“Fantastic staff marketing a tired hotel but read on please”

Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7
Ranked #78 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
“Fantastic staff marketing a tired hotel but read on please”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

This is a great value stop over, it's a tired old Forte hotel but and it's a big but. The staff are first class and it's great value for a very clean room on a North to South stop over. As such I will carry on using it on a regular basis.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Guy C

Thank your for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

Your comments are very useful to us. I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will ensure that the staff are aware of your comments as they will find them encouraging.

We look forward to to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards
Gehan Eriyagama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed in one of the executive rooms here. I checked in very late but it wasn't a problem (tried to ring the hotel but no one answers the phone so left a message with central reservations who kindly passed on the message for me). The room was clean. I thought the hotel was good value and I'd stay here again. I found the front desk staff friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper I would recommend you don't stay on the ground floor (it wasn't a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Lou856

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments. Your information is very useful to us.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

On turning up at this hotel was pleasantly surprised at the shiny new looking reception area, bar and Starbucks banners. Only after checking in so you get to see the real product which is the accommodation which is tired and in need of renovation. Rooms were clean but the worst standard of decor of any Holiday inn I have ever stayed in.
Staff were very friendly and helpful and the reason for the Average review rather than poor overall. On departure I was asked by receptionist how I would score the holiday out of 5. I mentioned the quality of the rooms but understand without the chain throwing a few million at it this can't be helped at local level. She didn't disagree! If you want a nice room avoid this hotel, they really let down what seemed to be a good team.

Stayed December 2013
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Steddars,

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

I read your comments with interest and concern. I will however ensure that your feedback is passed on to the relevant channels. I hope that you may reconsider staying with us in the future and we are able to welcome you back.

Edinburgh
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Booked into executive room which was adequate.|Have stayed in better executive rooms in other hotels so don't be too disappointed. Be warned bathroom is tiny. The staff are friendly and welcoming. Reception area lovely and nicely decorated.
We did not have any meals so cannot comment on the food there, but the bar service was good and went on for as long as you did.
All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear SharonDEdinburgh,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind comments and useful feedback.

I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

What a welcome we were greeted by staff singing to the christmas songs. We booked on line and thought that we had booked a family room but they had no booking for this, this was dealt with straight away a manager just went off and sorted it for us straight away she was very helpful even giving us chocolate bars for the children, The hotel was clean, and breakfast was great. We will be back in 2014.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Susan C,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind comments.

I was delighted that the team were able to offer you to service that we hope for all our guests to receive. Your feedback will be communicated to the team, especially those mentioned. I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind regards,
South Wales, UK
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed one night here after a day shopping in Birmingham, and what a pleasant surprise. Reception staff extremely nice, and welcoming. Room was of a very good standard - no dust on picture frames, mirror frame, or headboard; no left overs under the bed; and, the bathroom was spotless. Bar staff made time to interact and make us feel welcome, and the health spa was and extra bonus - Jacuzzi, steam room, and sauna were all working and the area was clean. Only downside was the pool was a little cool, and shallow, and there were several children splashing and playing about, and the showers could do with an overhaul.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Neathguy68,

I was delighted that you had a great time and I am grateful for your kind comments which will be helpful to other guests considering our hotel and also for the staff.

I hope we are able to welcome you back very soon.

Kindest regards
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Decided to stay here given brand reputation - big mistake. The rooms are a bit tired as has previously been mentioned, but given the price not that bad. However, the service was appalling - 2 hours to be served a one course meal in the restaurant (when only 2 tables requiring service) and when we complained the manager told us that the staff had been busy talking to another guest because he was a regular.

Will not stay at a Holiday Inn again if I can possibly avoid it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ADocUk
Dear ADocUK,

On behalf of the team at the hotel I read your comments with concern and disappointment, and offer my sincere apologies.

May I please check if you had chance to speak to a Manager on duty on that evening? If not, I would be interested to discuss this matter further with you. I would be very grateful if you would contact me via my email: gehan.eriyagama@ihg.com or call 0871 942 9009.

Gehan Eriyagama

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels