“Very good location in excellent grounds”

Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7
Ranked #78 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
“Very good location in excellent grounds”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Chose executive rooms with breakfast included so at £81 for the two of it worked out a very reasonable price. Rooms very nice and clean, beds comfortable, big screen TV
Staff very friendly and breakfast selection excellent. Massive car park and set in very large grounds, had a very good feel to it. Ideal location just of motorway yet felt like you were out in the country side
The room upgrade well worth it
Will be going back again :)

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Formando
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Formando,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind comments.

I was very pleased that the team were able to make your stay so comfortable and you had a n enjoyable stay. I will ensure that your review is passed on to the teams as they will be encouraged.

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
Gehan Eriyagama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We spent one night at the Holiday Inn Birmingham, as part of a trip with our daughter to Drayton Manor and Thomas Land.

The hotel is conveniently located just off the M6 at J7 and provided us with a good base to prepare for our trip the following day.

Facilities are generally good at the hotel, though it's a shame there is no lift to access the bedrooms on the upper floors. Our room was very clean, tidy and comfortable and the bathroom, though in need of a little more attention around the tiles, was clean nonetheless.

The leisure facilities are a useful and welcome addition and may not be the most modern but are generally in good order. The changing rooms and showers could do with an upgrade soon.

Staff were friendly, courteous and helpful throughout so no problems there.

We enjoyed a hearty breakfast with a good choice of bread, pastries, fruit, cheese, fruit juices, cereals, hot cooked items and pancakes!

We will certainly visit again when we need a base in Central England or a stopover on a longer journey.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hi Wilmslow,

Thank you for taking the time to give your thorough feedback following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

I was pleased that generally your had an enjoyable stay with us and had nothing but praise for the staff. I will ensure that this is communicated, especially the Housekeeper as your information as this is very helpful to us.

I do hope that we may welcome you back in the near future.

Kindest regards, Gehan Eriyagama, General Manager
Falmouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

When ever I travel I have a problem I am disabled and in a wheelchair I require a Twin bedded room (my carer is my brother who I love dearly but don't want to share a bed with) and I also have a pet dog, so finding a hotel that can accommodate me is not easy.This Holiday Inn meets all my requirements except why do they and nearly all other full service Holiday Inns insist rooms have a bath I think most wheelchair guests would much prefer a wet room type shower most Holiday Inn Express Hotels seem to manage it..However I must say that the staff were very helpful and friendly and the food very good

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hi Derek1948,

Thank you for taking the time to give your thorough feedback following your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

Your information is very useful to us and will be communicated to the correct channels for any future renovation works, etc. I was delighted that the staff were accommodation and will also ensure that they are aware of your comments as they will be encouraged by your feedback

I do hope that we may be able welcome you back in the near future.

Kindest regards, Gehan Eriyagama, General Manager
Manchester UK
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Well its an old property which is in great need of a renovation, especially the rooms. Saying that it was reasonably clean and they do have aircon.

There is an upselling push at check in for dinner reservations which I don't mind but I was told by the receptionist that they expected the restaurant to be exceptionally busy that night. So I did book, to find the place less than 1/4 full all evening.

Please don't lie!

Restaurant food was generally underwhelming, reheated (badly) food service fayre. The restaurant staff started by being crazily over attentive, offering me the buffet (which I didnt want) 5 times! Then when I needed the bill they ignored me. Need some training there.

Anyway, OK for an overnighter if you are desperate but I wouldn't put my clients there. Not a great choice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Marraminga,

Thank you for raising your review following your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

On behalf of the team at the hotel I read your comments with interest and offer my sincere apologies.

May I please check if you had chance to speak to a Manager on duty on that evening? If not, I would be interested to discuss this matter further with you. I would be very grateful if you would contact me via my email: gehan.eriyagama@ihg.com or call 0871 942 9009.

Faversham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We arrived at the Holiday Inn Jct 7 for a one night stay after visiting Cadbury World, apprehensive after reading the other reviews on Trip Advisor, thinking they can't all be true, well unfortunately they were. We checked in and got a sarchastic comment about how much we had paid for the room, and told we cannot give you an alarm call, we had a power cut yesterday and the computer doesn't know what time it is, surely someone could have reset it, not a worry the mobile has an alarm, would you like a paper, no worries we'll have one. Given rough directions to the room and we trekked along corridor after corridor to find the room. The room itself was tired, very tired indeed, with numerous unidentifiable stains on the carpet and furniture, the tub chair I would say would keep a forensic scientist excited for at least a week, it was covered in stains and marks. We went to the swimming pool and yes it is very cloudy indeed (not an oxygenation problem as described but definately chemical!!) The changing rooms were disgusting, dirty towels overflowing everywhere, litter it was horrible!! After our swim we went to eat in Traders, the food was the saving grace for the hotel, it was hot, tasty and well presented, well done chef!! The dirty stained furniture however was a different story. Breakfast the next morning was hit and miss, the pancake machine which my daughter had been looking forward to using (as in other Holiday Inns we have stopped in) had been removed, with staff saying it had run out, and the toaster had shown signs of having been on fire with charring near the part you put the bread in, the coffee was stewed and tasted bitter, and the hot food was the last they were going to put out by the looks of it, I did not see it being replenished. On checking out the young female receptionist got our bill wrong and when we asked about our paper we got told its on the end of the counter, we dont take them to the rooms at weekends, our usual customers that are drunk take them away!! One bonus was we avoided the four coach trips that were in I suppose. Not the Holiday Inn experience I have had in the past or expect, the hotel is an old Forte Posthouse, but so are most of the others I have stayed in and they are clean, tidy, maintained, but most of all loved and invested in. I cannot say the same for this particular hotel.

2 Thank katysdaddy
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Katsdaddy,

On behalf of the team at the hotel I read your comments with concern and disappointment, and offer my sincere apologies.

Gehan Eriyagama

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Hotel with a party from National Holidays. The check in was very efficient and we received our pass key from a pleasant young lady who came on the bus.The room was excellent spotlessly clean and quite spacious. The evening meal was very good with sufficient choices to suit most appetites.Breakfast was excellent Buffet style ample variety for the most discerning. The service throughout our stay was first rate and I would not hesitate to return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kath H

Thank your for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

I was pleased that you had an enjoyable time and I am grateful for your kind comments which will be helpful to other guests considering our hotel and also for the staff. I will ensure that the team are aware of your review.

I hope we are able to welcome you back very soon.

Kindest regards
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Family stop over on a Friday night after a visit to Coventry for the day. Met by friendly reception staff who showed professionalism and smartness in their positions. Our family room was ready on arrival at 3.20pm. The room was very clean and comfortable.
We used the Spa and pool available to us. The whole family enjoyed the amenities, although the Jacuzzi water had way too much chlorine in it.
We had a dinner and breakfast package included with our room. Our dinner experience was excellent. Staff very tentative, great service and the food was superb. The only complain I have is how expensive the soft drinks were for the younger members of the family. Quite a shock when checking out.
We all had an amazing sleep and greatly enjoyed the breakfast the next day. One of the best hotel breakfast I have had in a while.
Checking out was easy, although the soft drink charges were a shock.
Every member of staff were polite, friendly and helpful.
Would without doubt stay at this location again. Would even drive the extra miles when up in the Midlands to stay specifically at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Dean F,

Thank you for taking the time to give your kind and thorough review of the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

Your feedback is key if we are going to get to know our guests well and deliver the service they deserve. I am very proud of the team here and I will ensure that they see your comments as they will find them encouraging. I hope to see you again in the near future.