This is a central hotel and on first seeing our suite we thought we had booked wisely, having a good size bedroom and a large lounge. However, little were we to know of the pitfalls. Firstly, the Jacuzzi bath did not work. We were informed that it had to be turned off due to health and safety!!
It was also a very hot weekend and unbelievably, there is no air conditioning, so we had to open all the windows and then could not sleep because of the all night traffic noise. The following morning we could not use the shower because the thermostatic valve was not working and the water only came out red hot. They were unable to fix this during the day and to be fair, they did offer us another room, but as we were leaving the following morning, we declined. I understand this hotel site is due to be redeveloped. I can only say not before time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glass-sheathed contemporary mid-rise hotel in the center of Birmingham, adjacent to International Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Copthorne Hotel Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Copthorne Hotel