“Early check in, to this comfortable hotel”

Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Ranked #7 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Birmingham
“Early check in, to this comfortable hotel”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Arrived early, and was happy to find that we could check in early. Room was ready and I had requested high floor and a quiet room. The staff made sure this is what we had. Room was very clean and comfortable with incredible views across the city. Staff were very helpful. Only part that was a bit disappointing was the bar. We sat for over 20 minutes and was not served so we walked out! And the bar was no busy at this time, but this would not put me off staying in this hotel again, it's got a great location.

Room Tip: High floor room away from lifts.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay to our hotel. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the bar service.
This is certainly not what our guests have come to expect from Hyatt. I have shared your comments with the Food and Beverage Manager to ensure we continually evaluate and improve the service we provide our guests. It is a pleasure however to hear you had a comfortable stay and you enjoyed the facilities our hotel has to offer.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Alhaurin de la Torre, Spain
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Hotel with a great location for the Rep., Symphony Hall and the new library building. We had a high floor with great views. We were asked whether we preferred city or canal view and we chose the canal view. Room excellent just what you would expect with complimentary robe and slippers.

Swimming pool great for a good swim and spa facilities good.

The only drawback was the parking. Had I been on my own this would potentially have been a problem for me as I am disabled and the parking is quite a way from the hotel and on a hill. If you can find a parking meter then there is no charge with a disabled badge but it was weekend and there was a large wedding taking place so nothing was available.

Otherwise excellent. Room service was efficient and the food tasty.

Room Tip: The higher rooms have the better views and are, I believe, larger.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Dear Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to Hyatt Regency Birmingham. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, from the convenience of our location to the facilities the hotel has to offer.
Regarding the parking lot, i am sorry to hear of your disappointment. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle service to the Arena Central car park on Holliday Street from 7:00am to 11:00pm, on request.To request the shuttle from the car park to the hotel, please first drive to the hotel and contact the concierge, who will ask a driver to collect you from the Arena Central car park on Holliday Street.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the upcoming future.

Hereford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival at this hotel I was pleasantly surprise to find we could check into our rooms before the official check in time. We were only wanting to drop our bags to grab something for lunch. However I really struggled to open the room door initially but when I did, and it wasn't already occupied as I was fearing, I realised it was just a tricky latch.

The hotel is in a good location and has air con. It also has a spa but the lack of loungers (only 4) didn't really make for a relaxing afternoon as only one lounger and one chair were vacant for us to use. They provided towels which was great but the used towel bins were in the pool area and the spa reception area, not in the changing area?

The room was fine and the bed was big but the pillows were flat as a pancake! The toilet flush had obviously been repaired at some point as it had not been finished properly, and you had to lift the handle for it to work.

Having paid twice the price for one night as we would normally and with no breakfast included I wouldn't say that we would choose this hotel again, because of the lack of attention to the little details.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenna H
Dear Jenna,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit to our hotel. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are best able to direct our efforts. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Birmingham.

This is certainly not what our guests have come to expect from Hyatt. I have shared your comments with the relevant Managers to ensure we continually evaluate and improve the service we provide our guests. I hope you will consider this as an isolated experience.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Great location, Great pool and spa area, Great rooms. Just wish breakfast was included. There is a weatherspoons just round the corner though! Will definatel stay again, best hotel in the city centre.

Room Tip: Ask for canal view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Becky,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to Hyatt Regency Birmingham. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the breakfast. It is however a pleasure to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us, from our location to the facilities the hotel has to offer.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

kent
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed here for one night on business trip. Room very basic, shower and basin were blocked and not working when we arrived and nothing was done about it. Checked out the following morning but then discovered the hotel had charged my card twice for the stay. Unhelpful and surly staff at reception and bar. Not at all the standard I would expect from Hyatt group.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nandi64
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to write on your feedback of your visit to Hyatt Regency Birmingham. I am sorry to hear of your dissapointment with your stay.

This is certainly not what our guests have come to expect from Hyatt. I have shared your comments with the Front Desk Manager and the Engineering Manager to ensure we continually evaluate and improve the service we provide our guests. Regarding the rooms, they have been included in a refurbishment project due to finish before the end of this year.
I hope the misunderstanding with the payment has been resolved, if not, please contact the Front Desk Manager in hopes of resolving the issue.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as you preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Paris, France
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Great value for money. Location is perfect (city center, 10 minutes for railway station, good connection with airport). Rooms are perfect, lounge is great, staff is very nice and pro. Need to mention that the suite are amazing and the view is stunning. Good value for money for Diamonds with elite prices and upgrades. Bar is so so... but a lot of options in the area.

Room Tip: Suite at regency club floor are amazing. The view is stunning and they are huge. In-room Nespresso c...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. We take pride with the quality of the service we provide and the location and view our Hotel offers and it is a pleasure to hear you have enjoyed your experience with us. I am excited to let you know we have opened our newly refurbished Gentleman & Scholar Pub and I hope to welcome you back so you can experience it.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as your prefered Hotel to stay in Birmingham.I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

My sisters booked this as a treat for my birthday the three of us went and we had an amazing afternoon. The staff couldn't have been more helpful if they tried nothing was to much trouble our water glasses were filled without us even having to ask the food was lovely just tiny little bites but between the tiny sandwiches and cakes along with beautiful tea we had no room for the scons. It was a wonderful relaxing afternoon where we got to just sit drink beautiful different kinds of tea and enjoy each other's company. We have decided to make it a monthly thing from now on and I for one can not wait those salmon and cream cheese sandwiches were out of this world. Lovely hotel, lovely staff amazing day!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Claire,

Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our Afternoon Tea experience and you were well taken care of by our dedicated members of staff.

It will be my pleasure to pass on your comments to the Chef and the Food and Beverage Manager, who I am sure will be delighted to hear them.

Thank you for choosing to spend such a special occasion with Hyatt Regency Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.