“Great price for good hotel”

Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Ranked #7 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed a night while at a conference at ICC. Very well furnished room, liked canal view. Good bed. Connection to ICC not really worth using, as takes you to an upper level, and need to ring at for to get through. Easier to walk across road.

Very comfortable place to stay, and internet deal was cheaper than many budget hotels in area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for taking your time to comment from your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that we have accommodated you well, made you feel comfortable while you were in our hotel. It is only through feedbacks such as yours that we are able to continue and improve with our services where necessary.

Again, thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred hotel to stay in Birmingham.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,253)

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This hotel is very nice with great views of the city, fruit in the room was a nice touch and I would stay again, service at breakfast was a little slow but did not stop like the WIFI kept doing. Don't bother paying the £9.99 for internet send a letter its quicker. That said its a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Go High the higher the better great views of Birmingham
1  Thank Martin G

Dear User,

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies of your disappointment with the WiFi service and I hope you will treat this as an isolated experience.

I am pleased to hear that we made you feel welcome and it is our pleasure to have you again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency recently for 5 nights during a conference at the ICC/NIA. Important to note that the ICC is connected to the Hyatt. The NIA where much of the events I was attending is NOT connected to the Hyatt. But, that being said it was an easy walk to the NIA - albeit a bit in the rain.

Check in was quick and easy. Rooms were acceptable with the amenities one needs to staying a while. Enough drawers and storage for one person. Iron-hair dryer-coffee-mini bar. All was fine. Nice size bed which is not always the case in Europe when one is used to staying in a US hotel room.

Food here is fine. I like that the restaurant has some fixed price options for lunch and dinner. Breakfast buffet is 17.75 GBP so ok for that but if you have time there are many options locally just down the street for better prices.

Great location within easy walks to the canals, numerous restaurants, clubs, etc. I had no problems with wandering the area alone to grab a bite.

Had a couple drinks in the bar and that was fine.

Room service was timely and hot when delivered. Interesting to note that the breakfast buffet and room service breakfast were the same price. Not the same option in US hotels. Too many charges added already to the bill.

Had laundry done once and even though it went in late (after 9 AM) came back same day as sent.

Overall, nice hotel to stay at with good service in a central location. If it worked out, I would stay here again if in Birmingham.

Dear User,

Thank you for taking your time of providing feedback from your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that you found our location and the amenities we offer convenient. It is only through personal views such as yours that we are able to continue meeting our customers expectations and satisfactions.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again in the near future and please let me know if I can assist any further.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

This is the third time we have stayed at the Hyatt and the room was as lovely as ever. Spotlessly clean, great views over the city and luxurious surroundings.
However, I was thoroughly disappointed with the service. When we tried to book in they had booked the room for 5th of May and not the 5th of April so it took longer to book in and we tried to order room service on three occasions and got an answering machine. Not happy :(

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela C

Dear User,

Thank you for taking your time in providing us comments from your recent stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the experience you have encountered and I hope you will treat this as an isolated experience. Please be assured that I have pass this on to our Food and Beverage Manager and Reservations Manager as it is only through feedbacks such as yours that we are able to evaluate and improve where necessary.

Again, thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred hotel to stay in Birmingham and please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the near future.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I had to book a last minute stay at the Hyatt Regency as I had accidentally booked a night at the Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham for the wrong night. Unfortunately or should I say fortunately I was able to book last minute at the Hyatt. Its funny to note that when I got to the Hyatt, they said they were fully booked and had not received my Expedia booking yet,. Anyway after producing my email confirmation a room was found for me.

Very nice welcoming Concierge at the entrance who offered to take my luggage.

Room was good, comfortable and newly refurbished.The food I ordered steak and Mash with crumble and ice cream dessert! Have to say this was the best hotel meal that I had, had in a long time. I think the crumble was actaully made by the chef rather than pre-packaged. Nice touch.

The only slight downer to my stay was that the alarm went off in the middle of the night. Not sure if it was a test or actual alarm. we went out of our rooms heading for the emergency exit. Other Guests were dazed too and not sure if the alarm was real or not. There was no Fire wardens to direct us and even after the alarm was switched off, we got no notification as to why the alarm went off or any notification of the alarm being a planned drill.

Gym was great! was glad they had a rowing machine and even a kettle Bell which most small hotel gyms don't have.

Dear User,

Thank you for taking your time to commnet on your recent stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the encounter you have had from the emergency alarm and I hope you will treat this as an isolated experience.

I would also like to thank you for your kind regards of our hotel facilities. It will be my pleasure to pass this on to our dedicated member of staff, especially the concierge who made you feel welcome upon your arrival.

We hope to have the opportunity again of welcoming you in the near future and please let me know if I can assist you any further.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Recently booked the Hyatt to host our wedding vow renewal. From beginning to end the staff were so helpful, nothing was too much trouble and the day was amazing, food was beautifully presented and delicious and all of our guests gushed over the day. We stayed over in a standard room, nice high floor with floor to ceiling window overlooking centenary square. Only mar was noisy neighbours having a very loud row at 1am but after a call to reception security were up in minutes! Decent breakfast the next day too. Just love the afternoon tea at this venue, it's amazing and the best in Birmingham. Can't thank the hotel staff enough for such a wonderful weekend !

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear User,

Thank you for taking you time to comment on your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that we have accommodated you well and your level of expectations were also met. It is our pleasure to provide you with an excellent service and rest assured that your compliments will be passed on to our dedicated member of staff who made your stay memorable.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We booked the Hyatt as we were going to a concert at the Symphony Hall. It's so easy to cross the bridge from the hotel into the concert venue, without having to venture out in the cold and rain.

Check-in was quick and efficient, with a friendly welcome and some useful information.

Due to arriving late, we decided to have a meal in the restaurant, which was remarkably quiet for a Friday evening. The food was served quickly and was of good quality, but the same quality can be found in many of the restaurants around Birmingham at a much lower price.

We were on the 11th floor with a city view. The room was clean and well appointed, as you would expect. The heating/air con had a bit of a life of its own though - it seemed to keep wanting to warm us up rather than cool us down.

Breakfast is a self-serve buffet. There's plenty to choose from, but there's nothing special about the food that's served. Again, we ate there more out of convenience, so you may want to consider an alternative.

Overall, the hotel is what you would expect for the price and location, but there are plenty of alternatives nearby.

Room Tip: Go high to get a full appreciation of the view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple