I have to say, I was concerned about this hotel from the reviews I had read. I was pleasantly surprised that it was actually fine! Agreed, the reception area would have been very grand in the 80s but it was not as retro as some have said!
The bar and restaurant were quite nice in my opinion. In fact the breakfast in the restaurant was very good. Staff were great too.
The rooms did let the place down. Flowers on the curtains? Come on! Dated carpets and and seriously dated bathroom. But the beds were comfortable and that is important for me. I was unfortunately on the road side of the hotel and the noise was significant. Louder than another 4 star I have stayed at on Broad Street! I can not believe how many young drivers like to 'rev it up' until around 4 in the morning!
Overall, not as bad as some of the reviews suggest, but I wouldn't stay here again based purely on the fact that there are better 4 star choices 10 minutes walk away at similar prices.
If you're already booked up, don't worry, it isn't bad!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glass-sheathed contemporary mid-rise hotel in the center of Birmingham, adjacent to International Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Lastminute, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Copthorne Hotel Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Copthorne Hotel