“A fantastic hotel”

Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Ranked #7 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stopped at the Hyatt Regency in July 2014 for the weekend and had a fantastic time there. The rooms are extremely clean, the hotel staff are very pleasant and always go out of their way to help, the position of the hotel is perfect, the food served there is absolutely gorgeous (as is the dining area), the parking isn't a problem as with some other hotels as they have a deal with a secure indoor car park about 2 mins walk away. The internet speed in the room was very impressive! I honestly can't praise this place enough and can't wait to return, 10/10

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Phil,

Thank you for your compliments! I am pleased to hear that the staff provided such excellent customer service. It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with the team. We have very dedicated members of staff here who will be pleased to know their efforts have been recognised.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. I look forwad to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,299)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Excellent first class hotel Large comfortable well designed rooms Friendly service Good breakfast with food on order fresh eggs and porridge Would return any time Parking very good with help from the staff

Room Tip: High level prefered
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Leonard,

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us, from service to our selection of breakfast.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed one night on 12 July 2014 Excellent hotel situated right by the ICC and Symphony Hall.with a bridge taking you directly across without going outside . We Checked in early which was quick and smooth. Although very busy on checkout this was also done smoothly without any delay. The room was large with superb views over the city .Had a problem with the kettle not working but within 10 mins of speaking to housekeeping a new one was delivered excellent service. Would certainly recommend this hotel and would stay again. Good value for money

Room Tip: rooms higher up have excellent views of either the city or canal
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear User,

Thank you for your excellent feedback! I am pleased to hear our location provided you convenience, and our services has catered you well. Rest assured your compliments will be passed on to the dedicated members of staff who will be delighted to hear of your regards.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here last week (July 2014) and found the hotel to be above expectations. Room was nice (one of the refurbed) breakfast was very good and ample choice for the money - it was also very good quality - which is rare these days in the chains. Parking was not brilliant and at £13.50 would have been expensive if I had been paying myself. The did on this occasion valet park the car at the front which helped. The bars below can be a little noisy on the canal side, so if you are a very light sleeper take ear plugs. Otherwise this please is excellent.

Room Tip: Higher floors, worth paying for breakfast and wi-fi to get free upgrade
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at the Hyatt Regency Birmingham . We do our utmost to ensure we exceed our guest expectations, making your experience with us worth remembering.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed in Hyatt for conference. Very nice rooms,very good breakfast! Convention centre ICC is really a plus. Located near restaurants and pubs etc...Hyatt is expensive but you get quality for the price.

Room Tip: 17th floor room 1709
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear User,

Thank you for the great comments. We take pride with the services, facilities and our location's convenience, which is why I am pleased to hear that your visit to the Hyatt Regency Birmingham has brought you comfort.

I hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed for my sons birthday weekend. The staff could not do enough to feel welcome and happy. The hotel always has a lovely atmosphere and the breakfast is great. This is our first choice hotel when in Birmingham and our escape hotel when we need a getaway. Always great.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank M H

Dear User,

Thank you for such a great feedback! I am delighted to hear that we have been consistent with the services you have experienced each time you visit. It will be my pleasure to pass on your wonderful comments to our dedicated members of staff who I am sure will be happy to hear that their efforts are noticed.

Thank you for always choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. I look forward to your next visit to the Hotel.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have visited the restaurant at the Hyatt for afternoon tea, with a large group.

I have to say, at the £19 price tag per person, I expected something a bit more special than what we got. Yes, the sandwiches and cakes were nice enough, but nothing felt 4 star at all. Not to mention the bottle of water we had on our table - it must have been there for a long time without getting changed as it tasted absolutely disgusting - it was warm and smelt and tasted of chlorine.
The scones were also nice, but I have had better in Stratford for the fraction of the price.
The restaurant itself could do with a refurb - the carpet especially was worn, dirty and not up to a 4 star standard.
From the staff nobody came over to check if everything was ok - they asked once while we were paying. And also, while 2 people took our tea/coffee orders, only 1 waitress served us our drinks - it was 15 of us. She looked extremely ran off her feet.
So while I again stress the food was nice, the entire experience didn`t feel special at all - it was only made special by the company of lovely ladies I enjoyed the afternoon with.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear User,

Thank you for taking your time on writing feedback of your last visit. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with the quality of service you and your group has experienced, please accept my sincere apologies. I have discussed your comments with our F&B Manager and an action plan is created to ensure such situation does not reoccur.

We realised our restaurant is in need of refreshing, this is why we have committed to a refurbishment project, ready to be completed before the end of this year.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred place to have your afternoon tea. I hope to have the opprtunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel so you can enjoy the new facilities and atmosphere we are aiming to provide.