All reviews national holidays sports massage leisure facilities sauna and steam room cadbury world full english walk in shower business trip one night stay an overnight stay anita gym motorway nec
Reviewed 11 May 2016

I Choose this hotel as it is centrally located for the 3 businesses I am visiting, the only disadvantage of the location is that the roads to get to the hotel are so busy at rush hour! Check-in was swift, room is ok, apart from the dreaded door through to the adjoining room that means you can hear everything from the neighbouring room - i mean everything! The hotel also attracts a lot of guests from the nearby college and they seem intent on coming and going from each others rooms all evening and making as much noise as possible. The gym and pool are small but ok, the steam room was out of order during my visit, however this wasn't the biggest negative...in all of my hundreds of stays in hotels i have never ever been asked to pay to use a towel in the gym/pool!! The breakfast is adequate without being amazing, all in all a good value hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Jason M, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. It is unfortunate that the surrounding roads can get very busy at peak times especially if there has been an incident on any of them which can cause some delays. Was sorry to read you encountered some noise issues during your stay and will certainly look into ways of policing this better in the evenings to avoid loss of comfort and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 May 2016

We visited the Park Inn whilst my husband was visiting West Brom on business. We chose it because of it's proximity to the Hawthorns football club which was walkable from the hotel.
On arrival the check in was friendly and quick in an area that looked dark and tired not quite what we expected from a Radisson hotel.
The room was yet even more of a disappointment...it was tiny and worn and we struggled to easily move around it. We were on the fourth floor and could hear road noise. Unfortunately, it got worse and we got very little sleep because of the fan staying on in the bathroom...despite shutting the door we could still hear it.
We went down to the bar to eat and that again was disappointing...I can only describe it as a working man's cafe. The decor did nothing to enhance the experience, football on screen's and music playing over the top of it. The lounge by the side was equally unappealing. The food was OK but not up there.
Breakfast was served in a separate area but again the whole place was uninspiring and dull. The food in contrast was ok, hot and tasty with a fairly limited choice, but I enjoyed this.
After breakfast I decided to tackle the fan issue asking if maintenance could turn it off . I was told that this was not possible because the fan was programmed to stay on permanently but since the hotel was not busy I could be moved, with an upgrade to go with it, to a refurbished room on a different side to the hotel. Thank goodness for this and both my husband and I I really appreciated our upgrade and got a much better nights sleep the second night as a result.
We also used the pool which we enjoyed as the pool was warm. The facilitates did need a clean though...there was a lot of hair on the floor of the pool and tissues dropped around the changing room which were not very appealing. The young man on reception in the fitness suite was a joy, bright and friendly and even mentioned that he had seen us in reception the night before.
I had issues with this hotel...it felt tired and old. The staff also appeared tired and not always happy except for a few exceptions...the fitness suite guy and a few of the reception staff. I heard an interview taking place in reception for a young lady possibly waiting on tables..there was a confidentiality and respect issue here why would you interview in reception? I couldn't avoid hearing what was said because I was waiting to speak to a member of the reception staff and was dismayed to hear a conversation about a 0 hours contact. Why would a hotel want lots of casual staff...0 hours contract does not value people and should be banned...not the way forward for any hotel or business. Good staff are invaluable to the feel of the place...they make or break a stay. I would not come back to this hotel knowing that this is how the company cares for it's staff. really sad for them all.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

During check in, the staff guessed I was staying prior to a job interview after seeing my suit hanging up in my hand and wished me good luck.
However I did not sleep at all during the night. There was a noise, like the sound of a tumble dryer continuous occurring throughout the night and therefore I could not sleep at all. (Room 416).
The next morning during checkout, I mentioned the noise, the staff at the reception looked at our room number and said, 'oh yeah, there's a problem with the vents in this room, which we know about and have had engineers out a few times and they cannot fix the problem.'
To which I was obviously livid about, given that they knew about the issue and they did not even bother to apologise!
Not only did this affect my interview but I feel we were ripped off by being checked into a problematic room without any mention of the issue.
I asked for my money back on checking out of the hotel, however they said the manager would call me.
Three days later, I am still waiting for them to call, despite calling this morning for an update.

I feel the customer service was poor
Not only do I feel I should have had my money refunded, I should also get compensation as they knowingly affected my job interview.

To add to it, the room was dirty with layers of dust gathered in the bathroom and our shower kept stopping.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ChrisG306
CarlsonRezidor, Customer Care at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2016

Dear Chris,
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize the noise from your vent disrupted your stay an affected your sleep. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We are also sorry to hear about your disappointment with the cleanliness of your room and the service you received when checking out of the hotel. We appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention and have shared your comments with hotel management to review.

Reviewed 7 May 2016

The two occasions I have stayed, I remember being warmly welcomed by Gerry and Lana.

The room was ideal for my stay, free Wi-Fi, and the breakfast was ample.

During my stay I was looking for a sports therapist and I decided to see Anita Aheer for a treatment having read her outstanding reviews, coincidently the above reception staff also recommended I go and see Anita for my nagging ache in my lower back that I had been suffering for some years.
Anita immediately identified it as sciatic pain and she increased my range of movement within the first session and gave me beneficial health advice to manage my condition.
Since my back is now recovered I decided to return for another treatment, This time Anita tailored a complete holistic relaxation massage for me. This was wonderful and no doubt the best I've ever had and I would really recommend Anita's treatments to anyone looking to completely relax, Thank you Anita
Andrew
Engineer

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was very pleased to read you had such an enjoyable stay and made good use of our available therapist Anita and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 4 May 2016

We stayed for 1 night and for us we did not have any issues, for us the hotel was clean, our room was well serviced for our arrival, and we did not have any issues like other people. The only fault I found was the costing of the food in the restaurant, and the quality of food, and also the costing within the bar. Maybe I am not used to the prices, but it would not stop me from staying here, its a great location just off jct 1 of the M5, and plenty of parking spaces, we arrived at 22.00hrs, and still spaces for a Friday night.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay. Was glad to read you had an enjoyable stay despite finding some of our items a little pricey within our bar and restaurant bu do hope see you back again very soon.

Kindest regards