“Christmas Day”
Review of Robin Hood Toby

Robin Hood Toby
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Birmingham
Robin Hood Toby
Ranked #98 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
“Christmas Day”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Went Christmas Day for a 3course meal and I must say it was lovely. The bar area was jam packed when we got there and was extremely noisy but when we went through to our table it was a lot calmer. Staff was lovely and in high spirits. Food was nice, meats were very well cooked and even my 83 year old mother in law couldn't find fault with it. Was a relaxing way to spend our Christmas Day, as we were on the last sitting we didn't feel rushed. Would go again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Refurbishment, change of staff.!!!!!!!!!!!!
A retrograde step. When I asked the waitress what selection of bitters was available, she replied "Stella". I tried to explain that there is a difference between bitter and lager, but was unable to make her understand. Lack of training. My wife had the carvery which she said was good. I asked for ham salad. The plate was covered with sliced lettuce to a depth of over 1 1/2 iches, more than enough for 4 servings. The accompanying salad, onion, cucumber, tomato etc was minimal. 2 small slices of very thin ham. Dressing was not noticeable. Served without roll and butter. When I questioned the amount of lettuce and the minimal accompaniment, the waitress agreed it was out of proportion and poor value, but the make up of the salad was as laid down by head office and had to be followed. Not going back again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I visit this carvery at least once a month, and have done so for a number of years.
The staff are always welcoming. The restaurant is away from the bar, so nice and quiet. Well set out with plenty of room. Ideal after a long day to let someone else take the strain and then home for a quiet evening. Always a good selection of veg. Meat? turkey, ham, beef and pork. Wouldn,t normally recommend a carvery because it needs several visits to be assured that quality and service are constant. this is certainly the case with the Robin Hood. See the website: beleive it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Midlands
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We visited here as a group of 20 of us for a Birthday celebration with the family in the restaurant and I was disappointed at how the place had gone down since my previous visit. The Staff in the carvery in my opinion seem to lack any interest in what they are doing. On top of this they have inherited the "up-sell mentality" you get when you visit McDonald's which really doesn't work in this sort of place. The Chef concentrates so hard on cutting the meat so thin at the carvery you can nearly see through it! This is why the queues are so big! This to me really is penny pinching beyond belief, the meat cut is way too thin and it was the same on my last visit! It was very warm in the area where we were sat yet it wasn't until the end of the meal that they turned the air conditioning on to an extremely cold level, I got the impression this was so we cleared the tables quicker as they wanted us out as others were waiting to get in! Not good really and in my opinion a devious ploy to get us out! They have even got the Chef in on the act of "Up-selling" as well by asking if you want a larger plate and then when he hands it to you he says "that's an extra £1.50" The mashed potato looked like pure mush and was very watery! Overall not impressed at all with the service or the paper thin meat.

Room Tip: Not applicable