“Fabulous stay!!”

Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Ranked #7 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I have to recommend this hotel! When you are looking for a place that has it all, stay here. Very stylish, modern and comfortable. Stepping out of the hotel you have tons of dinning options. Symphony hall is just a few steps away. A taxi from the airport will cost you about 28 pounds or 30 if using a credit card. This hotel has the fastest WiFi of any hotel I have ever stayed at!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit to Hyatt Regency Birmingham. It is a pleasure to hear you had a fabulous stay. We do our best to ensure our guests such as yourself have a memorable experience when staying with us. I hope to welcome you back in the future and for you to experience our newly refurbished Gentleman & Scholar Bistro & Pub due to open before the end of September.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,299)

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in June for a birthday celebration the room was really nice the views were beautiful especially in the night staff were really good but the beds were really uncomfortable. As soon as I fell asleep at 6.30 We was awoken by builders working in the room opposite us I was disappointed that nobody had seemed to tell us about that on arrival would have appreciated being told that there will be a racket. So I had been cranky all day after. At checking out receptionist asked how was the stay I did tell her about the noise that awoke me she said I'm sorry about the noise with no explanation to why there was a racket at that time and why they couldn't start the work when guests have checked out. Other than that experience was average.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Hyatt Regency Birmingham.

I am sorry to hear of your dissapointment regarding the comfortability of the bed. We have now reached the final stages of the rooms refurbishment project which includes renewing the beds. I sincerely apologise for the disruption caused by the renovation work, I have passed your comments to the Project Manager and the Front Desk Manager to investigate the matter and ensure we minimise the discomfort caused to our guests.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Birmingham as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I've stayed here before so know the sizes of the rooms upstairs on the higher levels and had a lovely experience then but this was 10 years ago. We booked a room for 3 but when we arrived it was actually a room for 2 and the extra bed would be delivered. If you are paying for 3 adults then you would expect 3 adult beds. No, there was one child's bed put in when we left the hotel to go out which meant you could hardly swing a cat in there the next day. Towels were only catered for 2. We had to call for them which took half an hour to come. They said there was nothing they could do about the room and they were all the same size?? (they are not because two of us have stayed before) but we could, after coming back to the hotel at 2am to see the bed that had been put in, leave and go and find a new hotel?? In the end we got a free breakfast but it totally spoiled what was meant to be my friend's hen night. Oh and they don't wash the glasses in the bar clearly because my drink arrived with lipstick stains all over it. They did however give me a free drink to compensate. The only person who I would give credit to was the lovely doorman who was helpful to everyone

Room Tip: Don't choose the lower floors if you want space and there are more than two of you
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Lesley,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Birmingham.

I am sorry to hear of your disapointment regarding the quality of the customer service you have experienced while staying at the Hotel. This is not what our guests have come to expect when visiting the Hyatt, please accept my sincere apologies.

I have discussed the issues you have come to face with the relevant Managers to ensure we do not fail to meet our guests expectations.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as you prefered hotel in Birmingham and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Dominik,

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed on the 21st floor which had amazing views across Birmingham to the central library the rotunda etc. the room was lovely clean, with a lot of room and all of the amenities you could need.

We also went for a swim in the pool which was lovely with a jacuzzi I think there was a steam room and a sauna as well but I did not use those. The service throughout our stay was fantastic too.

We didn't have dinner here but we had dessert which was fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Birmingham.

I am delighted to hear you had a great experience at the hotel, from the facilities we offer to the hospitality our staff has extended. It will be my pleasure to pass on your comments to the team.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night on August 2014. The hotel is superb. We asked for a high floor and had great pnoramic views from the 17th floor. The service of the staff at reception was second to none. The room and the bathroom were nice and clean. We also had a chance to go the "Gentlemen and Scholar" bar, which has a nice surrounding and great drinks (not cheap though - what do you expect, it's a hotel bar !)
Overall the stay was brilliant and we will definitely be back. The only one issue is that they share a car park down the road (Athena car park) - which is a pain if you have luggae as it's a small walking distance but uphill and not easy. So, if you do have a lots of bags, the hotel has a shuttle service to and from the 10 min walk car park, so would advise to use it if required.

Room Tip: Parking is close by, but still a pain - especially if you experience british weather.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chaudry-J
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear User,

It is a pleasure to hear you had another fantastic stay, from the service provided by the front desk staff to our newly refurbished Gentleman & Scholar bar. It will be my pleasure to pass on your comments to the team who I am sure will be delighted to hear of your compliments.

Thank you for continuously choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. I look forward to your next return to the Hotel.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My fiancé and I arrived and was greeted by welcoming staff on the main entrance.
Reception staff were very polite, helpful and efficient.
We stayed on a summer in the city booking and was credited with £40 to spend in the bar or on food. There was also free internet with this package which was a bonus.
The room was very modern and clean we stayed on the 15th floor and got great views of the city.
After a long days shopping we headed to the Spa and pool to relax which is lovely for unwinding.
The hotels location is excellent it's on Broad street opposite the symphony hall. The Bull ring is about 10 minute walk.
I would highly recommend this hotel for a good nights sleep.
Thank you for a great stay to all the staff

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason H

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your very kind feedback. I am pleased to hear that we have welcomed you in a very hospitable manner and that our facilities have offered a lovely experience. It will be my pleasure to pass on your comments to the team who I am sure will be delighted to hear them.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Birmingham as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I chose this hotel because of its spa facilities (few and far between in B'ham). Heavy rain, and just a 1-night stay meant relaxation was order of the day. Check-in was efficient, and staff of an international 5-star standard. Their local knowledge was much appreciated. Room was spacious, clean and well-equipped. Large, comfy beds. Unable to open windows, so reliant on AC. Modern bathroom was smart and capacious. Large pool, with jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. Newspapers provided in the pool area. Could have done with more loungers/chairs - this area gets busy in the evenings.

The little (but important things):
- Hairdryer was one of the best I've used at a hotel. Proper hairdryer, v rare!
- There's a built-in TV in the sauna. Never seen that before, so kudos for originality
- Bathroom toiletries were of a disappointing quality for a major hotel
- Spa changing rooms looked like they weren't being regularly checked and cleaned. Towels everywhere and a dirty floor sadly let it down

All in all, great for a city stay if you also want the chance to unwind in the evening. A new champagne bar had just opened and looked super. Staff very friendly, and a late check-out time (12pm) is always a bonus. The Hyatt name should reassure you that you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WingAndAPrayer10

Dear User,

I am sorry to hear of your dissapointment regarding the Spa facilities. I have passed your comment to the Spa Manager to investigate the matter you have mentioned and i hope you find this as an isolated experience. I am however delighted that this has not affected your stay and you had a pleasant visit. It is allways a pleasure to hear compliments from our guests, I will be happy to pass them to our team who aim at continuously improving the experience we have promised to provide.
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Dominik,