The hotel is very conveniently situated, being just a few minutes walk from New Street Station.
The room rate I paid was very reasonable.
Although it’s right by a busy main road, the sound-proofing is excellent.
The room’s decor was tired and drab.
There was only one towel for two of us to share.
The bed was hard and uncomfortable.
I ordered a newspaper, but it never arrived.
You have to pay for wi-fi – not something you’d expect from a four-star hotel these days.
When did you last see a cathrode ray tube TV? When did you last see one in the “deluxe double” room of a four-star hotel?
Pictures on most UK channels are transmitted in 16:9 widescreen format, but on this telly they were all squashed to fit the 4:3 screen.
The hotel could easily buy a new TV for the cost of one night’s room let, so this is just unacceptable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glass-sheathed contemporary mid-rise hotel in the center of Birmingham, adjacent to International Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Copthorne Hotel Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Copthorne Hotel