“THE BEST IN BIRMINGHAM”

Ranked #8 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Warwick, United Kingdom
“THE BEST IN BIRMINGHAM”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

If you are looking for a little bit of luxury in your life and want to get away from life's hustle and bustle, then let the Hyatt Hotel in Birmingham do that for you. Very relaxing inside in the foyer area and the bar staff very attentive. The Reception staff most kind and courteous and found I had stayed there recently as well and on a good rate that time. The room was excellent, clean and spacious. The bed was very comfy and the room service great and food superb. I even got a thank you email the day after checking out! Excellent. I will be back!

Room Tip: One overlooking the city quite high up and not ones overlooking the derelict building unfortunately...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dominik S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Dave H.,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive compliments from our guests.

I am pleased to hear that the staff provided such excellent customer service. It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with the team. We have very dedicated members of staff here who will be pleased to know their efforts have been recognized.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can assist you with. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the upcoming future.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Me and my boyfriend spent NYE here this is one of many stays for us at the Hyatt and each time we stay it just gets better and better. Friendly staff in particular Mohamed Badra who has helped our Hyatt experience be the best. Amazing views, A clean modern hotel with great facilities. We stayed on floor 23 Regency club which we would recommend. As we had city view at midnight the firework show was spectacular as we had the best seats in the house. We will continue to come to this hotel again and again as we've had nothing but the best experiences here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Lizzy,

I am pleased to hear that the staff provided such excellent customer service. It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with Mohamed and the team. We have very dedicated members of staff here who will be pleased to know their efforts have been recognized.

UK
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Check in wasn't good, a trainee who wasn't very good, after a painful check in, I wasn't told one thing about the hotel. He even didn't tag the card properly. The room was basic but large. I do think its a joke when hotels charge £2.95 for bottles of water in the rooms, a con really, thankfully I realised before I opened one. Good view from the room and breakfast service was excellent. I thought the quality was good but I didn't think they had a massively wide range of choice particularly for fruit for an American chain. Overall had a decent stay but wouldn't jump and down with excitement about coming back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear RJB1000,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to our hotel. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are best able to direct our efforts.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Had the best xmas lunch ever [ and we,ve had a lot ! ].
Top quality food, 4 starters to die for [ including lobster ravioli soup ] and yes you got all four, turkey main course done in carvery style and a table full of mixed desserts done superbly, including xmas cake lollipops coated in chocolate. It was like Willy Wonka had done the desserts - FANTASTIC !!
Great value for money, a great family atmosphere, delicious food and even an appearance by Santa to give the toddlers some presents [ nice touch Hyatt :} ].
All this in the beautiful restaurant with the gorgeous Atrium.
If your looking for somewhere to book for xmas 2014, this is it !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bellews43
Dear bellews43,

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed at the. Hyatt on 7dec for one night. Very central location, on arrival we parked the car in the multi-storey about a two min walk away. Cost £12.50 for the parking. The concierge was very helpfu, I had emailed the hotel and asked for a high floor, which is what we were given with a lovely view overlooking the canal. Hotel was nicely decorated for xmas. Excellent location for the xmas market, it virtually began across the street, well worth a visit. Spent the evening in the bars on canal street and had a really nice Indian meal( upstairs in canal st on left after crossing the bridge). Had drinks in the hotel bar, very pleasant. Breakfast was what you'd expect in a hotel of this calibre! fab. Thanks for a lovely stay we will return soon.

Room Tip: High floor to enjoy the view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Blodynallen
Dear Blodynallen,

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My husband, 5 year old son and I had a fantastic weekend at the Hyatt Regency. During the two nights that we stayed there, we found the staff exceptional. They were all very friendly and helpful and made us all feel very welcome, especially our young son. Our room was well stocked with tea, coffee and mini bar and it was very clean. The beds were really comfortable, even the one that was brought up for my son. The outstanding aspect of our room was the view. We were on the 18th floor and the windows were floor ceiling. It was an amazing cityscape, especially at night, but because the windows are tinted, you have absolute privacy. The location is very central and at the end of Broad Street, where all of the entertainment is located. Because is was Christmas, we were overlooking the big wheel, ice skating rink and Christmas market. Being so close, you might expect some noise, but this was not the case.

There were a lot of options for breakfast, hot and cold. We were very happy with this. In the evening we had room service and the food was of a very high standard. We used the swimming pool, which was great fun and it was empty for much of the time. There is a Jacuzzi area, which was also nice, two saunas and a ice cold dunk pool (approx. 1m square) for when you come out of the sauna, but I didn't risk that. The only thing that I would say about the pool is that there is no shallow end. It was ok for us because our son can swim a bit and you can make use of the steps area. There is no parking, but there is a public car park at the end of the side road, within easy walking distance for most people.

Room Tip: The higher up the better. I'd recommend asking for a room with a view out on to the big wheel/li...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank amy k
Dear Amy,

Dear Amy, please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can assist you with. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the upcoming future.

Esher, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013

The Hyatt Regency in Birmingham can be a disappointment if you are expecting the full 'Hyatt experience' because what you will get is a busy money making machine that churns rooms and customers on a frenetic rate. It is essentially a conference hotel feeding the ICC across the road (via a link bridge) or in their own conference rooms. If you want much more than this the Hyatt is not for you. If however you want a conference hotel with slick service and good mass catering in Birmingham then this is the place to be, they do this very well.
I have stayed five or six times at the Hyatt in most types of room - this stay was in a Club Room so had access to the private Club Lounge with drinks and canapés in the evening and continental breakfast provided. This is very much like an airline executive lounge and works very well if you pay that bit extra for the Club Floor. The other standard rooms in the hotel are very much of a muchness and the whole place is beginning to get a little tired in places which is not surprising given the level of throughput of guests.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business