Upon arrival, the room was prepaid but told on check in not paid. Showed receipt, but receptionist insists of taking payment. Asked about the free WiFi advertised but told all internet chargeable. Checked into room and we felt like we've travelled back into the 60s. Old and tired. Only 1 towel put in room. Kettle not working and the drip tray has not been cleaned for a long time.when rang to the reception about the towel, was told will send some to room. When the Duty Manager arrived at the room, he handled the kettle issue very well and explained where to find additional towels in the room. When turned on the bath tap, lots of black bits came out of it. Ended up taking shower instead. On departure, asked receptionist about the double charge and was told it was only a pre-auth on check in. ????? To top it off, no apology was offered for the mistake. 4 stars hotel??? Really??? A disgrace to the chain. We stayed with the same chain elsewhere in the world and this is by far...the worst.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glass-sheathed contemporary mid-rise hotel in the center of Birmingham, adjacent to International Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Prestigia, TravelUp, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Copthorne Hotel Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Copthorne Hotel