“Unhelpful with a Awful Attitude”

Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Ranked #6 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
“Unhelpful with a Awful Attitude”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Upon check in I was charged the full amount for my room and a deposit. Then to be told on checkout I needed to pay for the room and my extras! Ive payed for the room twice and still not had my deposit back! Extreemly unorganised! Never known a hotel like it. I contacted the receptionist who spoke to me like I was an inconvenience even though its the reception staff who are the inconvenience and cannot manage a sorry for mistakes. Breakfast was terrible not worth what they charge I recommend a two minute walk away to a small waterside set of resturants. I had to wait 20 minutes for someone to offer me coffee which was cold and even longer to get some more milk. Nobody wants to make your stay enjoyable and I will not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Beckiie910
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear User,

Thank you for taking your time on writing the experience you have received in our hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I have addressed your concerns to our Reception Manager and Food & Beverage Manager to make sure this is not overlooked. It is only through feedbacks such as yours that we are able to improve the quality of service we provide.

Again, i would like to extend our sincere apologies and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance at all.

Kind Regards,

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (614)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
warwickshire
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Fabulous stay on Valentines 2014. The staff were very attentive, bringing chocolates to our room and making sure everything was perfect for us.

Breakfast was buffet style and very eclectic. The chef was often out checking the food and open to requests for items not out such as an omelette.

We went for a swim the next morning, the pool has a steam room and sauna, not spa like but still very nice.

We asked for the room service food menu before arriving which we were promised would be emailed to us but it was not.

Parking is at an extra cost (£13) for a nearby multistory but you can stay there for the duration of the next day. It was raining when we were due to walk back to it and the concierge did a free shuttle to the car park.

I would stay here again. The room and hotel was clean and comfortable. There was a pianist in the lobby in the evening and a busy cocktail bar is attached to the hotel.

The location is central to the nightlife in Birmingham and some nice restaurants, the mailbox, Brindley place and canal, only 5 minutes taxi to the theatres.

Would recommend.

Room Tip: You can choose either a canal or city view. Both are nice. The city view is nice at night and cana...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel D
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear User,

Thank you very much for choosing Hyatt as your preferred hotel to stay in Birmingham.

I am glad to hear that the experience you had provided you with such a memory. it is only through feedbacks such as yours that we are able to continuously exceed our customers expectations. I will be more than happy to pass on your excellent comments to our dedicated member of staff who were the main key of making your day with us a special one.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again in the near future and please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best Wishes,

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The rooms are spacious, comfortable but the views are best! With floor to ceiling windows which are amazing. The interior of the hotel is fab and the location is brilliant. Loved the club lounge? or something like that, basically you have to pay between £20-£40pp more (cant quite remember) however you have a gorgeous shared VIP lounge area with stunning views to eat unlimited snacks and beverages for a couple of hours and the following morning which made the stay extra special!! and the swimming pool/spa facilities are just superb :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive compliments from our guests.

I am pleased to hear that your visit in our Regency Club lounge made your stay extra special. It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Burton on the Wolds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

2 night stay when I arrived on a Sunday usually the quietest day in the hotel industry I checked in and was told they had no more rooms with double beds just single beds. I had to pay £20per night more to be upgraded to a room with a double bed, ok, constant banging and drilling for the whole of the 2 night stay starting early morning, mentioned it when checked out, they clicked away on the computer and informed me no one was working above my room, must be haunted then. Besides this issue I didn't like his attitude. Also don't pay the Hyatt for the car park it's the same money and less hassle. The location is good but maybe I will look else where as I didn't feel a valued customer more like a hassle.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear User,

Thank you for taking some time on writing the experience you have recieved in our hotel.

I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment when you have stayed with us. Please accept my sincere apologies on this matter. I have passed on your comments to our Security Manager and Reception Manager to make sure we do not overlook the experience you had. It is only through feedbacks we receive such us yours that we are able to to look and take necessary actions where needed.

I hope you will still give us the chance of welcoming you again in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me if i can be of any assistance.

Kind Regards,

Kampala, Uganda
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a few times and this hotel is just quality .Customer service is second to none and I love the rooms and love the view...Great place.Restaurant is top class and dealings with all staff is top class.They seem to have got this right .Returning soon.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank steveBamako
Dear User,

Thank you very much for choosing Hyatt as your preferred hotel in Birmingham.

I would also like to thank you for the amazing compliments on this review, it will certainly be passed on to our dedicated member of staff who has made you enjoy your visit in our hotel.

We hope that the opportunity of welcoming you again will be very soon!

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We got what we paid: BB, wifi. The front desk was extremely pleasant and very helpful. Ideal place for ICC (connected directly from the hotel with a bridge - no need to get outside). Breakfast as reach as possible (don't forget we are talking about a 4*). They cleaned and set up our room 3-4 times per day! When book, ask the highest possible floor to have a good view either to the canals or to the city center. 4-5 min walk from New Street station and 3 min from Town Hall and the beginning of the New Street. Very convenient place. Our room was quite large, around 35 sm. Finally regarding the offered water for GBP2.75, there are alternatives around.

Room Tip: Higher floors to have a good view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear User,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt as your preferred hotel to stay in Birmingham.

I am delighted to hear that you have found our hotel location very convenient for local amenities and helped you enjoy your visit in Birmingham. I will be more than happy to pass on your compliments to our dedicated member of staff who has contributed on making your stay with us a memorable one.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Director of Operations

If there is anything else I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Wishes,

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner for a day/night away to wind down and relax and it gave us just that - beautiful hotel, very well maintained and polite, attentive staff.

Pros:
Good sized bathroom, shower over bathtub though
Great bedroom decor, atmospheric lighting on arrival
Floor to ceiling windows - fantastic views
Silent from noise on top floor (24)
Great service in Executive Club lounge
Good gym and spa facilities
Good aircon, quieter then others I've experienced
Great location - very central but safe and quiet

Cons:
Chargeable bottled water in room
Lifts take a while to arrive
Small and strange sized jacuzzi
No 24h room service - VERY limited range on special request
Very limited continental breakfast in the Executive lounge

I will stay here every time I visit Birmingham from now on, lovely hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to our hotel and your kind words. I am more than happy to share your kind words with the team. We have employees who are very dedicated and will be happy to know their efforts have come a long way.

I do hope you will continue to make Hyatt your preferred choice of hotel. If there is anything further I can assist with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regard’s,