“Busy, friendly but turned rooms”

Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7
Ranked #69 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Decent business hotel but rooms overdue an upgrade. When asked for my opinion at checkout I said the same and the reply was, 'everyone says that'. Come on holiday inn, spend the money. I've added more words to meet min characters

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Paul M,

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to the relevant channels as your comments are extremely valuable to us and taken very seriously.

I do hope that we may welcome you back and if you ever plan to visit the area in the future, please would you call our Reservations Department direct on 0121 386 7016 as I am sure they will be happy to upgrade you if at all available.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My room was downstairs and the bed was tiny as was the room, not worthy of a Holiday Inn standard really. It was dated and tired.

The hotel bar was fine as was the reception area etc, I think it was just my room on this occasion. I didn't eat in the restaurant but went across the road to the Harvester which was only 5 mins walk under the subway.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bintess
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear bintess,

I read your comments with interest and of course concern. I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to the relevant channels.

If you are ever planning to visit the area in the future, please would you call our Reservations Department direct on 0121 386 7016 as I am sure they will be happy to try and upgrade you if at all available.

Kindest regards, Gehan Eriyagama

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel was absolutely fantastic very accommodating to mine and my dogs needs. Staff very friendly and helpful. We stayed here for the Crufts show in Birmingham and had a fab time with a comfortable stay. Even when it was time to depart early the last morning the boys on reception went out of their way to grab us an early breakfast and coffee for our journey. Just what we needed for our journey back to the airport. Thankyou for a great stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Jexplore321,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed your visit and that the staff were able to give great service. I will ensure that a copy of your review is displayed for the staff to see, especially those mentioned in order that they are aware of your comments, as I am sure they will be greatly encouraged.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here to see Russell Howard at the NEC. Great location for it only 20 mins away along with a 15 min drive to the city centre for some shopping.

The hotel was great very nice looking reception with pleasant staff on the desk. Room was great. Nice and clean with a comfy bed and a choice if pillow firmness on request! Overall a great place to stay. Swimming pool seemed extremely popular with people as lot of people were talking about it!

Guy on the night shift letting us in after coming in late was extremely pleasant. :)

Overall a great place to stay. :)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear James W,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind comments.

I was very pleased that the team were able to offer you to service that we hope for all our guests to receive. Your feedback is very helpful and will be communicated to the team, especially those mentioned.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 March 2014

An easily accessible hotel from the M6, plenty of parking even when arriving late at night and efficient check in. This holiday inn should be modelled to others in terms of its customer service, friendly, efficient and highly interactive with its guests!
The room was spacious for a single room, furniture in fairly good condition, nothing worn out. Good amenities within the room, and bathroom a decent size.
A couple of minor issues which could be easily resolved;
- All other rooms in the hotel have 3 digits in them, e.g. 122 however the room I was in was seemingly the only 4 digit room number in the hotel which meant finding the room was a bit difficult as it came up on none of the directional signs!
- The shower curtain could have been more efficient, as even when pulled to the end of the bath it seemed to let out lots of water onto the bathroom floor.
- Lastly, wifi, why on earth it is not free even in public areas I don't know. The charge is extremely expensive, as if the hotel has suddenly thought it is a 5 star establishment with that kind of charge.

Overall a good and easy location hotel for a base which excells on its customer service thinking staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ollie1990
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Stefan H,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your stay with us.

I am pleased that generally you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments are very welcome and useful to other future guests. Our internet charges are charged at a rate that is competitive and compared to other hotels within the area.

Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and we will continue to monitor guest feedback to ensure we are competitively priced.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 March 2014

The hotel is fine, just what you would expect from Holiday Inns and their equivalent. My room was clean and comfortable and probably the only the thing that is required is free wi-fi; I was surprised that this was not available even in the public areas where lots of hotels offer this. The gym was great and the staff in there were lovely. Same as the reception and bar lads and lasses, just superb. Jane, too, seeing to our needs at breakfast (superb breakfast by the way, try the porridge!) couldn't do enough, so I had a smashing stay.What made the difference was the little touches that were such a pleasant surprise, like on Tuesday, we were able to celebrate Pancake Day as chef had made loads of them and they were at reception when you came in from work. With as many sweet toppings as you can think of too, it was a really nice thing to do. The next night has an Italian theme, so it was Rioja and canapes, again, all complimentary. All this aside, i would recommend the hotel; the location is excellent and I can say that even though I don't enjoy being away so much these day's my stay here was made more than tolerable. Thanks everyone, see you next week!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear thelizard1061,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that the team were able to offer you the service that all our guests deserve. I will ensure that your information is passed on to the team, especially those mentioned, as I know they will be encouraged by your comments.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
Gehan Eriyagama General Manager

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed Fri to Sun night. Hotel very convenient for motorway and my family. Booked a disabled room because I have MS but was disappointed to find that all the disabled rooms have a shower over a bath. No way I can lift my legs to use it! There is a hoist system installed above the beds and in the bathroom but as I have never used one I just used the big but shallow sink for a wash down and put my head over the bath while my husband washed my hair! Room was basic but clean, however the water never got more than lukewarm and the pillows were like house bricks!. BUT it's not all negative, I very much agree with other reviews the staff are all lovely! There was a big Indian party on the Saturday night, the music was very loud but although we were in the 1st corridor after the party, we couldn't hear a thing, the staff asked at breakfast if we had slept ok, glad to say we did. My husband was very impressed with the breakfast, all the food was excellent.Will stay again because it was so easy to visit werever we wanted from there but will shower at my daughter's!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vanessa c
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Vanessa C,

On behalf of the team at the hotel I read your comments with interest and also concern and offer my sincere apologies regarding your accessible bedroom.

May I please check if you had chance to speak to a Manager or a member of staff on duty at the time? As with regards to the hoist, there is always someone on duty to talk you through how to use this and also set this up for you id required.

If you ever plan to visit the area again, please contact our Reservations Team direct on 0121 386 7016 as they will be only too happy to help with your requirements before you arrive.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back again in the future.

Gehan Eriyagama

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Edgbaston
Ibis Styles Birmingham Hagley Road
Ladywood
Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7? Share your experiences!