“amazing room shame about the bacon ”

Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Ranked #7 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

The room was lovely and all the staff were very attentive but the only issue was we paid £10 each for breakfast and the bacon had a horrible smell and we prefer out scrambled eggs more cooked but would def go there again and stay longer next time.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for the lovely comments, i will make sure to pass on your compliments to our staff. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with the breakfast, i can assure you that your comments are passed on to our Head Chef.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

From check in to check out this hotel was fantastic. We stayed in a Club room on 23rd floor. Floor to ceiling windows gave a great view of the city. The room was slightly larger than a standard room and had a king size bed, desk and relaxing chair. The bed was extremely comfortable. The room was very clean we had robes and slippers we could use.
The Club room was lovely offering another excellent view of Birmingham. Great refreshments in the day and we had canapés and wine in the evening before our night out.
The pool area was relaxing and the changing rooms were very clean.
All the staff we encountered here were very friendly and helpful especially on reception and in the Club room. Couldn't fault them at all.
Would definitely recommend this hotel and would be very happy to stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank holidaygirl97

Dear User,

Thank you for the great feedback! I will make sure the staff are aware of your compliments. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I met up with a friend from my home town for a weekend away and we stayed here. It is a fab location close to town and close to the night life. The staff are friendly and the room was clean and we'll furnished. We had access to the regency club which was a lovely way to start the evening with free drinks and canapés before going out. We spent a lot of time in the hotel bar where again staff were chatty and friendly. Breakfast the next morning was also tasty with lots of choice of food and drink. I would recommend and stay again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear User,

Thank you for the compliments! I look forwar to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We found the hotel room was a bit dated and tired in areas, comparing the price to be more expensive at the time to Mal Maison and Hotel Indigo I would rather stay there, The Hotel bar and late bar was great after a night out just the rooms let it down.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear User,

Thank you for your feedback.

We realize that our property is ready to refresh and refurbishment is an ongoing project ready to finish before the end of this year.

I hope you will consider another visit so you can experience and enjoy the much vibrant look and atmosphere we are aiming for.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Second vist to this hotel. Since last visit bedrooms have been renovated so rooms are fresh and well equipped. Bedrooms are large with panoramic views - we prefer the views overlooking the canals.
Public areas of the hotel are very nice and the atmosphere is of relaxed sophistication.
Breakfast offers a good range of food though some items in the hot buffet (scrambled eggs) could have been warmer.
This hotel is right in the heart of the city and is ideal if attending in the international conference centre

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear User,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am glad to hear the renovated rooms pleased you well. I look forward to welcoming you back again to the hotel!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I picked this hotel for a girls reunion in Birmingham over 2 nights. It was amazing. Staff were friendly checking us in, the room was so clean and modern. We had an amazing view over Birmingham. We were so close to all the bars and restaurants. The bed was extremely comfy, I slept so well. The room had toiletries, towels, slippers, dressing gown, iron and hair dryer. More than you expected, and adds that nice little touch.

The bar in the hotel is also very nice. Overall my experience was perfect. I would certainly stay at a Hyatt hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for the great review. I am please to hear your visit to our hotel went well! I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Reading the reviews, this hotel seems to have very variable quality. For my own part, I would say that the facilities are excellent but the staff are seriously undertrained. My company booked my room and despite the hotel agreeing that all charges including extras were to be sent to the company they insisted on taking a personal credit card.
Dinner was a shambles. The starter had not arrived when the main course appeared, then they tried to charge for a bottle of wine rather than a glass. The dessert took an age to come and coffee never appeared at all. Breakfast was no better - the eggs were rubbery and the coffee was cold, and I had to find a waiter to get that.
Checkout was slow because a gentleman in front of me was arguing that he had been charged at a different rate to his confirmation. The manager who was called was very dismissive and tried to argue that even a confirmation from the hotel does not guarantee a room rate. Maybe it doesn't at Hyatt, but I'd venture to say that was an unusual approach.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CrinklyTraveller

Dear User,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your better expectations, please accept my sincere apologies. Our guest comments are welcome and I have passed this on to our Food and Beverage Manager. We are always trying for different approach to better our services and provide what is promised by us.

I hope to have another opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel.