“Stayed for function”

Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7
Ranked #68 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and went to the adult only New Year's Eve function. The stay was good value, especially as the drinks were included in the price of the function (wine not paritcularly drinkable though). The adult only celebration was good for most of the time and the food was good, but there were occasions that people from the family celebration were allowed in and took the dancefloor over. Having said that, I complained to reception and they were sent back to the restaurant were the family function was based. I do think the hotel should think about that if they are to offer two functions next year. If someone has booked and paid for an adult only function, they do not want to find the dancefloor has become a children's nursery at 7 minutes to twelve!! At least it was sorted by midnight.

The room was fine and the hotel well positioned - near the M6, but not with noise from it. We had asked for a queit room and got one. There were a couple of problems with the room but they were dealt with quickly and politely, so I do not consider them a problem. All the staff in the hotel were particularly polite, efficient and pleasant (appart from the person who was managing the New Year function as he seemed incapable of keeping out people who were not booked into the function).

There is a very good Indian restaurant over the road and a Harvester and another pub which does food nearby as well.

Overall I would have given a higher rating of the hotel if the function had been managed better.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear TringWirral,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your stay with us.

I am pleased that generally you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments are very welcome and useful to other future guests.

Your comments are very valuable to us and will be considered as we are currently in the process of planning events for the Christmas and New Years period for 2014. Your feedback will be taken on board as we can take them into account and learn from our guests.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Had a night here in between visiting Drayton Manor Park & Dudley Zoo. The room was nice with free wifi and we got to use the pool for free which was nice. The only thing that slightly bothered me was the restaurant where we seemed to get a really expensive menu whilst people around us were eating things that weren't on our menu at all. Saying that the food was nice but maybe not worth the price we had to pay......we didn't stay for breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Stefan H,

I will ensure your information is shared with the team and used constructively. I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Booked as appeared to meet specification for medium size conference. Had to sort various extras on the day as not standard. Wi-Fi a whopping £13 for 24 hours did not go down well with our guests on business. much better to include as standard within price. Conference room not cleaned and tidied in the morning from the day before. Food very average, all meals buffet style. On plus side is a pool and gym, clean, rooms OK. Location on M6. On busy housing estate with a few nice walks and runs outside but need to know area to find so use MapMyRun. My conference manager said on leaving "we won't be coming here again".

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Speigal,

On behalf of the team at the hotel I read your comments with concern and disappointment, and offer my sincere apologies.

May I please check if you had chance to speak to a Manager on duty on that evening? If not, I would be interested to discuss this matter further with you. I would be very grateful if you would contact me via my email: deena.welsh@ihg.com or call 0871 942 9009.

Deena welsh
Conference & Events Sales Manager

Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is a great value stop over, it's a tired old Forte hotel but and it's a big but. The staff are first class and it's great value for a very clean room on a North to South stop over. As such I will carry on using it on a regular basis.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Guy C

Thank your for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

Your comments are very useful to us. I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will ensure that the staff are aware of your comments as they will find them encouraging.

We look forward to to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed in one of the executive rooms here. I checked in very late but it wasn't a problem (tried to ring the hotel but no one answers the phone so left a message with central reservations who kindly passed on the message for me). The room was clean. I thought the hotel was good value and I'd stay here again. I found the front desk staff friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper I would recommend you don't stay on the ground floor (it wasn't a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Lou856

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments. Your information is very useful to us.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

On turning up at this hotel was pleasantly surprised at the shiny new looking reception area, bar and Starbucks banners. Only after checking in so you get to see the real product which is the accommodation which is tired and in need of renovation. Rooms were clean but the worst standard of decor of any Holiday inn I have ever stayed in.
Staff were very friendly and helpful and the reason for the Average review rather than poor overall. On departure I was asked by receptionist how I would score the holiday out of 5. I mentioned the quality of the rooms but understand without the chain throwing a few million at it this can't be helped at local level. She didn't disagree! If you want a nice room avoid this hotel, they really let down what seemed to be a good team.

Stayed: December 2013
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Steddars,

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

I read your comments with interest and concern. I will however ensure that your feedback is passed on to the relevant channels. I hope that you may reconsider staying with us in the future and we are able to welcome you back.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Booked into executive room which was adequate.|Have stayed in better executive rooms in other hotels so don't be too disappointed. Be warned bathroom is tiny. The staff are friendly and welcoming. Reception area lovely and nicely decorated.
We did not have any meals so cannot comment on the food there, but the bar service was good and went on for as long as you did.
All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear SharonDEdinburgh,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind comments and useful feedback.

I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,