Only stayed for 1 night, arriving at lunchtime on day 1, meeting all afternoon, out for dinner in the evening and then meeting all morning, depart after lunch.
Good location for Central Birmingham attractions, we walked up to Chinatown and had an excellent dinner. Some of my colleagues had some difficulties in getting off Paradise circus roundabout and into the carpark. There are two carparks, one at surface level open to the elements just opposite the hotel entrance, the other is next to the hotel and either beneath it or a multistorey (I' not sure I didn't use it). Both cost £12 for 24hours. Remember to get your exit ticket from reception when you are ready to leave. The reception staff were friendly enough but there was a bit of faffing about going on which meant each time I went there, I had to queue. Also, my pet hate, staff doing other things when people are waiting to be seen to.
The meeting room was ok, the projection unit tinged all the slides we used a strange yellow colour which was ok for us but if you were thrying to show something where colour and clarity mattered it would not have been great. Nice tea and coffee served during breaks together with delicious pastries.
I didn't make it to lunch on either day because of work commitments but my colleagues that did said it was nice, so obviously up the the standard of other business hotels we use.
My room was a bit tired looking and in places a bit tatty I thought. Fine for sleeping in for a night, but I probably would have been a little disappointed had I paid for it myself.
I have to say though that the all the staff I met were very friendly and helpful (apart from that observation about reception).
I'd stay here again if I got an outstanding deal and needed to be in the centre of Birmingham and didn't mind the quality of the rooms being a tad poor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glass-sheathed contemporary mid-rise hotel in the center of Birmingham, adjacent to International Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Prestigia, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Copthorne Hotel Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Copthorne Hotel