“Small but great 4D cinema.Pricey if not on an offer.”

National Sea Life Centre
Ranked #25 of 278 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive and be wowed by the many strange, beautiful and fascinating creatures of the deep as you journey through the amazing underwater world of The National SEA LIFE Centre Brimingham. Prepare for astonishing close views of everything from humble starfish to tropical sharks. To get any closer you'll have to get wet!
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Small but great 4D cinema.Pricey if not on an offer.”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I have visited the sea life centre 4 times in the past 18months as its a good way to spend a rainy day in Birmingham. The exhibits aren't regularly updated but it's nice to look at the vibrant colours and learn facts about the various under water environments. The key attraction here has to be the 4D cinema, it lasts about 10 minutes but is a brilliant sensory experience so long as adults with young children who scare easily would not take them into the exhibit. You can walk around very quickly as has been pointed out so perhaps not ideal for the 'do something' people, nice to take the time to wander around. I would never pay full price admission as its not worth it for the size of the attraction. Always look out for the readily available discount offers.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Harriet M

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Dark waters in the afternoon..!”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We went last august (2011) Our tickets were cut-price, due to the recent riots keeping most people away.
If you take your time it can be a nice 2 hours or so, Certainly plenty to see in the large tanks.
Unfortunately some of the fish are very hard to see in the dark area's of the centre, but plenty of sealife to keep you interested.
The souvenir shop was way to expensive for most people.
Finally The "Hall of mirrors" room was mindblowing & not to our taste, but i bet the children love it.

Visited August 2011
Swansea, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“£18 per Adult for 30 minutes?”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn on the 19th May 2012, sunday morning we were strolling down along the canal and noticed this place, being both animal lovers we decided to go in and have a little look. I maybe Naive but I thought it would be around £10 per person maximum.

Pricing was not advertised very well inside so I went up to the counter and asked for two admissions, I was astonished when the chap said "£36 please", it felt like I had been punched in the stomach!

So after the open wallet surgery, we started to wonder around. The fish and stuff are great as is the mirrored room and glass aquarium tunnel. Unfortunately due to being extortionately charged earlier slightly earlier I couldn't get this sick feeling out of my stomach which definitely marred the experience.

Then before you know it (approx 25 minutes) its all over, very short display and £36 lighter. I would not recommend this to anyone quite frankly, even with these "Buy one Get one free" tickets I hear are easily available, it would still be expensive at £9 per head. Very poor value for money.

Did I mention it cost £36!?!?

Visited May 2012
Stone, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great for adults with or without kids”
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

We visited as a family with an under 3 who get in for free. We had a voucher so it was half price - make sure you look up a voucher as full price would be a lot.

They had many animals and all seem well cared for! You can touch a few animals with the keepers. The short 4D film is prett decent.

All in all great place to go when the sun is hiding!

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a rainy day”
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

If you've visited a sea life centre before, you'll know what to expect- lots of aquariums. The variety here is great, but only really worth the cost if you have 2 for 1 vouchers (which are easily available from numerous sources).

The final part- a walk-through aquarium tunnel was very special. Incredibly memorable. Children- especially older ones- would love this place.