“Absolutely fab”

Ranked #76 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fab”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

First of all the staff were excellent i got wet through and they offered me a towel,every memeber of staff would say good morning or afternoon,check in was great had our key within 2 mins. Breakfast was amazing with a huge range and pancakes my son loved the pancake machine and to top it all off after breakfast we went for a swim the children really enjoyed this,check out again very fast. I dont know how anyone can put this hotel down we had a fab stay. Oh and just one last thing the mattress was so comfy i want one for home.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear shazzersere,

Thank you for taking the time to give your kind and thorough review of the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

Your feedback is key if we are going to get to know our guests well and deliver the service they deserve. I am so proud of the level of service our team offered to you and we hope to see you again in the future.

Gehan Eriyagama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Took 10 minutes to get seen to at reception. Got to the desk and there was a lady standing and staring at a her screen, didn't even acknowledge me for at least a minute or so.
Eventually somebody came out to check me in.

Got to my room which was fine however the cable TV was absolutely hopeless and flooded the screen with adverts every time I tried to get a simple tv guide on screen!
Bed was very uncomfortable.

Went to the bar where it took 4, yes FOUR, people to work out how to take a simple credit card payment.
I ordered the hot dog; after 20 minutes of waiting the chef came out saying he'd like clarification and wanted to confirm I wanted a bun with my hot dog?!?

Very rude member of staff called Mario that seemed more occupied with carrying out other duties than helping guests.

Overall, pretty rubbish service!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Jackbtn,

On behalf of the team at the hotel I read your comments with concern and disappointment, and offer my sincere apologies.

May I please check if you had chance to speak to a Manager on duty on that evening? If not, I would be interested to discuss this matter further with you. I would be very grateful if you would contact me via my email: akmal.shahzad@ihg.com or call 0871 942 9009.

Akmal Shahzad
Operations Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Brilliant staff so friendly and approachable nothing is too much. Breakfast was very good well cooked and a wide range. Room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is situated very close to the Motorway so easy access to where ever you are visiting. The pool was good and the gym facilities great. What more could you want ?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Peter J,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that the team were able to offer you the service that all our guests deserve. I will ensure that your information is passed to the team as I know they will be encouraged by your comments.

We do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
Gehan Eriyagama General Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Pulled up outside to a dated building and thought oh know!! Inside all of the staff were fabulous especially those in the restaurant. With a 4 and a 5 year old they gave them colouring packs which they loved. The leisure facilities were great overall a great stay and only 20 mins from Cadbury World

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Chelsey M,

Castleford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is the the third time we have stopped here with a National Holidays break and its been just like the others ,friendly and helpful staff good food clean and comfortable rooms ,what more could you ask for.If ever i was driving around this area and needed an hotel i would not hesitate to use this one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear wezer123,

Your feedback is key if we are going to get to know our guests well and deliver the service they deserve. I am so proud of the level of service our team offered to you and hope that we can welcome you back very soon.

Uckfield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Travelling down the M6 and M5, I booked this, a seeming convenient budget hotel, in the right place. £39 for room only - excellent, and the room was large and very smart, with 60s maple furniture. Good bathroom too. Checking in was quick & efficient. I was offered breakfast at £7.99, which I refused, and was told in the morning it would be £14.99! Not Budget!
That evening, I wanted a glass of wine and something small / light / quick/ inexpensive, but the menu only had expensive things. So I had a large wine and starter size Caesar salad and fries on the side. They were all good. I saw someone having a cheese board, so I ordered one to take to the room, half for the evening and half for breakfast. The bill eventually came. The wine was £8.10! This make a reasonable cheese board at £5.75.
And service was added! Beware the drinks in Holiday Inns!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Caroline P

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

I was pleased that generally you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is very useful to us, always taken seriously and used constructively to make any changes where possible.

Please note that our pricing is competitive as compared to other hotels within the area and carried out via frequent marketing.

I do hope you will consider using us again as we look forward to welcoming you.

Kindest regards
Gehan Eriyagama, General Manager
preston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I booked with this hotel whilst visiting cadburys world, having chosen this based on location and price, I was pleasantly surprised with what the hotel had to offer. The room was clean, warm, well sized, comfortable, and value for money. The health club facilities were a bonus, the breakfast selection was also extremely good and the staff were very helpful and polite.
I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear PrestonMarriedcouple,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your stay with us.

I was delighted to learn that you had nothing but praise for the staff and had a lovely time whilst visiting Cadbury World. I will ensure that the team get to see your comments as they will be encouraged.

We are certainly not immune to our fair share of negative feedback, rightly so when we have failed to provide our visitors with the correct levels of customer service. This of course makes emails such as yours such a treat.

Again, thank you for your kind comments and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Yours sincerely,