I stayed at the Copthorne as it was hosting a reunion dinner. It was my first stay there.
The location is ideal. It is right in the centre of Birmingham, a five minute walk from New Street Station. However, is not easy to find unless you know where you are going.
As others have commented, my room would have benefited from redecoration, but was adequate for my needs. It was clean, comfortable and quiet, had good supplies of tea and coffee, and a working TV. I did not check for WiFi. I had a very good night's sleep. I was on the top floor facing west, with a good view straight towards the Symphony Hall.
The food at the dinner I attended was good, as was the breakfast. Service was friendly and efficient, except for the reception desk that was slow and seemed a bit disorganised.
On my way home I realised I had left something in my room. I called the hotel. They found the item and posted it to me the next day. I was very impressed by that service.
The Copthorne is not going to win any prizes as a luxury hotel. However, if what you need is a hotel right in the centre of Birmingham, where you will sleep well and get a good breakfast, it offers excellent value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glass-sheathed contemporary mid-rise hotel in the center of Birmingham, adjacent to International Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Lastminute, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Copthorne Hotel Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Copthorne Hotel