“Better than my CP NEC stay... just right.”

Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7
Ranked #76 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Stayed here for 2 of 3 weeks work in Birmingham. A crazy exit..junction 7 off the M6 means you need to slow right down but adds to the quirkiness of brum, remember you're after the A34 to Walsall. A great rate meant I paid little more than the T-Lodge was gonna charge me so an easy choice. Plenty of free parking and nice grounds. Nice upgrade to exec room 236. The rooms... a little dated maybe but very spick and span with Big Flat screen TV, safe and fridge made for a great room (for my rate). The bathroom is very compact (read tight!) as I expected.. fine for me, with a shower over the bath but don't bring any cats if you're a swinger!

Grub wise..50% for Tastecard holders was an added bonus..service was stretched during a staff party.. a little predictable and maybe could have been better planned but would give it another bash. There is a Harvester 3-4 minutes on foot if that's your thing.

The thing that I really liked was the choice of 500 points or a drinks voucher for being platinum.. somewhere that lets me decide what I value most (and a management that thinks about its loyalty customers)..rather than my stay at the CP (A soft drink at the bar!). Would I stay again...deffo and a good base for work and a mates weekend away.

Finally..make sure you give yourselves a good 10 minutes to join the M6 in the morning, but once you're on it, you're away.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear drdanielmacdonald,

Thank you for your feedback. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments. I will ensure that the staff see your comments as they will be greatly encouraged.

Your information is very useful to us and is taken seriously, in order for us to find solutions and remain focused on delivering “Great Hotels Guests Love”.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Me and my family have enjoy staying in this hotel. We booked by booking.com but we have appreciated that we haven't been charged before actually benefitting of their services. The stuff was very welcome right from the moment we step into. They managed to find a family room (although we booked a double) on the same price deal. The room was cleaned each day and breakfast buffet with plenty of choices.
To conclude, a very positive experience and I highly recommend this place for a stay shorter or longer.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ClodyX
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Dear ClodyX

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

I was very pleased to hear your comments and that you enjoyed your stay. I will ensure that the staff will see your review as they will be encouraged by your feedback.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

I'd been due to stay at the Ibis but they were overbooked. Phoned the central reservations for Holiday Inn and they said they had a room for this hotel so I booked a room. Turned up at 11.50pm but was told that they were full and it was a mistake by central reservations. Two other guests turned up within about 5 minutes to get a similar story.

Matt on reception was very helpful and spent the next hour phoning a large number of local hotels and then some up-to 20 miles away to try and get rooms for us.

This level of service would prompt me to use the hotel if back in the area

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear RussellERennie,

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your arrival at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

I was pleased to hear that Matthew was helpful, especially following your inconvenience at such a late hour. I will ensure that he sees your comments which are encouraging and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I spent a night here for work, and for the purpose it did the job. These places generally do. That said, it was probably the worst business hotel I’ve stayed in for some time – single beds in the twin room I had were far from ideal, and there is seemingly no soundproofing anywhere, meaning that every time anyone in the rooms either side or on the floor above opened a door or used the bathroom I could hear everything. But it was clean and the staff were friendly.

The breakfast I had was excellent, and in stark contrast to the dinner we had the night before which was only just the right side of edible. My colleague had a piece of pork belly that featured ‘crackling’ that was just a gelatinous mess of fat that she spooned on to the side of her plate, the vegetables were overcooked and tasteless, and the bread rolls were stale. It should have all gone back, but we weren’t paying and didn’t want to embarrass the person that was.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear acr606,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback following your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

I read your comments with concern, and therefore I would be very grateful if you would contact me on 0871 942 9009 or via email: gehan.eriyagama@ihg.com as I would be pleased to discuss this further with you.

Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

stated here at the last minute. Git up too early fir breakfast but still got it (cheers Dave) saw a group turned away too. Had a problem with the shower in my room that needed walls ripping out but used the shower on the pool/gym that I was going to anyway. I was given 20% off my bill fir this inconvenience. The staff were great would definitely return

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear DarrenTravelonw,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

I was pleased that the staff were able to help you with your comments, which are very helpful to us. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed 6 May 2013

just left today after 3 night stay with family. Booked early and got great price.
3 different menus available, only had the bar one- delicious! To top it off- kids ate free. Ate there 3 times.
pool and health club were nice too.
Staff were extremely friendly and hard working. They had a massive church group for breakfast on 2 days, managed to feed all 300 worshippers! Well done.
Thank u again to all the staff.

• Stayed: May 2013
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear majd1,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments. I will ensure that the staff see your comments, as I am sure they will be greatly encouraged.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 May 2013

the staff and managment are first class and very friendly and warm to their customers and guests. Thats the good points, however the hotel clearly needs investment. Although its clean the bedroom furniture is tired and dated. The breakfast was great but again the restaurant needs some money spending in it as the chairs, blinds and pictures are very dated. Come on Holiday Inn break your piggy bank.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear gouldfather,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

I was pleased to hear your comments regarding the staff and I am sure they will be encouraged by your feedback. With regards to the decor issues, please be assured that I will pass these on the our owners for their information.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kindest regards,