“Cosy and clean” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #98 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Cosy and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stopped at this hotel last year and a few things spring to mind when I think back; the bedroom was clean and very big, the English breakfast was delicious and the bed sheets were super thick and brilliantly white. On another occasion I dined in the hotel's restaurant that just happened to be a Chinese restaurant, my favourite, also very tasty!

I would definitely stop at the Copthorne Hotel again and hope that the experience is as good as the first!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kershia Kewi W
DLane, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear KWilliams2013

Thank you so much for your fantastic review and I am really pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit when you last stayed. Our Chinese restaurant, Bugis Street is very popular and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the food.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon

David Lane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Surrey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stayed here as there was a deal through Travelzoo, so went up for a weekend with my partner. There were some pretty bad reviews on here but they mainly advised that the hotel rooms were dated, and yes they were and they could have done with a revamp. My main complaint was the cracked broken and missing tiles on the bathroom floor, we stayed in room 333 (just in case the manager reads this and decides to replace/repair) it just wasnt safe, i cut my foot on a loose tile and this should happen in a supposidly 4 star hotel. Im not sure when they were given the 4 stars possibly in the 80's, when i assume the room was very modern. I wouldnt recomend this hotel, its just to dated and there are far better and safer hotels for the same price.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
DLane, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Louise07Surrey

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for highlighting the problem with the bathroom floor in your room and I was sorry to hear you hurt your foot. . Since your review, the room has been taken out of service and the tiles replaced. Health and Safety is our top priority at the hotel and we employ the services of an external company to audit us every year to ensure we are performing at the highest level.

I do hope at some stage we can welcome you back to the hotel.

David Lane

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Southampton, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I think this hotel offers very good value. As mentioned in other reviews it is an older property but is perfectly clean and in good condition. Excellently located if you are going out in the town. I thought the bar was nice and enjoyed a couple of drinks here at the end of the evening, it got fairly busy later on. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: I would try and get nice and high up to avoid any street noise
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear jnrmotley

Many thanks for your review, we do try to offer great value for money to our guests. I will be sharing your kind words with the team with regards to their service and I hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

The hotel is situated ideally for the city centre, BUT is very noisey, not by the constant traffic outside but by the unconsiderate guests that constantly slam their bedroom doors, children running through the corridors shouting and the Stag and Hen Parties arriving back to the hotel in the early hours. When we complained our complaint was brushed away by the gentleman on reception by saying you should have called reception when the noise occurred...yes well we did go to reception and report the noise but when the staff investigated the patrons had gone to bed and all was quiet until the next party returned or another door was slammed. Will not bother with Copthorne Hotel group again as an apology would have gone a long way.

Room Tip: don't go until it has been decorated and something done to stop the door slamming.
Dear newcastlebabes2

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I am sorry your stay was disturbed by our other guests. Whilst we make every effort to intervene if there is excessive noise, it can be difficult to manage other noisy guests at times. I will be discussing your comments with my Reception Manager to ensure and look to see how we can improve our response to these situations further.

With kind regards

Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Got a great deal with Travel Zoo. The hotel is in a prime spot between really great shopping spots and fabulous party places. Hotel provided very easy to follow walking directions from New St railway station to hotel (approx 10 mins walk). All hotel staff very obliging from reception to bar/restaurant. Room was as others have said a little tired, although modernisation has started with large plasma TVs in all rooms. Beds comfortable with nice crisp linen. Shower was a bit random with more of a jet than a spray, but it was ok for 2 nights! Light to do make up could be improved, but overall very clean and comfortable. Dined in hotel restaurant 1st night. Singaporean set meal was delicious (too full to have desert!). Breakfast was very well organized each morning with the usual offerings and even specialities like porridge, kippers could be ordered and was included in the price. Highly recommended.

Dear Frequent_flyerUK

Thank you so much for your review and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I agree Birmingham is a great place for shopping, a little too good at times as my credit card would testify!!

Your comments about our Food and Beverage Team are fantastic and I am sure they will be pleased as I am to read them. Next time you stay, make sure you leave room for dessert!

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Newport Gwent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Having managed to get away from work for a couple of days I booked the hotel late Thursday and arrived on Friday my first impression was ideal location just what we both needed I booked in where Dean was on reception What a helpful member of your staff very polite and very efficient our room was very clean and hard to fault beds comfortable and breakfast was lovely certainly worth another visit well done copthorne Birmingham will certainly return

Dear Tim M

Many thanks for your review and for your lovely comments about Dean who I agree is a real star!

I hope you find time for another break soon and you are always very welcome to join us here at the Copthorne Birmingham.

Coseley, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I booked a room for 2 people and i have to say that it was the best hotel i have been to the room was gorgeous and was well presented and very spacious. The staff were very polite and have very good manners. we was in the room by the main road and we fell straight asleep and the sound proof windows are a brilliant idea because we didn't here any due to the windows. The reception, bar and the restaurant was very nice and and the design was the same all round the hotel which is consistent and in my opinion i would recommend this hotel to anyone and i don't know where the bad reviews have come from

Dear Jordan S

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for posting a review. I will be sharing your lovely comments about the team with them and we all hope to welcome you back very soon.