“great afternoon out”

National Sea Life Centre
Ranked #25 of 283 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive and be wowed by the many strange, beautiful and fascinating creatures of the deep as you journey through the amazing underwater world of The National SEA LIFE Centre Brimingham. Prepare for astonishing close views of everything from humble starfish to tropical sharks. To get any closer you'll have to get wet!
birmingham
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“great afternoon out”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had a brilliant afternoon at the Sealife centre. Yes, it was busy (August and loads of families) but the staff were helpful and friendly and although we were part of a queue around the attractions we didn't feel that we had to move on. Highlights: penguins having a good time, the squid coming out and looking at us, very friendly rays and stroking a starfish!!!! This was an amazing experience. It felt like one of the pink sugar coated marshmellows sweets - totally not what I expected. I hope he didn't mind being stroked. Walking through the aquarium glass tunnel was an awesome experience - like being under the sea - the sea turtle was massive. Downside - none. No food available but hey ho Brum is outside the door and and loads of dinner opportunities, For a Merlin attraction there was a decided lack of other ways to get your money and the shop had lovely, special things to buy should you feel the need. I recommend this attraction because it is unique in the Midlands, is a learning experience and is good value for money.

Visited August 2014
SLC_Birmingham, Public Relations Manager at National Sea Life Centre, responded to this review, 3 October 2014
Hi there and thank you for taking the time to review your visit!

I'm really pleased you had a great time and enjoyed seeing our range of amazing underwater creatures, stroking a starfish and seeing our awesome rays. We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the National SEA LIFE Centre again soon!

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
3 attraction reviews
“Good fun but try and get a deal on the admission”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

A good day had by us. The penguins by far were the favourite part! We managed to get a deal on the admission through wowcher. I don't think it's worth the full price admission fee. It has a lot for you to see and it can get crowded. A cafe inside by the soft play would be a good idea. We had our hand stamped, went to the local pub for lunch and then returned to go round again. We had 2 very happy boys (aged 6 and 2) who want to go again!

Hi there and thank you for taking the time to review your visit!

I'm really pleased you had a great time and enjoyed seeing our range of amazing underwater creatures, our new Gentoo penguins in particular! We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the National SEA LIFE Centre again soon!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Excellent 4D show!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We attended the centre with some friends which included a 7 yr old and a 13 yr old. I was expecting a queue as I have not pre booked. I only queued for 10 mins (it had not long opened), I used the Kelloggs promotion voucher where the adult is free when accompanied by a full paying adult or child. I found it was still expensive for the admission fee and when queried about it I was told it was all a fixed fee ie there was not adult or child price!

The highlight of the visit was the short 10 mins 4D film from Happy Feet and a visit from Moshi Monster which was not advertised.

Hi there and thank you for taking the time to review your visit!

I'm really pleased you had a great time and enjoyed seeing our range of amazing underwater creatures and particularly enjoyed the 4D cinema! We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the National SEA LIFE Centre again soon!
London
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We joined the ques wich is looong and then it was expensive and then we saw most of it quik because it was a confine place and my sisster is clostrovabic and they have also got a 4d cinema and otters and the gift shop is big and you cancer Timmy off Timmy time

1 Thank Dudkidk
Hi there and thank you for taking the time to review your visit!

I'm really pleased you had a great time and enjoyed seeing our range of amazing underwater creatures. We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the National SEA LIFE Centre again soon!
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Ocean life in Brum!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Visited the Sea Life Centre yesterday, i have been there quite a few times and I do admit not much has changed, however each time you're drawn into the depths of marine life, exploring thousands of various creatures. The tunnel could be larger but the fact that you have a shark swimming over you, is a fantastic experience within itself. For a city to deliver the ocean at your doorstep, you really can't ask for more.