“Friendly Staff”

Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7
Ranked #70 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on business, been here before so new what to expect. Easy to find just off the M6 and plenty of parking. Clean room with a small double bed enough room for one person. Eat in the resturant in the morning for breakfast which was ok but if you get there with only 15 mins before it closes at 9.30am there isn't much fresh continental food left.
Used room service for food due to getting in late from working shifts, it didn't take long to arrive after ordering but wasn't very hot but was ok.

Asked for a late check out which the front desk were really helpful and made possible for my stay. Made use of the gym facilities here whcih were good and machine well maintained.
Overall I would use again the staff are brilliant here and do what they can to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel on Monday 24th September 2012 on business for a course there the next day. It was very easy to find using the cars sat nav and parking was good when I arrived at about 5.30pm and I was able to park fairly close to the main entrance. I had booked room 114 which I found was a bit of a walk from reception which could prove an issue if you have a lot of bags. The staff on reception were very helpful and pleasant. I had to use the internet and this was priced at £5.00 for an hour or an offer of 4 hours for £10.00. I was lucky as after I arrived a coach load of people arrived and this did tie up reception a bit, but they seemed very able. I ate in the reaturant and the food was very good and there was a choice from the menu. The staff there very again pleasant and thoughful because as I was alone I was offered a newspaper and magazine to read. All in all I thought this was a very good hotel and clean. I slept well and there was no noise.

Room Tip: Check where the room are in relation to reception.
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I had reason to stop over at your hotel or so long ago.
I must take this opportunity to congratulate the staff who work in the bar and the restaurant.
They were polite , professional, knowledgeable and very helpful.  In particular two gentlemen  called Ranjeet  and  Jyoti .
The overall experience on that particular day was excellent with no complaints about the food or the service ... not being able to find fault with either.
There was a wine promotion and was given the opportunity to taste the wine which we subsequently had with our meal.
We didnt stop over on this particular occasion but with the welcome and service the staff showed, would have no hesitation in recomending this hotel and it's services to family and friends.
Your staff are an asset and a credit to your company .

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Took kids to cadbury world and looked for hotels on internet near the venue,got a good price for my husband,me and our 2 children,excellent hotel,very clean,good hosts it was just the location of the place that spoilt it for us,had to take 2 bus rides and a train to get to cadburys world,so was a bit lost when we first arrived as internet said hotel was 8 miles away...no way it took us 35 mins on the bus to get there,saying that the hotel itself was good value and I would stay again

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This hotel is a very tired hotel. On the plus side the hotel is quiet and the staff don't bother you when you are working nights and put the do not disturb sign up. On the minus side the hotel for the last two weekends has not had the full room service menu available and the staff are not very helpful about this with a take it or leave it attitude. The rooms are tiny and the beds are not full doubles, rather being three quarter size. The bathrooms are OK and at least have real soap and not shower gel like so many hotels do now. The staff also clear away breakfast things too quickly when you haven't finished and are getting some more but the food is good (as is what room service food was available - especially the Goan Curry).

There much better hotels in Birmingham itself.

Room Tip: lower Ground rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Dear Baldipaul,

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered over room service and breakfast staff. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed here again, not by choice on any occasion. Room dated, in need of a update & deep clean – there was a dead spider trapped in the picture above the bed and dust on the top self of the wardrobe - my laptop case came down very dusty! Thought I would use the pool: water was cloudy and the showers looked really grim so showered back at the room. We were one of only two groups in the restaurant, but the service was so slow. They kept coming and asking if everything ok, but did nothing to when it wasn’t! My first glass of wine was on its way to becoming vinegar and my chicken in the coronation chicken would have made a good shot put! The Eton Mess was a complete joke little blobs of meringue, loads of cream and one strawberry! Even when made again it had only ONE strawberry. Conclusion lots of staff who really don’t care!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Dear FussyMidAgedWithKids,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you received room accommodations and service from our staff which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 September 2012

We stayed overnight, due to 1, my daughter and son-in-law hired a room for their wedding reception, and 2, it was also my hubby's birthday. Because of us booking in advance, and the fact that we told them we were part of a wedding party, we were given an Executive room, with breakfast at a decent price. The staff were absolutely brilliant, the atmosphere was fantastic, and the bar staff served efficiently - (people who complain about slow service are obviously always in a rush! They ought to go to the Canary islands, because that is mega slow, you just have to be patient!!). The room was clean, and so was the bedding. A member of staff even asked if everything was okay, and i told them yes, it was perfect. The breakfast food was well stocked, and this was at 10am, and it was hot. We have no complaints whatsoever. And going on location of the hotel, just of the M6...we live only 4 miles away...and YES it IS EASY TO GET TO! AND IT CAN BE EASILY SEEN FROM THE ROAD. IT USED TO BE CALLED THE POSTHOUSE, BEEN THERE FOR YEARS, IT IS WHERE IT IS BECAUSE IT'S AWAY FROM THE NOISE OF THE MAIN ROAD.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, spoil yourselves and go for an executive room. Lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family