“Superb stay at an excellent hotel”

Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Ranked #7 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had a superb stay here in a Regency Club room The room was not massive but was very nice with lovely views over the city. The Regency Club lounge was superb - great service from the friendly and enthusiastic Inge and Evelin, which more than made up for the rude elder dark haired lady who was working in there. The breakfast and canapes in the Lounge were superb and it was a comfy place to stay and admire the views down over Brindley Place and the NIA. We used to be fans of Malmaison in Brum - but never again. They have gone downhill fast and the Hyatt is on a different level for quality and value altogether. Will be even better once the current refurbishment is complete.

Room Tip: A city view is excellent
3  Thank bathpair
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us, specifically the use of our Regency Club facility. It is only through feedbacks such as your that we are able to deliver consistency in our services. I will be glad to pass on your regards to our dedicated member of staff, who I am sure they will be please to hear of your compliments.

Again, thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred hotel to stay in Birmingham. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in future.

Best Regards,
Dominik Strobel

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I love this hotel. Really central & handy for the Symphony Hall where we were seeing a show & the great restaurants & shops an easy stroll away.
Booked an executive lounge access room on the 22nd floor, ensuring fabulous views & less noise from the Saturday night Broad Street revellers. you also get complimentary drinks & a continental breakfast.
The friendly concierge guys, even let me park my car outside instead of be going to the NCP. Great service in luxury, element surroundings.

4  Thank Leedsaway67
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt as your preferred hotel to stay in Birmingham.

I am pleased to hear that our facilities has catered you well. It is our promise to make our guest feel not only comfortable but also special. I will be glad to passed on your compliments to our Concierge team who I am sure will be pleased to hear your regards.

Again, thank you and we will look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed here for a conference recently and was really pleased with this hotel.

Positives: attentive friendly staff (Christos who checked me in was friendly and polite). The room I stayed in was spacious, quiet with great views and had been recently refurbished. The symphony ballroom is a good venue for meetings. Catering was excellent.
The pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna were all lovely. Perhaps not the best pool to take small children to as there is no shallow end.
You can't get a better location in Birmingham, very central.

Negatives: not many. Parking is not on site. It is 5 minutes walk from Arena Central. There was plenty of space but the spaces are tight and if you are paying yourself it's not cheap (£13.50 per day).
A recent review disputed that there is no free WIFI. Well, to put the matter straight, it is NOT free. The company who was paying for my stay paid for it so I don't know how much it was but in this era, it ought to be complimentary! Finally, bottled water was £2.75 per bottle, come on Hyatt, is that really necessary?

Overall a great hotel with some minor niggles.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Omar K

Dear User,

Thank you for taking you time on writing the experience you have received in our hotel.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with the Internet Service. Our corporate office has introduced a new standard regarding our Internet. We are expecting the new Internet Services to take effect within the upcoming month.our Internet. I hope you will consider this as an isolated experience.

It will be my pleasure to pass on your compliments to our dedicated members of staff, I am sure they will be pleased to hear of your regards.

Again, thank you for choosing Hyatt as your preferred hotel to stay in Birmingham. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I cannot fathom how I can go to my conference centre, two local pubs and two local restaurants who all give me free wifi yet the hotel wants to charge me 5.99 per hour. This immediately relegates them to budget category despite charging well over £100 b&b. so that's one star down. I am not sure why I have a room with a communicating door to the next, eliminating sound proofing. When I came back last night I heard every word of a phone conversation next door and I was awakened when my neighbour got up at 5.45. This may be a clean, conveniently located modern hotel but as a business traveller I want a good nights sleep and free internet and this provided neither.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank aussijerseytraveller
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel is the best in Birmingham by far, right from our first encounter with the staff at the door to our departure the following day, every person at this hotel is polite, friendly and welcoming. From outside this hotel looks great which is why me and my partner decided to stay there. The staff assisting with the luggage and parking on the door are so very lovely and helpful. The lady who checked us in on reception (think her name was Rosia) was very nice and made sure our check-in process was quick and easy even thought we had arrived before 3pm.

Our room was not ready right away so we sat in the entrance and watched the Chelsea Football team as they were passing through! Shortly our room was ready, as we were going up to the 23rd floor in the elevator, we could see the outside which was great seeing the view as we went higher up. The room was gorgeous, clean, modern, and the view was great! We had access to the regency club which we didn't get a chance to use but we popped in at the staff in it were great, welcoming and helpful.

We visited the bar too which had reasonable prices and had a nice ambiance. The following morning we checked out at 12pm which did not take long and then left our luggage with the doormen while we went around town a little longer. I would definitely recommend this hotel to people, it was most pleasant to be greeted in a lovely manner by every single member of staff at this hotel. Myself and my partner will definitely be visiting again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room quite high as the views are great.

Dear User,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt as your preferred hotel to stay in Birmingham.

I am pleased to hear that you have found our dedicated members of staff welcoming and helpful, I am sure they will be glad to hear your regards and I will certainly pass on your compliments to them. It is through feedbacks such as yours that we are able to keep the promise that "we provide an excellent service".

Again, thank you and we are looking forward to your next visit in our hotel.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed with my partner in room 1104 and the view was so stunning from the top. Front office manager Salman was so humble and helpful, I felt really pampered. The reception staff were all friendly and helpful. And the club lounge was very quiet and cozy. The location was so perfect that we only had to walk the whole time we were in Birmingham. Lastly but not leastly Spa facilities were pretty good although the receptionists in Spa could be a little more friendlier. All in all an excellent experience and would definitely visit again and again.

Dear User,

Thank you for taking your time on writing the experience you have received in our hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you felt welcomed by our dedicated members of staff, I will be glad to pass on your compliments to them. It is only through feedbacks such as yours that we are able to continue providing an exceptional service.

Again, thank you for choosing Hyatt as your preferred hotel to stay in Birmingham, we will definitely look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The Hotel was excellent, this is the seventh time we have stayed there and it has always
been the same. The Doorman is Excellent, as is the breakfast and the service.
My only complaint is the distance the car park is from the hotel.

Dear User,

Thank you for taking your time on writing your feedback from you stay.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with the carpark distance from our hotel and I hope that you will continue looking at this as an isolated experience.

On another note, I am pleased to hear that we have not failed to deliver consistency in our services. I will pass on your compliments to our dedicated members of staff who I am sure will be pleased to hear of your regards.

We will look forward to your next visit in Hyatt Regency Birmingham.