“My hotel in birmingham”

Ranked #102 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Razlog, Bulgaria
“My hotel in birmingham”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have been there twice, first time in 2006. Location is great-a 25 min walk from Bull Ring. Easy to find and peaceful. At first funny shaped but once you settle it all makes sense. Service is very good and will recommend for 2-5 days stays.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This was booked for me through work not myself, otherwise I would not of gone near.

The hotel look is very very dated inside and out, staff are friendly enough, but on first impressions seemed expensive.

Going upstairs to where my room was, broken lights, old carpets.

In the room, tv could hardly get a picture, was a very very old 12 or 14" portable with few channels. The bedding was very very old. Lights on the walls were literally hanging off waiting to fall off.

In the bathroom, their were marks and im talking bright yellow marks where the math on the bat had been used thousands of times by the look of it, the bath was dirty with plenty of hairs clearly visible, to the extent I had to wash the bath down to use it.

Breakfast was dire, mass produced self service, which was warm at best, the toast was cold by time had got it to the table.

I honestly have never stayed in a worst hotel, my colleague with me's view was that its been run down for closure.

On checkout, a number of other guests checking out all entered into a similar conversation how we would never stay there again and all exchanging stories of how bad our rooms were for various reasons.

The manager didn't say hope to see you again, obviously had heard all the guests complaining on checkout.

The staff when spoken to were polite.

Room Tip: go elsewhere Is my only advice
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Finding it and parking are easy. As soon as I walked into reception I smelt a strong old pub bar smell (very off putting), there is a bar right next to reception. The rooms are in separate building blocks across from reception, mine was E. On entering the block to get to my room there was a strong smell of cigarettes and old, this remained throughout. The lift is dodgy and worked only once, I suggest you avoid it.The tv is very dated and only had two working channels, the bathroom had a strong smell of urine but looked clean. There were stains on the carpet I could see, wouldn't want to be bare foot. I couldn't imagine showering there or staying in that room and have asked for another room as I have a week booked so will see if another block/room is cleaner.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was looking for a place close to Birmingham centre that was reasonably priced and had a car park. The Apollo fitted the bill, and I decided (despite some interesting reviews) to give it a go.

It was great! I was a little concerned that the reception was not obvious but once I had parked and found my feet and my room (the receptionist was very pleasant and helpful) I was pleasantly surprised. My room was modern, warm, very clean, fantastic powerful and hot shower. I slept like a baby!
Great fresh breakfast with good poached eggs and even marmalade!
What more could you ask for the price?

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Annie5923
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Its a £8 Quid taxi ride into town. The rooms are dated, they have the feel of an early 1980's blackpool b&b and the beds are uncomfortable we may aswell of camped out. The television didnt work too well, ive seen better ones being fly tipped.

As you approach the hotel it looks like a run down block of council flats. On arrival we were told we had to pit up a £100 deposit incase we break anything. After a bit of a discussion we were allowed to have the room. The woman at the desk had a crap attitude she probably hadn't had any intimate interaction in a while and needed to invest in a toothbrush n maybe a better fitting top. Didn't try the bar or the food as I didnt want to risk getting food poisoning. In the future I think I will stick to premier inn. Or take a pop up tent.

• Stayed November 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

stayed for one night whilst visiting friends round the corner. It was cheap and we didn't expect much, but when we arrived we were told our shower might not work. Ok, not a big problem until we get to the room to find it definitely won't work as it had been removed. We mentioned this and we're offered a different room, well why didn't you offer that in the first place!!

We went out for the evening and came back about midnight. The rest of the night was noisy, drunk people outside shouting and car noise right through until 5th. We mentioned this to the staff in the morning and they couldn't care less, didn't even apologise.

We won't ever consider staying in this place again, it was utterly terrible.

• Stayed November 2013
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stopped there for a night as we had a concert at the NIA and it was fairly close to it.
Upon arriving we were told of a surprose £100 deposit that has to be made in order to get the room, was this on the website? No. It was a new policy which they hadn't yet publicized, so legally they had no right to do this.
After that shambles we eventually got into the room, I felt like I'd stepped back in time. They had a tiny analogue TV (of which only Milton Keynes broadcasts that signal now, so I don't know why they didn't have freeview). The bed sheets were old, the window wouldn't even stay open!
Very bad night, would not recommend this place at all.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple