“no problems”
Review of Tyburn House

Tyburn House
Ranked #1,676 of 2,251 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: European
Description: It's a sizzling inn pub with restaurant.
Description: It's a sizzling inn pub with restaurant.
birmingham uk
“no problems”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I dont know what these people want but we went on Thursday 10 th and we found rhe staff were very helpful , and and the food was as good as you get in a pub lunchtime.We had the gammon and it was good .The prices are very cheap , you get what you pay for.You cannot excspect the ritz

• Visited July 2014

“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The decor was dated, the pub was dirty, the service was poor and the food was awful. We popped in for Sunday lunch and there were a handful of people but were told there was a 30 minute wait. We decided to wait and 55 minutes later the food arrived, well one meal did - the other was another 5 minutes. I had surf and turf with a jacket potato. The steak was tough and overcooked (I asked for medium and it was well done) and the potato was clearly microwaved. Some one cleverly put the butter (still wrapped) in the potato so it was a lovely mess ... and I didn't want butter anyway. The scampi was the only decent thing on the plate. My partner had the half a roast chicken with chips - the chips were soggy and tasteless and the chicken really dry. Nobody asked if the food was any good (surprise). The first and last time for us at this dive!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Bibbmeister
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“poor all round”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Unacceptable delay in serving food. When served it had to be returned as it was 'Cold and undercooked'
Price on menu included drinks (two pints) had to pay £2 extra don't know why.
Avoid if you don't want poor food and bad service.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank lesley B
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Sizzle”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

This is part of a chain so didn't expect much. Went for max gammon. Came cooked to perfection. Large portions and a pint for under a tenner. Great stuff.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dirty cook”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

I popped in on the way home for a bite to eat one afternoon,I thought the bar staff was good at there job,,very efficient very polite,I sat down and waited for my meal but when it came I seen the chef walk out the kitchen and I was horrified,she looked dirty,as if her uniform had never seen a washing machine or iron for months.i would pop in for a drink again but never a meal again...

1 Thank S17lko