Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7
  • Pool
US$126
  • Room Service
US$44
Bloc Hotel Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$70
Agoda.com
US$127
US$110
All reviewsswimming poolhealth clubleisure facilitiesdrayton manorexecutive roomshort breaksat navbooked this hotelcooked breakfaststayed here for one nightsaturday nightfull englishyogurtmotorwaygymathleticsjacuzzi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Decided to stay here given brand reputation - big mistake. The rooms are a bit tired as has previously been mentioned, but given the price not that bad. However, the service was appalling - 2 hours to be served a one course meal in the restaurant (when only 2 tables requiring service) and when we complained the manager told us that the staff had been busy talking to another guest because he was a regular.

Will not stay at a Holiday Inn again if I can possibly avoid it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ADocUk
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear ADocUK,

On behalf of the team at the hotel I read your comments with concern and disappointment, and offer my sincere apologies.

May I please check if you had chance to speak to a Manager on duty on that evening? If not, I would be interested to discuss this matter further with you. I would be very grateful if you would contact me via my email: gehan.eriyagama@ihg.com or call 0871 942 9009.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This hotel was nicely decorated, clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Didn't use the bar or restaurant. Room was clean and comfortable, but smelt of drains when we arrived. Bed comfortable, facilities good. We would have liked to have used the pool, etc. but didn't get the chance in the end. Didn't notice any traffic noise despite being at junction 7 of the m6. Parking very good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear CheekyTravellers2012,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind comments and useful feedback.

I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Stopped here with my friend for 2 nights rooms was lovely service was great only complaint the room service phones do ring ring ring sometimes not all the time but sometimes however I will deffo bool again

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Parveen,

Thank you for taking the time to give your information following your stay with us.

We regularly discuss all feedback given and take it seriously in order to make improvements and get to know our guests.

I hope that we may welcome you back very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I chose this hotel for its location which for my purposes was excellent but this was the only good point. The rooms are tired and need refurbishing and the tiny bathroom is not adequate. The wi fi is slow and inconsistent. The only good thing was the towels which were of the usual HI standard. There was a layer of dust round the desk lamp which makes me wonder about the housekeeping.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear GW187351,

Thank you for taking the time to give your valuable feedback following your recent stay with us.

I read your comments with interest and offer my sincere apologies. I will speak to my Housekeeping Manager, who I know will also be disappointed and arrange re-training.

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back despite your disappointment in the future.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My partner is an IHG Elite Gold member and needed two more hotel nights this year to retain gold status. We decided to stay at this Holiday Inn one of the nights. This may not have been the best decision we ever made as we encountered a number of problems.

Location: the hotel is easy to find and there is plenty of free parking. I would have given the hotel a one had it not been for the free parking. There is a Harvester pub within a five minute walk from the hotel for a good value dinner.

Check-in: there was a group ahead of us who were checking in for their stay in conjunction with a function (wedding?) at the hotel. It took a while before a second receptionist turned up. She was very friendly but seemed obvious to what Elite Gold members usually receive upon check-in. We did receive two complimentary bottles of water. She asked which newspaper we would like in the morning and we requested The Observer (we later found out that they intended to charge for that although it should be free).

Room: it was quite a hike to the room and there are no elevators at the hotel. We had booked an executive room which according to the hotel website should contain complimentary water, chocolates, robes and slippers. There were two bottles of water and a Mars bar (a Mars bar does not come to mind when I see "chocolates" and "executive"...) but no sign of the robes and slippers. My partner contacted reception about the missing robes and slippers. We went for a swim in the hotel swimming pool and were out for just over an hour. The robes and slippers had not arrived when we were out despite the earlier promise that they would be delivered shortly. We stopped by reception on the way out and mention that the robes and slippers had not arrived. To make a long story short: two robes had appeared when we returned but the elusive slippers did not materialize. Why say you provide something when you don't?
The room looked in need of some TLC (see photos provided by other reviewers). There was a 37" flat screen TV with freeview channels. I think the executive room is exactly the same as a standard guest room but with the 'chocolates'/Mars bar, two bottles of water, robes and supposedly slippers.
The bathroom could have been cleaner as there was a hair in the bathtub. The walls and doors are very this and you hear other guests return to their rooms after they have attended functions at the hotel.
I have seen worse and I certainly have seen better hotel rooms in this category hotel.

Breakfast: we opted for the prepay option and paid £9.50/person which seemed like a good deal for a hotel breakfast. However, we quickly realized that the standard provided at this hotel was far below what one would expect from a Holiday Inn (and we have stayed at quite a few).
It was not busy but there was no bacon available until I notified a member of staff. The full English provided is not of a bad standard but running out of bacon and hash browns whilst there being at least four members of staff present does appear a bit unorganized. There was a limited selection of cold cuts, yoghurt, cereals and pastries.
The restaurant was only at approximately 50% capacity when we had breakfast and two members of staff stood around chatting rather than clearing plates from tables. We were unimpressed.

Overall: as mentioned above we did order The Observer for the Sunday morning. There was no paper outside our door in the morning and we inquired at reception before breakfast and were told that the charge would be removed from the account. IHG Elite Gold members should receive a free morning paper.
The person who checked us out (a large woman) asked if we had a good stay and my partner said "it could have been better" to which she replied "I'm sorry to hear that" but she did not ask why it was not a good stay.
It does seem like there are organizational issues as the executive room did not contain robes or slippers and it took two visits to reception for the robes (but no slippers) to appear.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear SwedeAbroad,

Thank you for taking the time to give your review following your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

The kind of feedback you have provided is very useful and taken seriously in order for us to find solutions and deliver the best quality of service and hospitality to all our guests.

I would be interested to discuss this matter further with you, therefore, would it be possible for you to contact me via my email: gehan.eriyagama@ihg.com or call 0871 942 9009.

Kindest regards,