“Fantasic Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Ranked #7 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 25 August 2009

I booked a romantic weekend away for my and my girlfriend (who is originally from Wolverhampton, so was more for the nostalgic touch) and spent some time trying to decide where to stay.

After some thought I finally booked the Hyatt hotel. Well I must say, it was one of the best choices I have made!

I have stayed in many luxury hotels with work, both here in the UK and abroad but very rarely have I come across such good service with a smile. From the moment we turned up, the porters were so friendly and helpful, explaining how things worked and if we wanted any help with our baggage. The reception desk, again, so friendly and warm, it was an utter pleasure to speak to them.

We had an evening meal on one of the nights and the food and service, both were of the highest standard you would expect, but even exceeded that with their sincerness whilst dealing with us.

The room was spacious and clean, with a wonderful view over the city.

The main reason why at first I was a little unsure of the hotel was after reading some of the poor reviews given. All I can say is these people must bonkers! In regards to the parking charges they obviously did not read the information on the website, or in their confirmation, which is quite clear there is a charge for parking. Yes, the car park is a good 5 minute walk, but me and my partner were offered a lift to the car park everytime, so I would say the hotel have this covered.

Bing close to all the local amenities was an excellant bonus, just a stone's throw away from the Water's Edge, with some very nice restuarants and sights.

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel, more than some 5 star hotels I have stayed in. Yes, it's not the cheapest, but you pay that bit extra for that little extra service and comfort. Thank you Hyatt, for providing me and my partner with the perfect romantic weekend break.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnnandCarl
hyatthotels, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2009

Dear Namara,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know we exceeded your expectations during your romantic weekend away with your girlfriend. It is always a pleasure to receive compliments from our guests. We have many dedicated staff who will appreciate their efforts being recognized.

From our bedrooms with the most amazing views to our award winning food & beverage service to our amala spa & club our hotel has something for everyone. As you said, our location is ideal to take advantage of all Birmingham has to offer.

We look forward to being your host next time your travels bring you to the area.

Tim Flodin

Write a ReviewReviews (3,246)

Reviewed 17 August 2009

This is our second stay here this year. This time stayed for my daughters 13th birthday. Had an adjoining room with iur 3 children. Both rooms where clean, large and very nice. concierge were really halpful as soon as we arrived putting balloons etc in the room before my children arrived. Hotel reception were really helpful. Children loved the pool. Had a great stay brilliant breakfast before our 2 days out. Clso to shopping centre, restaurants, bars and Cadburys world! Everyone that worked there was very helpful, pleasant and cheerful. Will definatly stay there again. Thanks Hyatt for a great base for a brilliant weekend we all enjoyed.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family

Dear leannew31,

Best wishes to the birthday girl!! Thank you for selecting the Hyatt for your celebration. I was pleased to hear our service standards, cleanliness and the quality of our food & beverage exceeded your expectations.

Location, location, location is ideal. As you said, we are close to shopping, restaurants, bars and Cadbury world!

We look forward to having you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2009

We stayed at the Hyatt for my staff party happening in Brindley Place down the road. This hotel makes you feel a million dollers from when you arrive till when you leave. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Our king room was on the 10th floor, I would have loved to have been higher but oh well, the view was still really intereting, especially at night. The hotel is spotless and smells so fresh. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in for a while. We used the swimming pool down under the hotel which was really nice. The only issue was the amount of kids jumping into the pool when there was signs saying no jumping. We had boked the hotel via there own website and got it for £71, without breakfast but when we arrived they gave us a voucher for a discounted breakfast so we took them up on the offer and it was really nice! The reception staff also extended our checkout to 2pm which was great, I don't know if this is a common occurance but it was still really nice.
It was such a shame that we only stayed one night, would love to go back...

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bjbarker

Dear Bjbarker,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel. We pride ourselves on exceeding guests expectations each time they visit.

I'm glad you found our location ideally situated to Brindley Place. However, it's also good to hear you took advantage of the many services and facilities we offer within our hotel such as our swimming pool, restaurants, etc.

We look forward to having you stay with us next time your travels bring you to the Birmingham area.

Regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2009

Everything you could want from a good class hotel, quiet, aircon, good service and vast range of breakfast offerings

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank jobberdave
hyatthotels, General Manaager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2009

Dear Bjbarker,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I was pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations.

Our hotel is a short walk to Brindley Place and other City Centre attractions so you selected the ideal hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel next time your travels bring you to BIrmingham.

Reviewed 4 August 2009

Everything about this hotel was excellent from the staff to the location. I had an brilliant weekend and my 3 year old loved it too. Would recommend this hotel to anyone and if you are lucky enough to be able to afford or get a complimentry upgarde the suites are wonderful! I have stayed at the Marriott previously and that hotel was great too but the Hyatt just has the edge.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank parasol

Dear parasol,

I was pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed our hotel. It sounds as though our location was convenient for you to take advantage of all Birmingham has to offer families - Cadbury World, Sealife Center, Brindley Place, Hippodrime, Bullring shopping Center, etc.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 28 July 2009

The hotel looks impressive from the outside and this is reflected inside too.The concierge knows his job in getting you parked up and once in the room you feel pampered. Very plush bedding. The hotal swimming pool spa and sauna are fab and the restaurant is very good too although pusddings could improve. The breakfast was fab with just a few little things a bit different to other hotels for instance freshly made raspberry coulis to drizzle onto your porridge and you order your eggs so you get them freshly cooked although they are not that fast.All in all a great place to stay in the city centre being opposite the symphony hall Nia and sealife centre and situated right on Broad street

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank loobylindy
Reviewed 22 July 2009

Stayed here for our wedding night last weekend. Booked via Booking.com £109 per room on a room only basis. Breakfast was an additional £15 each (continental)
Room service was useful, the hotel porter/doorman very efficient, reception cold, and uninviting!

Rooms were not (in my opinion)4* The speakers relaying the TV from the bedroom to the bathroom was unnecessary, and overly loud! no opening windows, and the air con was noisy. Bed was comfy though! Complimentary toiletries were nice, but nothing that isn't supplied by a 3* at half the price!

Great location, on broad street and almost opposite NIA, central for eating out, although was very busy in the bars etc.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
hyatthotels, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2009

Dear Ronniegreat,

Congratulations on your recent wedding! Thank you for making the Hyatt your hotel of choice for such a special occasion.

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know we did not exceed your expectations. It is only thorugh feedback such as yours that we are best able to direct our efforts.

We pride ourselves on exceeding our guests expectations. I would very much like the opportunity to discuss your experience at our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel by calling 0121 643 1234.

I look forward to having the opportunity to exceed your expectations on future visits to our hotel.