“A few things annoyed me”

Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Ranked #7 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 26 February 2014

2 night stay when I arrived on a Sunday usually the quietest day in the hotel industry I checked in and was told they had no more rooms with double beds just single beds. I had to pay £20per night more to be upgraded to a room with a double bed, ok, constant banging and drilling for the whole of the 2 night stay starting early morning, mentioned it when checked out, they clicked away on the computer and informed me no one was working above my room, must be haunted then. Besides this issue I didn't like his attitude. Also don't pay the Hyatt for the car park it's the same money and less hassle. The location is good but maybe I will look else where as I didn't feel a valued customer more like a hassle.

• Stayed: February 2014
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for taking some time on writing the experience you have recieved in our hotel.

I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment when you have stayed with us. Please accept my sincere apologies on this matter. I have passed on your comments to our Security Manager and Reception Manager to make sure we do not overlook the experience you had. It is only through feedbacks we receive such us yours that we are able to to look and take necessary actions where needed.

I hope you will still give us the chance of welcoming you again in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me if i can be of any assistance.

Kind Regards,

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Birmingham

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a few times and this hotel is just quality .Customer service is second to none and I love the rooms and love the view...Great place.Restaurant is top class and dealings with all staff is top class.They seem to have got this right .Returning soon.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank steveBamako

Dear User,

Thank you very much for choosing Hyatt as your preferred hotel in Birmingham.

I would also like to thank you for the amazing compliments on this review, it will certainly be passed on to our dedicated member of staff who has made you enjoy your visit in our hotel.

We hope that the opportunity of welcoming you again will be very soon!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We got what we paid: BB, wifi. The front desk was extremely pleasant and very helpful. Ideal place for ICC (connected directly from the hotel with a bridge - no need to get outside). Breakfast as reach as possible (don't forget we are talking about a 4*). They cleaned and set up our room 3-4 times per day! When book, ask the highest possible floor to have a good view either to the canals or to the city center. 4-5 min walk from New Street station and 3 min from Town Hall and the beginning of the New Street. Very convenient place. Our room was quite large, around 35 sm. Finally regarding the offered water for GBP2.75, there are alternatives around.

Room Tip: Higher floors to have a good view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear User,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt as your preferred hotel to stay in Birmingham.

I am delighted to hear that you have found our hotel location very convenient for local amenities and helped you enjoy your visit in Birmingham. I will be more than happy to pass on your compliments to our dedicated member of staff who has contributed on making your stay with us a memorable one.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Director of Operations

If there is anything else I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner for a day/night away to wind down and relax and it gave us just that - beautiful hotel, very well maintained and polite, attentive staff.

Pros:
Good sized bathroom, shower over bathtub though
Great bedroom decor, atmospheric lighting on arrival
Floor to ceiling windows - fantastic views
Silent from noise on top floor (24)
Great service in Executive Club lounge
Good gym and spa facilities
Good aircon, quieter then others I've experienced
Great location - very central but safe and quiet

Cons:
Chargeable bottled water in room
Lifts take a while to arrive
Small and strange sized jacuzzi
No 24h room service - VERY limited range on special request
Very limited continental breakfast in the Executive lounge

I will stay here every time I visit Birmingham from now on, lovely hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to our hotel and your kind words. I am more than happy to share your kind words with the team. We have employees who are very dedicated and will be happy to know their efforts have come a long way.

I do hope you will continue to make Hyatt your preferred choice of hotel. If there is anything further I can assist with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regard’s,

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stay at this hotel many times lovely room bright and modern amazing bed and linen , love the bathroom too big bath and nice and bright , breakfast fabulous lots of choice service as u would expect in a top hotel , will be staying there again march 10th love this hotel

Room Tip: Charm , rooms are all lovely and club rooms are worth paying for
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear User,

Thank you very much for choosing Hyatt as a preferred hotel to stay in Birmingham.

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and that the services we provide in our hotel has catered you well. It is only through our guest feedback that we are able to continue delivering the best service that we have promised.

Again, I would like to extend our sincere gratitude for the compliments you have provided and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

If there is anything further I can assist with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 22 February 2014

my friend and I stayed at the Hyatt regency hotel on Saturday 15th February 2014 for just 1 night, we were going to see a play at the rep and chose this simply because it was the nearest hotel. on arrival at Birmingham New Street we took a taxi to the hotel, £5 for what would have taken us 5 minutes to walk, (the taxi driver told us his meter wasn't working so not sure we should have got in ) luckily that was the only negative to our trip. on arrival at the Hyatt we were greeted by friendly doormen who helped us out with our cases, one joked he had put his back out with the larger case, the reception staff were equally friendly and it was a speedy check in, we had been given a room on the 5th floor and were told it was overlooking the canal, thinking the view would be better overlooking the theatre area we asked if they had a different room, told no problem and we were given one overlooking the theatre/library but on the 10th floor, we were a little worried about that as both my friend and myself hate heights and I suffer from vertigo and the rooms have floor to ceiling windows but it was fine, we looked out at the view rather than downwards, the room was lovely, very well furnished and very clean, flat screen TV and fridge/mini bar in room. I didn't sleep particularly well but that wasn't because of the bed which was very comfy, I was woken by someone making a noise in the corridor in the early hours and couldn't get back to sleep for a while because I could hear the TV from another room, the one below us I think, it seemed that they had fallen asleep with their TV on as I could hear the sound all through the night as I only got back into a light sleep, but no worries,these things happen, they have a pool at the hotel which I would have liked to use but we were only there the 1 night and it was quite an early check out (11 am) so I didn't get the chance to swim, housekeeping is a bit keen, we had someone try the door at 8:30 and again at 9:30 so it was a good job i didn't want to go to the pool. we didn't have breakfast as my friend doesn't eat it but it is available for around £18. they put 2 bottles of water on the bedside table but be aware they are not free, almost £3 each, for the price of the room you would have thought they would provide free water but no,
when we checked out we were able to leave our cases in a room by the main doors and picked them back up a few hours later after wandering around the nearby bullring shopping centre, there is a bridge that connects the hotel to the building housing the symphony hall, wish we had realised we could use it as it would have been a quicker and warmer route to the theatre for us but we didn't realise this until after we checked out. all in all we were very pleased with the hotel and would stay here again if we needed to stay overnight at Birmingham as it is very central and good value for money

Room Tip: ask at check in what view you have and if at wrong side of hotel ask to change they are happy to obl...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit to our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that the staff provided such excellent customer service. It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with the team. We have very dedicated members of staff here who will be pleased to know their efforts have been recognised.

I have shared your comments with the Housekeeping Manager to ensure we continually evaluate and improve the service we provide our guests. To make sure we don’t disturb anyone we provide a “do not disturb” sign what can placed outside your door. Secondly, as a hotel guest you can use our pool facilities until 6pm on the day of check out.

I can assist with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Nice clean hotel, tesco up the road for any extras as the hotel isn't cheap :-( food was nice and not that bad of a price for room service but pop and water is a fortune for what they are. All the rooms have a great view and you get very little noise. Car parking is a walk but they do have a bus :-)

Room Tip: All the rooms have a great view
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to our hotel. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are best able to direct our efforts. I am delighted to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us

Best regards,