“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #102 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I stayed here with a friend as a search showed this was the best value hotel in the city centre. Very impressed with the room, decent size, plenty of tea/coffee - only a 15 minute walk from the station...my only minor criticism was despite requesting a twin room under the special instructions on the website used to book, we received a double room...other than that, it was a great stay!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 1 July 2012
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay here at the Copthorne Birmingham. I do hope that had we been made aware of the sleeping arrangements – that the front desk could have arranged a room move or an extra bed to be taken to your bedroom.

Your comments are very much appreciated by the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night and found all the staff very efficient,friendly and helpful.The staff in bar went the extra mile and gave some of our company shortbread because we all got this with our coffee and as some ordered coke it was to make them feel included(how nice).I had cause to complain when my bed was broken,this was fixed straight away and credit given with an apology with no quibble that is rare nowadays.The restaurant staff kept asking us if everything was fine and would we like anything else,which again very pleasant.I have not encountered such good staff in all depts in quite a while.

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent feedback online. We are happy to admit that sometimes things do go wrong and I’m happy to see that you were looked after with no excuses made. Our beds are all less than three months old – so we’ll be sending that one back!

The staff will be thrilled with your comments and we do hope to welcome you back soon. Thank you once again.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I was a bit concerned about having booked this hotel when I read some of the reviews on this site, but I needn't have worried. The public areas of the hotel are very smart and my room was really nice too. The staff were really great, so polite and helpful. The location of the hotel is also very good, extremely central. The one downside which comes with a city centre location is city centre noise - there was a lot of road noise in my second-floor room and I needed to wear earplugs. If I was being really picky I'd say that the communal areas on the upper floors were a bit tatty. But overall, really enjoyable.

Room Tip: I'd go for an upper-floor room for less road noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent feedback online. It was great to hear such a positive experience and to see that you weren’t put off by some of the more negative reviews online.

We continue to make improvements to our bedrooms and corridors. I do hope you are able to see the improvements on your next stay. Thank you once again.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I have stayed at the Copthorne Hotel 3 times for business and chose it as it is so well situated: close to the Conference centre and close to the town centre. The hotel needs upgrading however it is still comfortable and functional. Rooms are clean and breakfast is very good.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent feedback online. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive experiences and I would like to thank you for noting that you found your room to be both comfortable and clean.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon. Thank you once again.

Lancashire
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Bathroom had been rebodged rather than refurbished, 1970s tiles still insitu with more modern ones surrounding them. My shower curtain was so dirty and orange stained that I put it over the shower rod and would only bath. Just generally basic, tv old style and hairdryer basic.

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 1 July 2012
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay here at the Copthorne Birmingham. I was disappointed to hear you were left with negative feelings following your visit.

Our housekeeping team replace the shower curtains in our bedrooms each and every time a guest checks out. They are then machine washed and dried before being re used. I am concerned to note that you felt your shower curtain was discoloured and our Housekeeping Manager is aware so that she can try and pinpoint the bedroom in which you stayed.

Thank you once again for the time you have taken.

England
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Satyed here on business and it was good to be so close to the heart of Birmingham. Reception very welcoming but the rooms, as noted by others, are jaded and smelt quite musty (the sprayed air freshener heightened, rather than dulled, this). Clean enough though. Restaurant has an overwhelming odour of fried fish at night so we ate out. There is loads of choice nearby. Breakfast was fine - fairly avaerage hotel stuff rather than 4*. Hotel offers car parkjing which is a plus if you have to drive in Birmingham but the spaces are SO small that even if all guests had minis (and of course, they don't!) it would be difficult to park and avoid someone (or a piller!) catching your car.

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback online via Tripadvisor.co.uk. I was happy to hear such a balanced experience.

I note your comments relating to the damp smell in your room and would be interested to find out which bedroom you stayed in, so that I can investigate any further problems. Thank you however for noting that the room was clean and comfortable. We offer Continental, Full English and on request Chinese breakfasts; generally enjoying positive feedback relating to this element of our guests stay. We will continue to monitor any feedback we may receive about the quality and offerings of our Breakfast menu.

Both of our car parks are available to use at just £12.00 per 24 hour period – the cheapest on Broad Street! Our team actively check the car parks to ensure guests are being fair when parking – to allow space for others. Thank you once again for the time you have taken.

Kind Regards

London
Reviewed 22 June 2012

A good choice if you want to be in the middle of Birmingham.

All the normal services, well presented at the lowest price I could find for an equivilent hotel.

Breakfast was OK, everyhting you will normally find.

Good service at reception and in restaurant.

I would chose to go again, not because it is an exceptional hotel, but because it does what it does to a good standard for a good price.

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback online via Tripadvisor.co.uk. I was happy to hear such a balanced and honest review noting our services and team.

Next time you’re in the area, please do let me know so that I can allocate a suitable bedroom prior to your arrival. Thank you once again.

Kind Regards