See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel is amazing value for money. The rooms are really comfortable with great beds. The staff are very friendly. The location is perfect with on the main road into the city and less than a mile away

Room tip: Book you won't be disappointed
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank theclint0ns
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Was disappointed with the distance from the train station, with a taxi fair of over £7. The website stated that broad street was a 5 minute walk but was infact a half an hour walk. The room was nicely presented, a good size, but we unfortunately found big stains and hairs in the one bed. The kettle did not work. The room was boiling, the window only opened about an inch and there was no air conditioning so we had an uncomfortable nights sleep. Up on arrival we was required to pay a £100 deposit which was not stated before hand. There was groups of other guested hanging around the hallway and outside our window playing music which could be intimidating. It was okay for a 1 night say but I wouldn't recommend it.

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank amberfurber
Reviewed 23 April 2014

After reading the reviews on this site I was a little dubious about my booking at this hotel. However, this was totally unfounded. When we first approached the hotel the outside does look very run down and the whole impression is definitely of an outdated building. This is in complete contrast with the image you receive when entering the reception area. The reception is very nice, spacious and of a good decorative state. This area also houses the hotel bar which was certainly sufficient for the needs of it's guests. Just past the bar is the dining area which is also very good. I will cover the breakfast itself slightly later.

I had originally booked a double room after a successful eBay bid but the hotel were very accommodating and easily allowed me to change this to a family/triple room with just a small extra fee. The hotel staff from first contact via telephone to in person during our stay were all fantastic. When I checked in the lady on reception could not have been more helpful or friendly. She suggested places to visit and was more than happy to advise me of the bus numbers to enable us to travel into the City Centre without having to try and struggle in our own car.

The hotel room was lovely, very spacious and faultlessly clean. The beds were very comfortable and I was delighted to see that the two pillows per person given were of a good density, not the usual wafer thin rubbish supplied by other hotels. The only things that could have improved the room itself would have been the provision of a coat hanger, which there was plenty of room for, thicker walls (we were able to hear everything from the room next to us, and I do mean everything!) and a better shower. The shower did have a good flow but only at a temperature above 38°c, anything lower than this and you were literally standing over the bath plughole, a garden hose would have been more effective.

The breakfast was very good with sufficient options. There was a range of fruit juices, cereals, fruits, yogurt, a few pastries and then a buffet English Breakfast. Coffee/Tea and toast were served to order and constantly replenished. Again the staff were very friendly and helpful.

There are plenty of restaurants nearby for your evening meal. The nearest cash machines appear to be within the Akbars Indian Restaurant or the Quality Hotel on the other side of the road. Alternatively there is a cash machine in the convenience store located 7 minutes walking distance from the hotel towards the city centre. As these are the nearest shops I would suggest that you take with you any snacks and drinks you may want outside of your breakfast and evening meals.

All in all I was very pleased with this hotel and our stay and would certainly recommend this to people looking for a short stay in a nice hotel without having to pay too much.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Well I have stayed in some dives in Birmingham and didn't know what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised. Stayed in block E. The room had a very 70's feel about it but it was cute, like stepping into crossroads motel. Everything was clean and tidy and in good order. Just a small detail though, I'm over 6ft and the single bed wasn't long enough. I would definitely recommend this place if yr looking for somewhere to stay 5 mins from city and will definitely stay again :)

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We only booked this hotel as no other hotels had availability for that night on a short notice. Having read the previous reviews we were expecting a dirty, dated, dire hotel! We have been pleasantly surprised! The room we got was in Block B and these rooms must've been recently refurbished as all furniture was new, bathroom spotlessly clean and modern, brand new plasma TV (with all channels working!!!). Bed was very comfortable and room was nice and warm. Another thing we were apprehensive about was breakfast, we even said that we will just go and look what's it like and if we don't like it we will go and have bfast somewhere else. But thankfully there was no need! It must've been one of the best, cooked to order full English breakfasts we ever had!! ! So all in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here! It's a basic hotel that does what it says on the tin! Doesn't have services like room charges, room service, you gotta pay for room upfront and the staff didn't seem particularly friendly. But for the prices they charge we think it's a great value for money- nice, clean, warm, great breakfast!!! Will definitely stay again!!!

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple