“Basic City Centre Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Ranked #7 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed here for one night on business trip. Room very basic, shower and basin were blocked and not working when we arrived and nothing was done about it. Checked out the following morning but then discovered the hotel had charged my card twice for the stay. Unhelpful and surly staff at reception and bar. Not at all the standard I would expect from Hyatt group.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nandi64
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to write on your feedback of your visit to Hyatt Regency Birmingham. I am sorry to hear of your dissapointment with your stay.

This is certainly not what our guests have come to expect from Hyatt. I have shared your comments with the Front Desk Manager and the Engineering Manager to ensure we continually evaluate and improve the service we provide our guests. Regarding the rooms, they have been included in a refurbishment project due to finish before the end of this year.
I hope the misunderstanding with the payment has been resolved, if not, please contact the Front Desk Manager in hopes of resolving the issue.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as you preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Birmingham

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Great value for money. Location is perfect (city center, 10 minutes for railway station, good connection with airport). Rooms are perfect, lounge is great, staff is very nice and pro. Need to mention that the suite are amazing and the view is stunning. Good value for money for Diamonds with elite prices and upgrades. Bar is so so... but a lot of options in the area.

Room Tip: Suite at regency club floor are amazing. The view is stunning and they are huge. In-room Nespresso c...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. We take pride with the quality of the service we provide and the location and view our Hotel offers and it is a pleasure to hear you have enjoyed your experience with us. I am excited to let you know we have opened our newly refurbished Gentleman & Scholar Pub and I hope to welcome you back so you can experience it.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as your prefered Hotel to stay in Birmingham.I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

My sisters booked this as a treat for my birthday the three of us went and we had an amazing afternoon. The staff couldn't have been more helpful if they tried nothing was to much trouble our water glasses were filled without us even having to ask the food was lovely just tiny little bites but between the tiny sandwiches and cakes along with beautiful tea we had no room for the scons. It was a wonderful relaxing afternoon where we got to just sit drink beautiful different kinds of tea and enjoy each other's company. We have decided to make it a monthly thing from now on and I for one can not wait those salmon and cream cheese sandwiches were out of this world. Lovely hotel, lovely staff amazing day!!!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Claire,

Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our Afternoon Tea experience and you were well taken care of by our dedicated members of staff.

It will be my pleasure to pass on your comments to the Chef and the Food and Beverage Manager, who I am sure will be delighted to hear them.

Thank you for choosing to spend such a special occasion with Hyatt Regency Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I booked this for my wifes birthday, wanting somewhere between the bull ring and the restaurants off Broad Street. Check in was very fast and efficient, and we were given a free late check out, as it was my wifes birthday. A nice and pleasant surprise. The room was excellent, as was the service when we rang down to say that the kettle would not boil. A new one was with us within a minute! The gym looked very well equipped, and the relaxation area was also very inviting. The pool was a little too cold for my personal taste, but the sauna, Jacuzzi, and steam room were just right.
We decided to try the evening meal in the Hotel, and found both service and food to be of a high standard. The Hotel is going through some "updating", which meant that there was some signs of building work going on. But not too obvious. The restaurant has, for the moment, been moved into the atrium, but they have managed to make this feel "cosy", for want of a better word.
When the work is finished, I am sure that it will be even better. We are already planning our next stay in Birmingham, and found this excellent value for money, we will come back here.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the canal, as the view on the other side is not that appealing.

Dear User,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am delighted to hear the staff provided such excellent customer service and you enjoyed the facilities we offer. It will be my pleasure to pass on your comments to our dedicated members of staff who aim to create a memorable stay for each of our guests.

We are indeed currently undergoing a refurbishment project which is due to finish before the end of this year and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel so you can experience the atmosphere we aim to create.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Having stayed at this hotel for a number of years prior to 2010; I returned for the first time since leaving due to constant disappointment in the past to find a much much improved hotel; still undertaking some improvements as I write however this is a much improved hotel that I can now recommend to all once more

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CTHTravelUK

Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to write on your feedback of your recent stay. It is a pleasure to see that our team's efforts to continually improve the service we provide are being recognized. I will be delighted to pass on your comments. We are currently undergoing a refurbishment project due to finish before the end of this year and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel so you can enjoy the atmosphere we aim to create.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and I booked our wedding at the hotel and honeymoon night in the Junior Suite. We paid extra (£275) to book the Suite; for the spacious room and for access to the Club lounge (upon show around, we were told that this was ideal for newlyweds as it would include evening canapes and a private area for breakfast on the morning after the wedding).

However, no one told us that due to a (planned) refurbishment program, the Club Lounge was closed! So we didn't have the canapes or drinks, and had to have breakfast in a very busy dining area the morning after our wedding. Not the romantic start we had hoped for!

We were not informed about this prior to, or on check in, so we were very disappointed when we read about this in the room itself. When we spoke to the hotel staff on duty about it, they said all that they could do was aplogise for the inconvenience. No offer to bring breakfast to the room or any other practical solution.

Otherwise, the general hotel facilities and the staff are really excellent but on this occassion, we did pay a lot for a service we just didnt receive.

1  Thank skl521
Reviewed 18 August 2014

OK so its really not cheap but for a special occasion this is a great place to head for. This visit was for our Wedding Anniversary and everything was enjoyable. We asked for the highest floor possible and got the 20th floor which meant we had a great view over the city through the glass wall which makes up the front of the hotel room. Friendly and efficient staff too. We will return on the next special occasion.

Room Tip: Having stayed here a few times, it may be a difficult choice but we prefer the City view side.

Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to Hyatt Regency Birmingham and for choosing to stay with us on such a special occasion.

It is a pleasure to hear you had an enjoyable stay with our Hotel. We do our utmost to ensure we exceed our guest expectation, making your experience with us worth remembering.

Thank you for continually choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.