“Good location for the NIA”

Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Ranked #7 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I've given this hotel a rating of very good as the room we had on the 18th floor was fine (although we had to pay on top of the standard rate to get it). However I am very disappointed with other aspects of the hotel. Breakfast was mediocre! I stupidly left my coat in the bar after attending a show at the NIA and went to bed forgetting all about it. When we asked reception about it the next morning they were not that interested, just wanted to take our details so they could let is know if it turned up! We were told there was a meeting of security later that morning so my husband left his mobile number for some feedback after this meeting. We have heard nothing! I emailed the hotel marking it for the attention of management and that has received no reply, which is poor! There were very few people in the bar that night so I can only assume a dishonest member of staff or another guest has taken it!! Not a happy memory of the Hyatt.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neep
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to our hotel. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are best able to direct our efforts. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the service you have received.

This is certainly not what our guests have come to expect from Hyatt. I have shared your comments with the Reception Manager to ensure we continually evaluate and improve the service we provide our guests. I hope you will consider this as an isolated experience.

Mr. Smith, I do hope you will continue to make Hyatt your preferred choice of hotel. If there is anything further I can assist with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Birmingham

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed in the Hyatt Regency last weekend as I was attending an event in the NIA, which was just a 10 minute walk away - so the location was perfect. The check-in was very slow, which was annoying but our rooms were ready despite arriving very early in the morning. My room was on the 8th floor, very spacious and comfortable. The only problem (which is probably out of the hotel's control, to be fair!) was that I could hear the beeps of the pedestrian crossing from the street below,which was really annoying. A major negative for me was having to pay for Wifi (£10 per day). I didn't pay for it, but really think a hotel of this calibre should offer free Wifi. It would deter me from staying again, which is a pity.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bell1098
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for taking your time on writing the experience you have received in our hotel.

I understand you were disappointed with the Internet Service. Our corporate office has introduced a new standard regarding our Internet. We are expecting the new Internet Services to take effect within the upcoming month. I hope you will consider this as an isolated experience.

I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you for an early check in. Our dedicated member of staff always tries their very best to help our guest in every way.

We hope to have the opportunity again of welcoming you in our hotel and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 March 2014

From someone who usually stays at Hilton Hotels, this was a welcome change, and we will definitely be looking for this chain again. We were attending a show at The Symphony Hall, and chose this hotel because it was next door. There was only one member of staff on reception (Robert) who (although looked our way) totally ignored us, but then Renata arrived and was absolutely charming. The room was clean and comfortable, as was the bed. We upgraded to a Regency Club room and the service was excellent. The woman looking after the breakfast there in the morning actually offered to soften my butter to make it easier to spread!
Another reviewer has mentioned that although a code is given for free WiFi, there is a charge of £10. This IS NOT TRUE. Once the code has been entered, there is simply no charge, unlike the Hilton chain who charge £14.99 per day!
I can't comment on the hotel restaurant, as we ate out.

Room Tip: We were on the 23rd floor, and heard no noise from street level at all.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear User,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt as your preferred hotel in Birmingham.

I am glad to hear that we have accommodated you well especially the convenience we provide with our location. I will be more than happy to pass on your compliments to the members of staff who made you feel special on your stay. It is only through feedbacks such as yours that we are able to continue to provide an excellent service we promise.

We hope to be welcoming you again in the near future and please do not hesiate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Very impressive best hotel in Birmingham by far. Most of the rooms have been refurbished (shame they used grey for the hallways makes them look dreary)

Just a tip would be great if they could give out more bed linen as it was quite cold in the room despite the heating on full

Otherwise excellent

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear User,

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt as your preferred hotel in Birmingham.

I am pleased to hear that you were impressed. We make sure that value for money is provided to our customers to be able to build a good relationship.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again. If i can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here while in town for the Photography Show in the NEC. Its a great location but that's about it. Reception staff are false and abrupt. When we went to the spa to enquire about availability we made made to feel like idiots. The beds are uncomfortable, we both had sore backs for 2 days while there. They give you a WiFi code with your room key but fail to tell you that you hwill be charged £10 if you use it. The restaurant is awful. No atmosphere at all. The food is terrible and horrendously over priced, even if the food had of been good. We were looked down at by the lady on the breakfast shift which by the way cost us £36. For 2 full English breakfasts which were mediocre at best!! We'll definitely not stay here again and don't recommend it

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Nicola K

Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time of sharing the experience you have received.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment when you stayed in our hotel. It is only through feedbacks such as yours that we are able to improve the quality of service that is expected from us. I can assure you that your comments are not overlooked but in fact are passed on to the Reception Manager and Food & Beverage Manager.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies and I hope that we will have another opportunity of welcoming you back in our hotel.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Generally very comfortable hotel - nice room, good bedding etc. Slightly disappointing in certain details: waitress in the bar who served our steaks (just the steaks - nothing else came!) was visibly taken aback when we enquired where the associated salad and chips were. (They were included on the menu° "That's all they gave me" she said! Sorted out by another staff member, but is it really believable that a waitress thinks a complete meal is just a piece of meat alone on a plate? But the ambiance in the bar was good.
Hotel is within easy walking access to the shopping centre and evening venues; Bit of a shame that the parking is just a public multistorey, and a short walk from the hotel.
Generally very clean hotel but glittery lipstick on wineglasses in minibar was a negative mark.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear User,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the service you have received. I have passed on your comments to our Food & Beverage Manager as it is only through feedbacks such as yours that we are able to improve on the quality of services we provide.

On another note, I am happy to hear that we made you feel comfortable on your stay.

We hope to have the opprtunity of welcoming you again in the near future and please let me know if i can be of any assistance.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Ive just came back from a 2 night break at the Hyatt. Check-in was a little bit slow which is a tad annoying when you've been travelling for several hours. Our room was exactly what my fiancee and i needed. It was big, spacious and had incredible views over Birmingham and the canal. I loved the bath, it was perfect after a long day on your feet. This hotel is ideal if you need a quick break but want something with a bit of luxury. I did not use the pool facilities but my other half said that they were very small and not ideal on a busy day. The only down fall was parking. The receptionist and door staff did not explain the procedure very well and we got very confused on how we got in and out of the car park ( if you've stayed here before you will understand what i mean). All in all it was a fab stay and would definitely stay again. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear User,

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt as your preferred hotel to stay in Birmingham.

I am sorry to hear about your experience upon arrival and carpark, please accept my sincere apologies on these matter, but glad to hear that our amenites catered you well and made your stay special.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future and please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.