“Brilliant”

Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Ranked #7 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We were exceptionally happy with our experience. Views were amazing and the room was soundproof! Rooms were nicely interiored and made you feel at home. Was presented is a simple but uet sophisticated manner.
Would definitely go there again!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,330)

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel has large bedrooms and great facilities. The views from the top floors are great but a bit scary if you don't like heights as the windows start at the floor.
A good breakfast and helpful staff.
It was in a great location for theatre and restaurants.
Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: On a high floor for the view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jane M
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had a lovely stay at the Birmingham Hyatt hotel! Staff were very attentive and friendly as well as lovely housekeeping, getting us extra dressing gowns when needed (many times!) and not just doing the usual tidying up but organising our items so neatly and generously.
We had the buffet breakfast with a great choice and very satisfying.

The basement of the hotel holds the amla spa which we booked in advance and were treated to facials and back massages which were AMAZING! I personally recommend anyone who is in need of a spa treat to visit. Lovely staff! One of my friends fell asleep while doing her back massage and the lady was so sweet to leave her resting while she woke in her own time.

The concierge were are favourite! While we waited for cabs to town they always kept us laughing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for such a great feedback! I will pass on your compliments to our dedicated members of staff who has done their utmost to help you celebrate such a special occassion.

I hope that you will continue choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times, usually when attending a concert at the Symphony Hall as the bridge link is very useful. Check in was quick and efficient and I was offered a choice of city or canal view, I went for the canal!! We were eating early due to going to a concert and the service in the Aria restaurant was excellent as was the food, I had previously ordered a chilled bottle of champagne to be at the table as it was for a special occasion and all was in order when we arrived. After the concert we wound down in the bar and again the service was excellent. We were really looking forward to the breakfast the next day due to past experiences but I have to say that was what wasn't quite as expected and I think we suffered because on this occasion the hotel wasn't as busy as on our previous visits. Usually I would say in busy hotels that they can't keep up with the items needed in the hot buffet but we suffered from it not being busy and so items were on the cold side due to sitting around for too long. However this hasn't put me off using the Hyatt and it is still my hotel of choice if using the Symphony Hall.

Room Tip: Canal side is nice view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience with our Hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for not having met your expectations with the quality of breakfast when you have last stayed. I have passed on your comments to our Head Chef to ensure that the quality of food and its consistency does not fail again.

On another note, I would like to thank you for your kind words. It is always a pleasure to know that our members of staff does not fail to deliver the quality of service we have promised to provide.

Thank you again for choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Attended a conference in the Icc and stayed here for 2 nights. Staff very polite and professional. Room large, well equipped and quiet which is brilliant in the city centre.
Had room service and it was great value too.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for your feedback, rest assured that I will pass your compliments to our members of staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel twice now and not been disappointed on either occasion. The rooms are well appointed and high standard. The best thing about this hotel are the views.. It doesn't matter which room you take, the full height windows look out over the city with lovely views. With the city centre less than 5 minutes walk away, if you're looking for a central location hotel you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear User,

Thank you for your great feedback. It's nice to hear that you are continuing to choose Hyatt Regency as your preferred hotel to stay in Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here for one night in early June on business, only for one night.

There is almost no onsite parking, and you have to park at the Arena car park down the road, about a 4 minute walk, slightly uphill, with cobbles along the way. Not great if you are dragging a suitcase. Parking is about £13/day.

The entrance lobby and check in desks look nice, the check in desk is obscured by a huge pillar, which is a bit odd.

I had a room on the 5th floor, very low down, and it was a standard room. It was very nicely appointed, the toiletries in the bathroom are ok, nothing amazing, but there was 2 bathrobes, slippers, room safe, big TV etc. NO free wifi though.

We didn't eat here but used the bar that night which seemed nice.

Breakfast however was a bit of a joke. I was down quite early and there was plenty of empty tables, but the chap running the front desk tried to insist on ushering me to a table not of my choice. It took him a while to understand I would like to pick for myself.

The hot food wasn't great, the scrambled eggs smelt off, nobody was eating them after having chosen them and they looked grey.The bacon was quite dried out, the mushrooms were awful and the tomatoes uncooked. The sausages were very nice though. I had to ask for someone to bring coffee, despite plenty of staff they didn't seem very attentive, in my view that should be the first thing they ask you.

Overall, a nice hotel, especially for birmingham, but the breakfast was NOT worth £17.50, a total rip off. Pop over the road for a Costa breakfast for less than half the money.

Room Tip: Don't pay for breakfast, go out instead.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AdamWUK
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your better expectations from your last stay, please accept my sincere apologies. Your comments are welcome and I have shared this with our Head Chef and Food and Beverage Manager. We have also recently introduce our free WiFi to which details are obtainable from our reception and I am sorry to that this option was not offered to you.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel.