I recently stayed at the Copthorne Birmingham as a stopover whilst on business. I booked the room last minute and was unsure what to expect (especially after reading some reviews on here). However, as I was travelling alone (husband at home) and the purpose of my trip being business, I wasn't too concerned. Upon arrival to the hotel I feared the reviews I had read were true. Decor was dated and in need of an update, rooms were tired and some parts of the hotel looked 'shabby'. However, despite this I must say the hotel was extremely clean. I decided to eat at the hotels Chinese restaurant on my first night. Again, I was rather apprehensive as the restaurant seemed quiet. Food was OK, (slightly disappointing) but the waitress (I believe her name to be Vo) was extremely attentive and helpful from start to finish. On my second and final night I opted to eat in the bar area. I preferred this option as the atmosphere seemed slightly more lively. I was greeted by two friendly barmen (I believe they were called James and Benjamin) who looked after me for the duration of the night. I can be rather fussy at times, but nothing was too much trouble for either of them. Overall, the hotel is in need of a refurbishment, but it served it's purpose, was in a central location and I would recommend to others. Friendly staff and cleanliness go a long way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glass-sheathed contemporary mid-rise hotel in the center of Birmingham, adjacent to International Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Copthorne Hotel Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Copthorne Hotel