“Great”

SHABAR BALTI RESTAURANT
Ranked #143 of 2,323 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 4 Arden Oak Road Sheldon Birmingham B26 3LX Tel: 0121 742 0636 Fax: 0121 742 3311 Opening Hours Monday - Sunday 5.30pm to Midnight Including Bank Holidays
Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

I've been going to this restaurant last 5 years.i love garlic chili king prawn Bhuna massala love this dish.ive been to so many places but never tasted such a flavoured dish anywhere else.
I love this restaurant. They always welcome you with open arms. The service is second to non, and the food is so delicious you do not want it to end.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, and everyone.

6  Thank Makthum

Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

Shabar Balti is the best balti/curry house i have ever been to. The staff are really friendly and are very quick to serve and help you. I live in Cardiff but my parents live in bham .when i visit them i make special visits to go and eat there. Truly wonderful.I had tandoori king prawn tawa naga .i never had such a tasty dish anywhere in my life .will go back when I will visit Bham again.thnx all

5  Thank Arron69
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Sami.
As someone who loves the Indian cuisine I regularly visit various Indian restaurants, not every restaurant provides the complete package of excellent food, service and overall experience, but I have to say that at Shabar the whole experience was top quality. From the greetings to the environment it was a place where you felt very welcomed and relaxed. Upon the visit with my 3 friends we ordered a variety of dishes including tawa naga, karahi gost, murgi masala and chicken tikka chilli balti. These dishes had been a waiter’s recommendation, I don’t usually trust the waiter’s recommendation but he assured us that these dishes are something special and we would not be disappointed. The arrival of our food was prompt and I was pleasantly surprised with the taste, although I have had these dishes elsewhere the taste here had a refreshing and affluent flavor. Also the chilis were effectively utilized within the curies, something which is a bit of a rarity in many restaurants. Throughout the meal the waiters kept us amused and were always at hand to cater for our needs. We thoroughly enjoyed the food the company of the staff, the environment and in the context we were happy with the price we paid as it was well worth it. I will defiantly be returning to Shabar and will also recommend to anyone who enjoys good food and atmosphere.

5  Thank Sami R
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I live local to Shabar and was one of the first visitors upon its opening 20 years or so ago. The food was good, so good in fact, that I was once a regular customer attending twice a week!

Then the change of ownership came about and in '2000' expansion and huge popularity.
Unfortunately thats where it all started to go wrong! As more customers came the staff could not cope with the demand and so they cut corners and started to 'part cook' many meals ready for reheating at times when the restaurant was busy. Customer service also became non exsistent as owner(s) priority was more customers and greed!

Due to the aforementioned quest by the restaurant owners greed and lack of food hygiene I unfortunately ended up with food poisoning, the dreaded Camplyobachter virus which is spread by people not washing their hands after going to the toilet or poorly cooked chicken!

Since this fateful event I have not stepped foot in this restaurant and never will. There are far better restaurants further up the A45 to choose from and restaurants that I cannot speak highly enough about.........My personal recommendations and based on my own very high standard of expectation and they are -;
Varsha - Excellent fresh food and very modern and proffessional restaurant.
Jilabi - Superb food, Excellent attention to service and very reasonable prices!......it is also always very busy!!

Try either one of the above and you will not go wrong!!

1  Thank Nosher2020
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I haven't eaten in here for a while but it is always busy. I usually have to wait quite a while for a takeaway despite coming at the time they told me, but the food is generally good, sometimes too bland for my liking.

2  Thank pmealia