We stayed for one night courtesy of the point system, as we stay a lot at the one in Newcastle.
First impressions good. Check in was a bit tedious, but in fairness the girl did state it was her first week so excusable.
We had a free upgrade voucher which we used. When we got to our 2nd floor room, it looked ok but couldn't understand what was upgraded about it. I phoned down the the receptionist said it had been refurnished and we had free wifi. If we wanted to move there were only std twins available so we left it at all.
It was clean and the bathroom was well appointed.
The room was small and very hot. Considered it had been recently refurnished, there was little evidence of this. There were stains on the carpet, not enough plug sockets - you couldn't have the kettle & lamp on at the same time. No air conditioning so you had to open the windows which is very noisy when you are in the centre of the A38 Birmingham, 2nd floor. The wifi was very weak and unreliable.
We didn't sleep well due to the stuffiness.
We had already decided not to do breakfast as I am very fond of the cote brasserie nearby. So can't comment about food.
Location wise, reasonably close to everywhere, but noisy.
In all, quite disappointing :-(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glass-sheathed contemporary mid-rise hotel in the center of Birmingham, adjacent to International Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Odigeo, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Copthorne Hotel Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Copthorne Hotel