“Lovely stay Coach trip with Leisuretime”

Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7
Ranked #76 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed overnight on the 24th June and would highly recommend this hotel
Rooms clean and comfortable
Evening meal and breakfast was very enjoyable
Staff very friendly and helpful, and the chap on the carvery was great
Would definitely stay here again, and would highly recommend the breakfast

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear PenarthJayne,

Thank you for taking the time to give your kind and thorough review of the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

Your feedback is key if we are going to get to know our guests well and deliver the service they deserve. I am so proud of the level of service our team offered to you and we hope to see you again in the future.

Thomas Armes

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel and room first çlass. Staff really good. However food was not at all good with veg not cooked and the pie I had tasted awful. Waiters were hard pushed and didn't have time to clear tables we had to ask. Restaurant manager must get a grip.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
GMHIM6J7, Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Mcjeep,

On behalf of the team at the hotel I read your comments with interest and was pleased that generally you had a comfortable stay with us.

May I please check if you had chance to speak to a Manager on duty on that evening? If not, I would be interested to discuss this matter further with you. I would be very grateful if you would contact me via my email: akmal.shahzad@ihg.com or call 0871 942 9009.

Akmal Shahzad
Operations Manager

Reviewed 23 August 2014

2 adults and 1 child stayed on Fri 22nd Aug 1 night with Cadbury World tickets £88. I booked this hotel as we attended an event at the Ricoh centre in Coventry and all hotels near the centre were fully booked. We decided to stay 1 night after the Insomnia event and visit Cadbury World the next day. Pre booked online. Arrived at 5pm, receptionist friendly (Asian young lady) but could not give me a resturant menu which I thought was weird. Room 353 - The room on first inspection was O.K, double bed with sofabed, desk, tea/coffee making facilities, bathroom with bath and shower complimentary bath foam and shampoo (apparently the bath foam is shower gel). The furniture is worn and slightly scuffed but no big issue.

We did have a problem with housekeeping. Phoned down to reception at 9pm as went to use ironing board and it was completely broke in half and stained something horrid (see photo's). Reception said they would send a new one up a.s.a.p. We explained that we wanted to go to bed and they said they would not be long. One hour later we were still waiting! In the end I gave up and phoned down to cancel it as we were going to bed. I tried to iron using the top part of the iron on the desk but it kept sliding around. Upon closer inspection I found dirty tissues on floor next to bin and used loom bands on carpet floor next to bed. Bathroom also had rust around fittings. Also in the literature stand there was a weird note left by previous guest and they had ripped a corner off of one notice and this was left (see photo). Housekeeping need to be more vigilant and spend 2 minutes inspecting the rooms.

Tried to sleep and was kept awake by 2 ladies next door giggling and laughing/talking until 2am! We complained at midnight and again around 1.30am. This is not the fault of the hotel as I praise them for their effort. They sent a member of staff up twice but these ladies ignored the staff's polite requests to keep the noise down. I was so frustrated and wanted to knock on their door as our 12 year old could not sleep. Really annoyed me and so rude and inconsiderate. Also heard a lot of doors banging until around midnight.

Friday night we did not eat in resturant but went to Harvester just down the road where have a lovely 3 courses for £9.99, delicious. Breakfast was good at the hotel, arrive early and you have an excellent choice of cereals, fruit juices, pastries, cold meats, fresh fruits, pancakes, toast and full English. My only negative point would be that instead of serving tea/coffee in a cup which gets cold. A pot of tea would have been better. I would of liked a top up but the waitress serves you a cup then you self serve the food yourself. After breakfast we sampled the spa - pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. Changing rooms and showers a little tired but nice facilities. Jacuzzi was so hot and you get complimentary towels. You need a pound coin for locker. Whizz machine to dry costume in changing rooms and an extra sauna in ladies changing rooms if you don't want to share with the men. Age for jacuzzi, steam room and sauna is over age of 5 which I thought was strange. What 6 year olds use a sauna? Surely for health and safety reasons should be over 12 or 16, just my opinion.

Large car park included in price which is good. This hotel is conveniently located for attractions and a budget option for 1 or 2 nights. The walls are paper thin and unfortunately we got little sleep. When we checked out we shared our concerns with Matthew who was a very chirpy friendly chap.

I would have given this hotel more if I didn't experience the noise from next door and the issue with the ironing board and housekeeping. Also price on wall when arrived for 1 night was £79, definitely not worth this make sure you book in advance for half this price!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear HelenBristol,

On behalf of the team at the hotel I read your comments with concern and disappointment, and offer my sincere apologies.

This is certainly not the usual level of service we offer our guests and in view of this I would be very grateful if you would contact me via my email: thomas.armes@ihg.com or call 0871 942 9009, leave your telephone number and I will be only to happy to call you back.

Thomas Armes

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Stay for two nights for a wedding. Reception messed up bòoking for disability room and standard rooms. My 90 year old mother and aunt had two difficult nights in a standard room. Rooms were not to a high standard dusty bath needs a good scrub. The beds were the worst cheap and uncomfortable.
The rooms were cold as the temperature has dropped and heating system is centrally controlled to come back on in October.
The hotel does not offer portable heaters for guest in a emergency situation.
The hotel does not provide a wheelchair for guest use.
On the positive side staff are very friendly and helpful. Well trained in this area.
Waiters need to learn how to serve guest without leaning over our meals one nearly had his sleeve in my soup.Also would prefer if they used the cup handles when serving instead of holding it by the top. Also the hotel need to invest in some new cups
On the whole the wedding we
enjoyed the wedding but will not be returning to the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear ShelleySims,

Akmal Shahzad
Operations Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel has by far the best customer service I have ever experienced. Better than five star hotels I've stayed in! So friendly, helpful and welcoming they are truly this hotels best asset.
The room was small as expected, nicely done though and very comfortable. Housekeeping even brought me a toothbrush and toothpaste free of charge when I realised I had forgotten mine!
Swimming facilities were lovely and the food in the restaurant was superb. Best sirloin steak I've had in a while!
I'm looking forward to going again.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank RaychBellamy
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear RaychBellamy,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that the team were able to offer you the service that all our guests deserve. I am really proud of the team here and will ensure that your information is passed on to the team, especially Housekeeping, as I know they will be encouraged by your comments.

We do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
Gehan Eriyagama General Manager

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Whilst dealing with the holiday Inn, m6 Junction 7, I was given great support from the events team who were super friendly and a joy to be involved with. The menu in the restaurant had a wide choice of meals and sides to choose from; as I am local I would come to this hotel just to eat as the food they served was spot on.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 512Whitehouse
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear 512Whitehouse,

I was delighted that the team were able to offer you the service that all our guests deserve. I will ensure that your information is passed on to the all departments, especially the Events Team, as I know they will be encouraged by your comments.

We do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
Gehan Eriyagama General Manager

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed for an overnight en route from south to north on business. Very convenient just off the motorway junction, although i had a little trouble finding it as my sat nav became confused. Just what you would expect for a functional business hotel offering good prices. Well presented overall and very helpful and pleasant staff.
One small point - i was upgraded to an Exec room and it could have been hoovered better - some bits of tissue not swept up on the carpet.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Colin W,

Thank you for taking the time to give your thorough feedback following your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and had nothing but praise for the staff. I will ensure that this is communicated, especially to the Housekeeper as your information will be taken seriously and helpful to her.

I do hope that we may welcome you back in the near future.

Gehan Eriyagama, General Manager