Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West
HIExpress.com
US$78
US$66
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnational holidaysevening mealleisure facilitiessports massagefull englishsteam roomrestaurant staffbusiness tripan overnight staytea and coffeegymanitabirminghamtreatmentwestmotorwayshoulder
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed here for two consecutive working weeks. Both times I was allocated a room on the third floor, the first one I was given one overlooking the roof of the kitchen with all the aircon/extraction units which were noisy, so I asked the Reception staff for a different room. After initially saying there were none I was then given a room on the opposite side of the same corridor which was quieter. Although the bathroom had not been refurbed it still did have a bath (the newer versions have been taken out and replaced with a large shower). However the electronic safe did not lock and despite reporting it twice it was not fixed - the maintenance man just put a folded piece of paper under the safe door to keep it from swinging open! The second week I was allocated a room 312, only 3 doors away from my previous one, however this room is noisier as it is nearer the M5 and is to be avoided if you require wi-fi as the signal is almost non-existent. On reporting to Reception I was told that room and the one next door are notorious for it and had been reported to the ISP for them to investigate. I asked if there was another room but unfortunately the hotel was full, however James, the very helpful receptionist, said that if I brought my laptop down to the foyer he would help me get online and proceeded to provide me with a large glass of wine on the house, a lovely gesture for the inconvenience; James was always friendly and more than happy to help and I hope the hotel management recognise this. The hotel has a pool and a gym, both are small and extremely busy at peak times; take a towel from your room as they are not provided down there unless you pay 50p. Food wise I can only comment on breakfast which offers a good selection of hot and cold items on a buffet basis and starts at 6.30 so is ideal for business travellers requiring an early start.

Room Tip: If you want a good wi-fi signal avoid 310 and 312.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Jason M, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent two week stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read overall you enjoyed your stay and that my team did everything they could to make you as cofortable as possible. I will investigate your comments regarding the WI-FI and issue with the in room safe and ensure these issues are corrected.
I was pleased to read James looked after you and will ensure he is rewarded for his excellent customer care. Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Great hotel. Very clean, staff amazing, couldn't do enough for you. Gerry on reception was wonderful, so friendly, even took time out for our 7yr old son, as was her daughter in the restaurant. Food was superb both off the menu and the buffet. Pool was good with spa pool, steam room and sauna. Will definitely go back

Room Tip: Room on ground floor next to the gym and pool
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you ball71 for your five star review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to see you had an enjoyable time and we look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Hi, Recently stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks. Made to feel very welcome and have very good facilities. Rooms are in good condition and are well looked after. The Pool/ Gym area are good and staff are very friendly and helpful. Only minus point is wi fi not great on the lower floors. Ask for 3rd or 4th floor and it seems a lot better. Very close to Motorway with easy access but still quiet. Excellent breakfast and staff very helpful. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Was in 2 rooms 137 and 307. 137 slightly bigger but wi fi better in 307. Both rooms were in good condition and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your five star review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your two week stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Dirty, run down, mouldy room. Hotel was totally empty - so why were we allocated such an awful room? We had planned to eat breakfast at the hotel - but after seeing the dirty/mouldy room we didnt want to imagine what the kitchen was like! so didnt eat a think and the hotel! and couldnt leave quick enough! Dont waste your money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Jason M, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel. I was very disappointed to read the experience you encountered at the hotel and apologise for the poor standards you encountered on this occasion. I have inspected the bedroom you were allocated today and have removed it from sale to eradicate the issue you encountered and improve the standard of the room.
I will contact you directly to discuss your stay further and once again thank you for review.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

The discounted B&B price was acceptable and the location good to avoid most of the problems of getting to an appointment in Birmingham with the traffic around Birmingham being horrendous. To be honest its really only a business or convenience hotel but having said that facilities are good. I would prefer to stay somewhere else. Nothing wrong except the location. Clean & tidy has acceptable food, room really quiet despite being right next to the Motorway (check the window is fully closed) I changed my room and both handles were not closed properly leaving the window slightly open - likely the cleaner). To get a good temperature in the room you need to be an expert on setting air-con units. 2 rooms two very different settings.

I had a burger in the restaurant at £8-95 and a bottle of beer at £3-50 it was a little expensive for what it was. Service was OK but the waitress had trouble with English. Its only 5 minutes to McD's - quality about the same as the restaurant. There are a lot of better restaurants within driving distance especially if you want an Indian, its the area for a good one. Next time I'll be more adventurous

Room Tip: The motorway side is slightly noisier but acceptable to all but the lightest sleeper, I am a light sleeper and it was acceptable. If you a really light sleeper ask for the non motorway side
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Man_o_Kent
Jason M, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and although location not ideal for yourself, it is indeed perfect for avoiding the morning traffic into Birmingham.
I will certainly look at the lack of instructions within the rooms in regards to controlling the heating system and make some improvements to make the systems easier to operate.
I was sorry to read you did not overally enjoy your restaurant meal and will address your comments with my team.

Once again thank you for your valued feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.