Copthorne Hotel Birmingham
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
ibis Styles Birmingham Centre(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$80
US$68
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$119
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$93
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
2,023 results
All reviewssymphony hallbroad streetgerman marketfull englishbull ringniabullringarena
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2011

Myself and my daughter have stayed in this hotel a number of times and always find the rooms very clean and the staff very friendly, it is also in a great position for visiting the many attractions of Birmingham, we often go to the Hippodrome and this hotel is in a quieter area to sleep but still time to have a drink or something to eat when the show is finished

• Stayed: December 2010
MerryHillManager, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2011

Dear Mitzywade,

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback of your recent stay with us here in Birmingham.

I am pleased that you have continually found our hotel to meet your needs and that we have provided clean rooms and a friendly team to meet you each time.

I hope that you will continue to use us a venue for your theatre trips and I look forward to seeing you at the Copthorne hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 February 2011

First stay here - normally stay at the Marriott, but I was booked here by some people I was working for. Hotel is clean, but the room was very outdated - felt like a Moscow Hotel in the 1980's and I've stayed in a few of those! The hot tap in the bathroom was really hard to turn off (room 409). I eventually managed it with the help of a towel wrapped round the tap head - downright dangerous if nothing else. It's hard to see why this is a 4 star hotel. Parking charges are also extortionate!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
MerryHillManager, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2011

Dear YorkSimon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel and I am sorry that we have not met your expectations on this occasion.

I will certainly ask my maintenance team to look at the tap within the bedroom which you have occupied to ensure that this is rectified immediately.

We have conducted pricing surveys of our car parking charges at the hotel and found our tariff to be very competitive amongst hotels and leisure facilities within the city, I am only sorry that this added to the frustration of your stay with us.

I would be keen to discuss the plans we have for the hotel and attempt to restore your faith in Millennium hotels, I would therefore be grateful if you could send me your contact details and I will endeavour to contact you.

Reviewed 13 February 2011

Having read the previous reviews I nearly canceled my booking, I'm so glad I did not, from the moment we checked in the staff was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble, room was very clean and comfy, the food in Bugis street was delicious.
The only thing is the rooms are dated and this hotel would really benefit from a refurb, if you want a modern hotel stay else where, if you want a hotel that is clean and as great food and service I suggest you stay here and make your own view and not believe all you read.

• Stayed: February 2011

Dear Krasobtong,

Thank you for visiting TripAdvisor and sharing your feedback on the Copthorne hotel Birmingham.

I am delighted that you chose to experience the hotel in person and receive the friendly service we aim to provide.

I hope that we will be able to continue impressing you & that you become one of our many regular customers.

Reviewed 9 February 2011

Just returned from a wonderful weekend at The Copthorne, yes we were standing outside on the carpark at 3am, but no fault of the excellent management & staff plus i thought it was quite funny, the hotel is smack bang in the middle of everything shopping & culture to the left, nightlife & bars,restaurants to the right.My wife & i stayed with a party of 12, all of us couples staying on the 2nd floor, the rooms were all clean & refurbished plus tea and coffee making facilities,everyone of us had no compliants of 2 nights we were there. top marks to the restaurant, what fabulous 3 course chinese/ singaporean spread and all in the price of the stay.
Would we go back?? YES, we are just looking for any excuse to do so.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
HeatherHoskins, Operations Manager at Copthorne Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2011

Dear Stokie2_11

Thank you for your review, I am glad that you had such a wonderful week end.

Also- thank you very much for your understanding during the emergency evacuation, I am glad it was managed satisfactorily; evacuations are never desired at any time. But, our staff are fully trained to assist with all aspects of your safety.

I hope to be able to welcome your party back again soon – keep an eye out for special offers on our web site. We do have many varied promotions available; the next really good one will be out soon for Easter.

Best Wishes,
Heather Hoskins,
Operations Manager

Reviewed 8 February 2011

I have no choice but to stay in this hotel as it is one of our 'preferred' business hotels. However, if you have a choice, don't stay here! Whilst it is in a good location and the staff are pleasant enough, I have absolutely no idea how it gets a 4 star status. The rooms are very out of date, the decor is tired and if you are really lucky, you get a room over looking the car park and the 'live music' venue! It's not equipped for modern life - who can make do with one plug socket in the age of the chargeable gadget?

I am also disappointed by a member of staff I spoke to about a possible room move. I understand the hotel is busy but I expect to be listened too and not brushed off. My reason for asking was I noticed the bar on the walkway was advertising live music and having been warned by a colleague just what this entails (sleepless nights until the early hours), I asked whether it was possible to move. I was told it was unlikely as the hotel was full this evening but 'if I had come to them earlier, they might have been able to do something'. I did try to say there was no way I could have known about the noise when I checked in as the bar is outside the hotel and you have to walk past it to see the signs! I was also told I would be contacted at 8.30 to confirm whether it was/wasn't possible to move. 2 hours later, I'm still waiting!

In addition, my room has damp patches, my bathroom has mould spots and there's a hole in the bathroom door!

• Stayed: February 2011

Dear Vickiedo,

Thank you for your review of your stay for the last 2 nights. I am pleased to read that you find the location and the staff to be pleasant.

I apologise that we were unable to resolve the issues that you encountered with the noise outside the locale of your room and the further issues within. If there were no alternative rooms available this most definitely should have been explained to you fuller at the time.

From the details that I currently have it would appear that you have a future stay with us. I would very much like to be able to restore your faith in our hotel and hope that you would consider calling me to resolve prior to arrival.
Again thank you for your review, all of your comments are valuable to us. I hope to speak to you very soon.

Best Regards,