“George Benson gig”
Review of Symphony Hall

Symphony Hall
Ranked #2 of 293 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Birmingham's world-famous acoustically refined 2262 capacity concert hall presents a diverse programme of jazz, world, folk, rock, pop and classical music concerts, organ recitals, spoken word, dance, family, educational and community performances each year, as well as conferences, graduation ceremonies, business meetings and major broadcasts.Symphony Hall is managed alongside sister venue Town Hall, by the registered charity Performances Birmingham Ltd, and is home to the Birmingham International Concert Season and the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We like the Symphony Hall and the facilities are excellent but on our most recent visit the aircon needed to be turned up - the hall was packed and it was a very warm evening too.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,335)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The staff were very polite- they directed me toward the relevant areas in a polite, conversational manner. I stopped for drinks at the cafe inside where my drinks were lovely and the atmosphere lively. overall a lovely venue (and the music was gorgeous too!!!)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Excellent event - ran smoothly. The staff were excellent. The Open University did a great job. Walking through from Broad Street you will come across Brindleyplace which is great for eating and drinking.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Wonderful place and very helpful staff. Saw Neil Finn in concert eXcellent seats, sounds and view. Neil was excellent as usual.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I recently went to concert here with my friend, not sure what to expect as not what I considered a normal concert venue. I had not visited the venue for many years but I was totally wowed by the timeless beauty , the sound and acoustics are great and the venue is small enough to make it feel intimate.The seating is cleverly thought out with great undisturbed views from everywhere. My friend and I were lucky enough to sit in the front row of the tiered balcony, we had great view and I was surprised how close we felt to the stage. The bar/drinks area is a little lacking in style and could probably do with a little re-vamp, but given the ques the service was quite swift. A great venue bang in the middle of Birmingham's night life, but feels like a million miles away from the madding crowds !. Definitely worth a visit.