“A pleasant meal before a theatre visit.”
Review of Jamie's Italian

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #173 of 2,251 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
staffordshire
“A pleasant meal before a theatre visit.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Visited here with my wife Glenys before going to see Dawn French at the Alexander Theatre.
The atmosphere was excellent-professional but very relaxed which is just what we wanted. The menu was extensive with something for everyone. How people can say it is overly costly I cannot understand. The food was served quickly and the portions where just nice. Our waiter was helpful and did not hurry us to make our selection. He got my soft drink order wrong but relaced for free even though I frank the bottle I had not ordered. Well recommended if you going somewhere afterwards. Dawn French was excellent and rounded off an very good night for us both.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
“You're paying for the name.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Food was ok but the price was ridiculous & the quality of the food did not justify it, you could easily get a better meal at somewhere like Pizza Express & pay nearly half the price. If you're big into Jamie Oliver then go but if you're not fussed don't bother as all you're doing is paying for the name.

Visited September 2013
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The restaurant is in a great location and looks superb. Food and drink is well priced. Jamie's own beer tastes amazing and is a must try. Food was excellent and well presented. I would recommend to everyone and will be going back soon.

• Visited May 2014
Stafford
“Staff were great. Food nothing special.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have always wanted to dine at a Jamie's italian restaurant. I never thought I would ever experience eating there. So I was really excited when my husband treated me. However, the menu was quite limited and not much choice.
The house wine was £7.25 a glass way overpriced! The bruschetta starter was divine. Really tasty with loads of flavours. I ordered the prawn linguine which was very bland with only 5 prawns. My Husband ordered the pork ragu off the special board which he enjoyed. Staff were brilliant and really friendly. Glad I have experienced Jamie's but unfortunately don't think we would visit again.

London, United Kingdom
“Jamie's TV recipes are pucker but his restaurants are a disaster!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

After a long day visiting Birmingham town from London, we were starving and friends finally decided to go with a name that we can all trust...Jamie's!

Decided on a variety of starters, the worst one of which was the nachos. If you are wondering how can anyone get nachos wrong? Well, when we complained it was explained to us that they use their pasta to make the nachos, spiral and hard nachos! Seems the pasta that is left over is fried and hey presto...you have nachos! There was a table next to ours, where one of the ladies had the nachos as a main meal and it was sad to see, she left her plate and had to share her friend's meal instead.

One of us ordered pasta for the main and guess what...yes, it was the same pasta added to a tomato sauce. It was bland and our complaint seem to fall on deaf ears, so much for customer service! Have tried Jamie's in St Albans and had the seafood platter there, it was simply awful and expensive. Thought would give his restaurants another go.

Think Jamie's recipes are amazing, I am a true fan. Such a shame that devotion is lacking in his staff that he trusts to work for him. Jamie, make it pucker!

2 Thank sonia_in_london2012