“Very nice hotel with lots of friendly people around.”

Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7
Ranked #77 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
“Very nice hotel with lots of friendly people around.”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed here with my family for 1 night and hotel exceeded our expectation all the time. Managers were so friendly with kids and helped us all the way through our stay. Seen the same manager in restaurant at breakfast time. According to me it was the best breakfast and best ambience I had ever seen. All the staff were brilliant . I would like say thanks to the your managers who made our stay wonderfull. (sorry can't remember their name but i think they were indian and one if them wears glasses) thank you holiday inn you have got the best staff :) will defeneatly come back.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Stayed one night whilst travelling with work and what an immaculately clean hotel. My room was a good size, fabulous bathroom and excellent shower, huge sized bed with really nice bed linen and even soft and hard pillows to choose from. Lots of programmes on TV which is about a 32 inch flat screen. Breakfast next morning was a good choice, tea, coffee, juice, cereal, toast, fruit and scrambled egg and sausage amongst other things. All in all a very comfy stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Basildon
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We enjoyed an overnight stay at this hotel prior to attending an athletics event. The rooms were good vaue for money. We asked for quiet rooms for athletes and we were not disappointed. The rooms were clean, nice bathroom, comfortable bed and lots of programs on the T.V. The restaurant was rather expensive although the food was nice. I would opt for a Harvester if I stayed there again which is much better value. The breakfast was £14 each which is ok if you have a big appetite but rather expensive if you only want cereal and a croissant.
The pool was lovely and the members of the health club were very friendly. It was lovely to relax in the sauna. There is also a fitness room.
The hotel caters for dogs which is useful to know and it is next to fields, ideal for exercising them. Everywhere is spotless,
On the whole it was an enjoyable stay and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on booking but if you have a disabled or elderly person with you make sure they...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Tyne & Wear
Reviewed 11 March 2012

just back from staying here, the rooms are as you would expect... clean, spacious (well except for the tiny bathroom), all updated with flatscreens in the rooms etc.
I've stayed in many Holiday Inn's and always found the service to be one of their strong points but sadly in this case its the total opposite, so much so its encouraged me to write my first ever review.
The staff where abrupt, confrontational and slow is an understatement. The hotel wasnt especially busy yet was asked to wait in the bar for 30mins before being able to eat in the restaurant (that had 3 customers in), 1 hour later we had to ask what was going on, no apology just shown to a seat to wait some more. In that time we heard another couple being served a meal with cream rather than mayo, when they complained they were actually asked if they had ordered cream? I mean seriously? as cream is often ordered with steak and chips! as the restaurant manager proceeded to argue with them for another 5mins leading to more delays!
Holiday Inn sort your recruitment/training in Birmingham out as its they are seriously letting down your brand

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
mitchw1,

Ben J
IHG Care

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Got a very warm welcome from the lady behind reception desk, she was great a mature lady like myself and made me feel at home.

Rooms were clean and functional, everything I needed for my short stay.

The restaurant had a curry buffet which i didn't chose but the Salmon was tasty and again the friendly staff made me feel welcome, they gave me a nice table and offered me magazine as I was dining alone which I thought was a nice touch.

Breakfast was good too, nice selection and again friendly team.

Really good value for money as I have paid more and got a lot less!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Checked on around 10 pm. Got a complimentary drink as not upgraded. Walked to room, about half a mile to find room key didn't work. Receptionist quite flippant despite me carrying two heavy bags (NO LIFT). Think twice before staying here. Uhh need to start to do dome mystery shopping. Happy to help if you need me.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank jeffswork
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear Jeffswork,

Thank you for advising us of your dissatisfaction towards our Front Desk service. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you. I understand why you are disappointed, let me assure you that this is not our usual level of service. Our management has taken note of this and proper action has been taken to ensure that situations of this nature will not reoccur in the future. Again, thank you for all your comments which help us identify areas of improvement. We hope to welcome you back to be able to demonstrate to you the true InterContinental service.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2012

had a wonderful stay and kids really enjoyed....helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family