Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Park Hotel(Birmingham)
View Hotel
All reviewsswimming poolhealth clubleisure facilitiesdrayton manorexecutive roomshort breaksat navbooked this hotelcooked breakfaststayed here for one nightsaturday nightfull englishyogurtmotorwaygymathleticsjacuzzi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Clean, comfortable and very friendly staff. Good food served at breakfast. One tip I would pass on is do not use the Taxi company the hotel phone for you. They ripped us off twice after the drivers realised we were visitors. All in all I recommend this hotel and we will use it again

Stayed: August 2014
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Nairnite09,

Thank you for taking the time to give your thorough feedback following your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay and had nothing but praise for the staff. I will ensure that your review is communicated to the team and thank you for your useful information which will be followed up. I do hope that we may welcome you back in the near future.

Kindest regards,
Gehan Eriyagama, General Manager

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed for one night on National Holidays break.Hotel is a little tired and could with an update. Check in was fast and efficient with staff pointing the way to your room. I was in room149 which was downstairs from reception but was quite bright with large windows overlooking a lawn. The room was small but big enough for me as I was on my own and the bed was very comfortable. The evening meal was buffet style with a choice of two hot meats (roast pork or beef stew)both of which were nice but let down by the vegetables(cold and undercooked). Breakfast was a lot better with the hot food being hot and tasty. The best thing about this hotel were the staff,they were very helpful and couldn't do enough to help especially the staff in the restaurant who were mainly teenage girls who seemed to be working during college holidays. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank EXGRANGE
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Exgrange,

I was pleased that generally you enjoyed your stay and had nothing but praise for the staff. We really do take aIl comments seriously, and we are disappointed when we fail to deliver, therefore I will be communicating your information to the relevant Managers, who I know will investigate further.

I do hope that we may welcome you back in the near future.

Kindest regards, Gehan Eriyagama, General Manager

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family and I stayed here on a busy Saturday night - a big birthday bash, a conference and lots of other families, so the hotel is doing well. All areas were fine for a hotel of this standard and price - check in was easy, receptionists very helpful, room was fine, and the leisure area was ok too. We had dinner booked in the restaurant but it looked like that had gotten lost so we said we would eat in the bar lounge area - not a problem, but the wait then did get too much, which would have been a problem due to all of us being very hungry, but the way that the waitress/bartender, Cat, dealt with it was exceptional and turned the situation around - having worked in catering for 25 years I know that this hotel should consider themselves very lucky to have her! She was then at breakfast the next day, smiling away and doing a great job, which is not easy when it's that busy!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear MalB1965,

Thank your for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

You information is very helpful to us and I will ensure that it is shared with the relevant Manager in order to investigate the matter. I will also ensure that Cat is aware of your comments as she will be greatly encouraged.

I hope we are able to welcome you back very soon.

Kindest regards
Gehan Eriyagama

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Just stayed overnight at this hotel. It was conveniently just off the M6 I did find it a bit difficult to find the sat nav took me somewhere else so beware! The bedroom needs a makeover very tired but very clean.
The service was really good from the reception to the bar and restaurant, nothing too much trouble. Food was really good. Breakfast a good variety no one could complain. I was at a conference and the facilities were extremely good we even had fresh smoothly shots delivered to us
I would stay here again and recommend it, despite the tiredness of the rooms. I would have given it a 3.75 for good if that was available

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear travelmad23,

I was pleased that generally you enjoyed your stay. I am grateful for your kind comments which will be helpful to other guests considering our hotel and also for the staff.

I hope we are able to welcome you back very soon.

Kindest regards
Gehan Eriyagama

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We arrived for a one night stay in a family room, reception seemed decent, but on arrival into the car park you could tell the hotel looked a little dated, but in we went. We got checked into our room but on route up the stairs there was dirty towels in the corridoors on the stairs that we had to step over, dirty bedding here as well, the room was ok, but the whole place is in need of a refurb, what you could see of the staircase the carpets were threadbare, paint peeling off the walls, the health suite was grubby, kids went into pool for 5 mins and wanted to come out, changing rooms grubby, the bed was the most uncomfortable one i have ever slept in, it sank into the middle when you turned over, the only one thing about this hotel that was ok was the breakfast, and i say ok as we had to stand and wait for more hot items to be brought out, meanwhile the ones you had put onto your plate were getting cold, so no i would not recomend this hotel to anyone, we stayed the following night at a premier inn, far better, clean ,modern, comfortable, premier inn all the way for me from now on.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GMHIM6J7, Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear 19sungirl69,

On behalf of the team at the hotel I read your comments with concern and disappointment, and offer my sincere apologies.

May I please check if you had chance to speak to a Manager on duty on that evening? If not, I would be interested to discuss this matter further with you. I would be very grateful if you would contact me via my email: akmal.shahzad@ihg.com or call 0871 942 9009.

Kindest regards,