Copthorne Hotel Birmingham
US$70
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
2,047 results
All reviewssymphony hallbroad streetgerman marketfull englishbull ringniabullringarena
Reviewed 3 November 2013

A very central location which meant we could walk everywhere. Staff were mostly helpful. But the rooms are shabby and poorly planned. Everything needs to be replaced, the décor is 80's ( at best). Bed was uncomfortable. Watching TV from the sofa was impossible as the room was so poorly designed.
As breakfast is served in the Chinese restaurant you need a strong stomach to tolerate the smell of soy sauce in the morning. But the breakfast was of such poor quality ( although generous) that I suggest you save some money and go to the shopping centre right next door where there are plenty of chain restaurants for less money.
In room Wi-Fi was £5 for 24 hours but a weak signal and very frustrating, but they omitted to tell us that the code expired at midnight so early morning attempts to sign on were fruitless. Surely 24 hours means from the time you check in to the time you check out?

Room Tip: with so many new hotels close by I suggest you book elsewhere and walk the extra five minutes.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
DLane, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Economistmum

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am sorry you were dissappointed with your stay. We are in the process of redocorating our rooms and I hope in the future you will see the changes.

I was suprised to read your comments regarding breakfast and I will address this with my Chef as we normally get some very good comments about this.

I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night as I was attending a meeting and was very disappointed , the room was dated, with poor or badly placed lighting. Once in bed, it was difficult for me to reach the bedside light switch and I was afraid of falling out of the bed when stretching to reach. In all fairness the staff were excellent and the food was good. The room service was lacking as when I arrived I was soaked through and too tired to sit alone in the dining room so ordered a meal which was quite expensive as meals go but enjoyable but can you imagine eating a rather large portion of beer battered haddock and chunky chips with a knife and a desert spoon ? I was too tired to phone down to request a fork. The hotel was conveniently situated . I did not book this hotel myself and did complain to the people that booked it. It was also very noisy both inside and out. I can honestly say this is the worst stay I have ever had. .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Chris91_11

Many thanks for your review I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay. My apologies for not provideing the correct cutlery for your room service meal which was human error and I have asked my Food and Beverage Manager to ensure room service trays are double checked before each evening.

Thankyou for your kind words regarding the team here and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 November 2013

A group of us stayed here for a hen night. After reading the reviews, I wasn't expecting too much. The hotel was great! The staff were friendly and helpful. Special mention to Joe who dealt with the hen party extremely well and was also very polite! I was upgraded to a club room at no extra cost. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. I also visited my friends rooms which again were clean, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was buffet style and very nice. I would definitely stay here again. A great central location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Cat S

Thank you so much for your lovely review and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Joe is an absolute star and I am pleased to hear he looked after you all at the bar.

I hope we can welcome you all back very soon

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Travelled solo and stayed on business during the end of October. The hotel is extremely central in Birmingham and is approximately a two minute walk from Broad Street (the main street in the city centre). Was extremely easy to find and parking was in a secure underground car park underneath the hotel. The reception staff I encountered were extremely friendly and helpful and would make casual chit chat, checking in was straight forward and quick and my room was 440. Once on the 4th floor it did seem like quite a bit of a walk to my room, being young and healthy this did not bother me but I guess for the more elderly it may be an issue. The room itself was very outdated, however it was extremely clean and comfortable. Breakfast in the mornings is a buffet style and there was a fantastic choice of foods to eat.

Having stayed in Birmingham before at different hotels, I definitely would recommend the Copthorne and rate it very highly and will actually be staying again in just a few weeks time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Martin H

Thank you very much for your wondeful review and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I do hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed here for one night to see Alison Moyet at the Symphony Hall. Great location for shops, restaraunts and entertainment facilities. The hotel public areas were modern and welcoming, very friendly reception staff and check in and out were quick and easy.

Our room was old, but clean and the bed was very comfortable, no noise from the main road outside or from inside the hotel. Breakfast was hot and filling.

I would stay again if the price was competative with other surrounding hotels.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Horsemad1

Many thanks for your lovely review and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are very well located for the Symphony Hall and NIA and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.