Stayed here for a night as part of a larger group. All rooms seen were dated with very worn furnishings but all were clean. Our beds were new and comfortable. The bathroom is not well lit but there are mirrors elsewhere for doing makeup etc.
The hotel is handy for shopping and nightlife, approx 10 minute walk from the bars in Broad Street and approx 20 minutes from the Bull ring. There is a Wetherspoons, another bar and a little centre with food outlets and a Spar very close by.
As light sleepers, on arrival I asked if our allocated room was in a quiet location as I had read the road side was noisy. We were advised it was on the quiet side not facing the road BUT when we went to bed we were kept awake until past 2am by noise from the bar nearby! I travel with ear plugs just in case and could still hear it with them in! We complained next morning to be told the bar is not always noisy(?!!) and that the quieter rooms are overlooking the hotel car park at the front. Annoying that we weren't allocated a room there on arrival when we asked about location/noise. The rooms on the road side had an extra sound proofing window layer to block noise so might be better then the bar side. Our friends there slept fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glass-sheathed contemporary mid-rise hotel in the center of Birmingham, adjacent to International Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Copthorne Hotel Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Copthorne Hotel