about the pool is that there is no shallow end. It was ok for us because our son can swim a bit and you can make use of the steps area. There is no parking, but there is a public car park at the end of the side road, within easy walking distance for most people.

Room Tip: The higher up the better. I'd recommend asking for a room with a view out on to the big wheel/li...
1  Thank amy k

Dear Amy,

I am pleased to hear that the staff provided such excellent customer service. It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with the team. We have very dedicated members of staff here who will be pleased to know their efforts have been recognized.

Dear Amy, please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can assist you with. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the upcoming future.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

The Hyatt Regency in Birmingham can be a disappointment if you are expecting the full 'Hyatt experience' because what you will get is a busy money making machine that churns rooms and customers on a frenetic rate. It is essentially a conference hotel feeding the ICC across the road (via a link bridge) or in their own conference rooms. If you want much more than this the Hyatt is not for you. If however you want a conference hotel with slick service and good mass catering in Birmingham then this is the place to be, they do this very well.
I have stayed five or six times at the Hyatt in most types of room - this stay was in a Club Room so had access to the private Club Lounge with drinks and canapés in the evening and continental breakfast provided. This is very much like an airline executive lounge and works very well if you pay that bit extra for the Club Floor. The other standard rooms in the hotel are very much of a muchness and the whole place is beginning to get a little tired in places which is not surprising given the level of throughput of guests.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear DerrickJS,

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights on holiday. Directly opposite the famous Birmingham library and the German night market. Good location. A few minutes walk in either direction gets you to the restaurants. Rooms are quite nice, not over the top but cosy and spacious at the same time. The rooms are modern and the bathrooms, a little basic, but everything works well. Breakfast is a bit of a let down although the staff at breakfast are eager to help and very friendly. Parking is a problem as you have a good 5/7 minute walk uphill when parking your car and coming back to the hotel in rain/cold weather. Other than that, generally a good hotel with most of the staff being friendly and courteous. Special mention of LEE at the concierge desk, a very friendly person. I wish him well.

1  Thank AzTee

Dear AzLee,

I am pleased to hear that the staff provided such excellent customer service. It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with Lee and the rest of the team. We have very dedicated members of staff here who will be pleased to know their efforts have been recognized.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I booked the Hyatt for my husband's birthday as it had previously been billed as Birmingham's 'top' hotel but you would be better going to Hotel La Tour as this stay was very disappointing on a number of fronts. The location is good and the concierge are excellent and friendly but that is about where the good experience stopped. Our room was OK - clean and spacious but it was absolutely freezing and the air conditioning/heating could not be fixed and no offer of a move as it was full. The room service menu is very limited and because of it's convenient location to Broad Street, we were staying on a Saturday night and got woken up constantly by party-goers and people coming and going, all clearly drunk, at different times of the night and morning, so we never got hardly any sleep. We couldn't wait to leave the next day. Overall very disappointing and don't stay there if you want a good night's sleep on a weekend night.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can to avoid disruption at night
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear joby69,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to our hotel. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are best able to direct our efforts. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the broken heating and the noisiness.

This is certainly not what our guests have come to expect from Hyatt. I have shared your comments with the Maintenance Manager to ensure we continually evaluate and improve the service we provide our guests. I hope you will consider this as an isolated experience.

I do hope you will continue to make Hyatt your preferred choice of hotel. If there is anything further I can assist with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Only stayed the one night but was impressed on several counts.The service was efficient and friendly and the executive room splendid.The views from the floor to ceiling window were lovely and I would certainly recommend the Hyatt if you are visiting the Symphony Hall as there is a passage way between the two.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple