All reviews national holidays sports massage massage therapies post code leisure facilities sauna and steam room cadbury world full english business trip restaurant staff one night stay an overnight stay anita gym motorway nec
Reviewed 28 July 2015

I spent two nights in a very comfortable clean room with adequate shower and toilet facilities. The quiet room on the second floor was warm and had good TV coverage and an electronic key that worked every time. Throughout the hotel the staff were courteous and helpful, Breakfast was excellent with a wide choice. The published restaurant menu looked interesting but my host had restricted my dinner to a somewhat disappointing meal. As a driver I drink soft drinks and £4 for a diet Pepsi was way too expensive causing my friends and I to find a local public house on the second night. A real plus was the posting on to me the wash bag I left in the bathroom. No quibble and received within 24 hours of my reporting it lost. Again the staff were just the best.

Room tip: Room 432 was fine for single occupancy. Although a double bed it would have been a bit cosy with two people in the room.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 41michaelo
Jason M, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2015

Thank you Michael O for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read overall you had an enjoyable & comfortable stay and found the team to be very helpful. I'm glad that we were able to forward on your lost possessions promptly following your departure and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2015

Firstly had to walk through 9 people smoking in the entranceway..not a great start
Has potential but everything is such hard work from getting served at bar to waiting for redemption staff to stop chatting even though they have noticed you

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank garry d

Thank you garry d for your feedback following your recent stay, I will certainly look into your comments regarding some of the service deficiencies you encountered and ensure the necessary improvements are made and look forward to seeing you back again very soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2015

Went by National Holdays to see Neil Diamond at the NEC. Driver Keith was great, had to get on one coach and off at sunderland to get on another coach at sunderland as the driver had got back last night too late to drive from Newcastle. That was ok, we then arrived at the Park Inn to be told that National holidays had struck again and had not informed the hotel that we had asked for 2 walk in showers and two rooms next to each other on the lowest floor due to disability. The Hotel soon found rooms for the 4 of us, they were really helpful. The room was nice, but 4 of us had to use one walk in shower in one of the rooms. The hotel seemed really nice, a bit dated but ok. We had a nice meal, then we went to the coach to the NEC. The coach parked in the coach park and we had to walk about half a mile to the venue, which was a nightmare as 3 of us have walking difficulties. We got there and got our tickets when NATIONAL HOLIDAYS HAD STRUCK AGAIN. They hadn't booked tickets that they had promised us, I suffer really bad claustrophobia, and with the walking difficulties we required disabled area seats, The tickets that we got was in the middle in one of the blocks.
They then gave us a seat at the end of an aisle. The concert was brilliant, with Neil Diamond singing non stop for over 2 hours. Excellent. But then we had the walk back to the coach, I was nearly crying when I got back to the coach. We then stayed over night in the hotel, which was very comfortable. We got up to breakfast and had to be there at 8am as someone was told although breakfast was from 8 till 10, we need to be there by 8am as we may not get any food. The dining room was in pure chaos, with over 30 people in the queue for the hot food, queues for the tea and coffee and queues for the toast. Everyone was everywhere. Very disorganised. Breakfast was nice especially as it was self service too. So then we got on the coach and went home Stratford upon Avon where the coach park was a major walk from the city centre. So we just had coffee etc at local leisure centre. From there on everything went well...apart from the thoughts of National Holidays getting everything wrong as usual. Nothing is ever straight forward with National Holidays, and if you try to complain to them I would expect a decent apology. Hopeless

Room tip: Room 435 doesn't have side lights so try another room.lol
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you Lisa g for your review following your recent stay at the hotel, I was pleased to read overall you had a pleasant stay at the hotel despite some issues with your tour operator and that we were able to quickly rectify the issue with your rooms request and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2015

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
Jason M, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2015

Reviewed 19 July 2015

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
Jason M, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2015